Ai Generated fluffy art, an ongoing project, by Grim

let’s deal with these in order:

the stable diffusion is seeing that some pictures have signatures and thinks that that’s part of fluffies- the fact that they are nearly as Frankenstein as the fluffies themselves seems most fitting to me actually.

It is GROSSLY inappropriate for you, Pwuppy, to say what I, Grim, ‘want’ and the items you have asserted can almost trivially be dismissed.

Learning- Stable Diffusion is a very fickle program, requiring much practice, trial, and error before one can use it meaningfully. I put it to you that learning to use a program requires learning.

As for imagination and creativity-- I would assert that they are functionally the same thing in this usage case. I refer your attention to the joke I came up with for the title picture of this entire post. It seems imaginative and creative to me.

I’ll cycle back on the iterating on iterations at the end here. You clearly have MUCH to learn about emergent properties.

You have asserted that ‘no matter your ideas, all it can do is approximate’ and yet, I came up with an original joke using Ai to create the art underneath the joke text. I am referring to the title picture of this entire post. I put it to you that this assertion of yours is most demonstrably false.

Again with this disrespect to other artists argument? Is it disrespectful to paint haystacks since Monet has already done it? All of human achievement is based on improving on the works of others.

In point of fact, the only disrespect I see here is your BLAITENT disrespect for my hard work, calling it monstrous and trivializing it, as if anyone can just apropos of nothing can just up and pump it out - I would bet money that you LITERALLY could not do better Ai fluffy art if your life depended on it.

Finally, here’s SD creating art from nothing but a pone multiplying

Things AI should be used for: photographs of Mr Blobby on trial at The Hague, pissing about

Things AI shouldn’t be used for: look at my picture I made! It is my creativity that made this, not the artists I scraped for it!

6 Likes

lol nah

I agree with you on the AI category. It’s ridiculous that there isn’t one already.

1 Like

Sorry, when did anyone say that these pictures were made by Grim and not an AI? Stop being hysterical.

Well, he’s called it ‘his work’ and using it to ‘make art’.

6 Likes

Right, and I think he meant “these pictures I made with an AI program”, because he’s a normal person who wants to show his new content to the world. Also I just want to add (sorry I forgot this before) I have no idea what you’re talking about when you say it can only combine pictures it’s already seen. I don’t understand AI very well and even I know that’s wrong and not how it works.

I actually think he’s been trying to explain it to you, but you don’t seem interested in listening because you’re more interested in clinging to the idea that he’s stealing art by pressing buttons or something.

I know how AI art works. You feed in images that it uses to collect points of data from, in this case, a considerable amount of artwork from this community. From those, you teach it what a fluffy pony looks like and what it constitutes, until it can replicate the style that you want it to. That is why I find it abhorrent— you can still SEE it trying to make an artist’s signature, as so much of the data pool consists of images with signatures. People can see what artists have been used in the data set, since it is directly imitating their style.

It’s not hysterical to think that art theft and its results is horrid.

7 Likes

How many images do you think this was trained on?

Also, it’s not trying to make one artist’s signature, it’s trying to make the concept of a signature, as a child might after seeing mom sign a check.

One might argue that it is signing its own work.

artists do tend to sign their work, yes.

I’m not entirely sure what that’s supposed to prove though.

like you figured out that art often has signatures on it… okay.

the machine apparently figured that out too, so you are as smart as an ai. congrats.

maybe you are a secret ai

everything’s a simulation, internet is a lie, my opinion doesn’t matter and Grim is going to do whatever despite what I say

3 Likes

Kiss me!

2 Likes

I’m just wondering, did you use Magentademon’s work?

No, I did not, the training was only 27 images, one of which I exclusively own.

That’s a lot of words to call me a histrionic luddite.

You’re too busy trying to prove how clever and right you are. Stop huffing your own farts. I can draw with a stick in the sand, or with a pencil, or with a stylus, in a raster editor software. It’s fun to use different tools to do art, yes. Yes, some of these tools are at a long end of technological development.

The crap you call content belongs, at best, on a script kiddie forum where people are interested in advancing the use of AI art prompting.

Get the fuck out of here with your superiority complex and your victimhood.

2 Likes

My victimhood?

I’m not the one lashing out unprompted.

Yeah-huh.

Saying that to someone else who has been nothing but polite is normally described as ‘lashing out’ last I checked.

Oh, you’re assuming you’re the first person to steal and reuse my art (or that of other artists) as we are no longer believed to be active. All in the name of the sacred “content” stream.

Cute.

To be clear I consider that motherfucker behavior and motherfucker morals.

1 Like