An Invitation To The Storm

Fairly soon I’ll be returning to my Before The Storm series and trying to put most of my focus into that, Travis still has a LONG journey to go and I don’t want to lose track of it.

Since there is still quite a ways in the story to go and since Travis will be meeting many more Fluffies in his journey, I wanted to throw out an open invitation for anyone to have a Fluffy of their design become a character in the story.

For obvious reasons, these characters won’t be major players in the story, but if they fit in well with how the series unfolds some of them might grow into supporting players. Or at the very least I’ll give them a decent death scene.

Since there is still a lot more to come, don’t feel bad if your character doesn’t immediately show up, I have plans for Travis to come across several herds in his travels so everyone will get their moment in the spotlight.

Feel free to be as vague or as in-depth as you like, if you want to just put a name, colour and temperament then that’s fine, if you want to include a little backstory then go for it. This is open to any and all creators so that I don’t have to do any work… I mean, so that I can help give something back to the creative spark of this community.

9 Likes

Name: Mercury
Fluff Color: Metallic Blue (Hexcode 32527B)
Mane Color: Silver (Hexcode C0C0C0)
Temperament: Cheerful, Intelligent, Amicable
Background: Currently living next to an abuser he’s under the impression is his Mummah, refers to her as “Red Mummah”

2 Likes

Sure as long as he doesnt get injured or killed ill be happy so see my apple loving kitsune fluffy Rambo get a cameo.

Rambo Color (AMDk7)
Rambo is generally a two tone blue with green eyes and black fox like highlights.
I like to think of him as sheltered but good natured.
And he loves apples of any kind.

1 Like

Well in my future series I have a female smarty named Storm. She is a grayish blue unicorn with a navy blue mane and tail. If you want you could add her. It would be pretty cool to see my character in your story.

1 Like

Go ahead and use socks, the earth pony In my icon, little shits a cry baby though

1 Like

I should clarify, while I’m happy to try and fit cameos in from existing characters, the majority of what I’m looking for is new creations that can and probably will get hurt or even die depending on where the story takes them.

I’d rather not cause harm to someone’s established character unless you give permission for me to do so.

1 Like

How about … A yellow pegasus mare with an orange, cloud-like mane/tail. Her name’s Oldie but she’s not that old, so she gets grumpy if anyone implies she is. (The name’s a joke on golden oldies) Your choice on if she’s a mom but if she is, she’s definitely the strict “go wash your hooves, and no candy before dinner” type.

1 Like

Thundewcock the etenally crapping stallion - He’s a typical “good” fluffy, (blue fluff/green mane) except for the fact he has a massive unit and can’t stop pooping, which causes him to be sad. he’s followed around by a film crew for U-ABUS that records his misadventures and keeps him from getting into too much trouble.

2 Likes

If you remember my One and Only comic, Red’s mother Dripdrop. After she’s forgiven for raising a smarty. A bit more reserved, wiser and not as hard headed.

Leaf the wise head mare that warned Dripdrop.

The herd leader Hoop. (Not Smarty, that is a bad word) clever, and cares for his herd and will do what’s best for them. He’s no push over, he’s herds survives for a reason. May not let Travis in the herd but will give him help.

The herd. Six adults. Three males, three females. Eight babies.

You can do as you wish with this ones. I just ask the other three keep their limbs.

Toughie 1: Meatball, Stallion, indigo coat, pink mane. Yellow green eyes Scarred, not smart, but will follow orders.

Toughie2: Zigger, mare. But gets mistaken for a stallion because of her size and build. Gray coat. Lavender mane, purple eyes. Hard worker and doesn’t take crap.

Main mummies finder: Speedy, Stallion, built for running. Street smart. Fast talker. Brown on brown on brown.

Foals: five big babies (light blue and white, light green and pink, brown, pink and green, white and gray), three talkies (dark blue and yellow, cream and white, plum). All unnamed. They would get their names as adults.

1 Like

Tamo a giant black Fluffed Earthie Stallion with Canibal Syndrome who has a major problem with his needs to eat other fluffys and his wish to have friends, love and huggies.
At some points when he eats some one he liked he even becomes suicidal.

1 Like

Name: Green Day
Fluff color: White and blue and covered in green mold
Mane color: Green
Personality: Sadistic and enjoys torturing anything weaker than him. Which usually just means fluffies. Will shake the mold from his fluff onto other fluffies as a way of tormenting them. Isn’t a smarty and doesn’t want a herd, but uses Oasis as a tuffy to help him hurt his victims.
Background: Was being trained as a fluffy to help hospice patients, but ran away after he kept insulting them and tried to smother one.

Name: Oasis
Fluff color: A wet tan, like muddy sand
Mane color: The same
Personality: Agitated, obsessed with sweets, likes digging up the ground.
Background: Convinced to run away from home by Green Day and becomes his tuffy.

1 Like

Carp, an abandoned bulldog fluffy. Her owner had been on a waiting list for a long time and finally got a bulldog fluffy, but she wasn’t the prettiest colors. As a joke, he named her Carp, like the sometimes ugly fish. She, pretty much being a fluff covered barrel, became the Smarty Friend of the herd that took her in after she was abandoned. She enjoys fighting alongside her toughies, she’s pretty strong, but not very fast. She has a sort of bow legged gait. (Like the bulldog from Tom and Jerry, where the front feet are turned in, instead of normal.) She’s a very good leader, even has her herd accepting of alicorns. Her downfall could be that she’ll rush headlong into danger without hesitation, especially if it’s to protect a herd member or a babbeh. Lost her left wing in a battle with a nearly grown fox kit.

1 Like

Rat, a brown Earthie runt that did manage to grow to adulthood but is undersized and a bit scrawny. Avoids other fluffies as possible, especially if they’re pretty. Talks to himself a lot, has no inner monologue.

Lives with rats, and earns his keep by bringing food, keeping babies warm, playing, etc. He doesn’t have their mobility so he sometimes gets left behind if they’re out and about (ie, they go to high, to fast, etc).

Now whether they’re pets, in a shelter, living out in the city or country, etc? Up to you. Also determines how he reacts to humans.

1 Like

Questions for Rat and context: was he forced to num poopies as a babbeh? Was it because he’s brown or because food was scarce? Does he still do it? Fluffy or rat? Both? Rats are intelligent and social, does that play into things? How was he treated by his family? Was he bullied? OR do all the pretty fluffies end up with bad fates so he withdraws from them because he doesn’t want to have that kind of loss again? Does he see the good and the bad? Or does he have a noticeable bias? Is he fearful of physical harm? Or emotional?

I kind of had a rough idea and after posting I had all these questions. So, thought I’d share him.

1 Like

Interesting ideas, I’m imaging Rat as in self-imposed exile when he meets Travis. I have an idea of where to use him and I think he could add an intriguing element to Travis’ character during that portion of his life.

1 Like

I’m sure you could use him in any number of ways, give one impression, twist it, then return to the original later. And given you? I think you could ask some interesting questions with Rat.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Could repurpose an existing character to work with this, not sure if I can fit the red mummah in but I’ll do what I can

I’ve got an idea in mind for Rambo, won’t be till a ways in the story but I can fit him in

The name might cause some confusion, but I’ve got room for a few Smarties so I’ll try to fir her in.

I can always use a crybaby, no guarantee she’ll live but it’ll be fun leading up to that.

I like the concept and I can see her fitting in a few places through the series.

Probably a little too much for what I’m planning, but I love the darkly humorous idea behind him.

I like the idea of a crossover and I’ll need a herd in the future. This could work out quite well once I iron everything out.

Love the idea, have a couple inklings on where to use him, nothing concrete yet but I’ll keep him in mind

I’ve got a decent idea of where to put these two, could make for solid antagonists for Travis’ character building

Love the originality, not quite sure if I can fit her in, but once again, never say never, if I find a spot I can use her then I will

3 Likes

Oh brother I’ve drawn socks gettin fuckin mauled before, go for it; so long as it’s not like sexual abuse I don’t care lol

1 Like

Names: Cheddar and Lilac.

Types and Gender: Male Unicorn (Cheddar) and Female Pegasus (Lilac)

Colors: Orange fluff with Yellow-Orange mane (Cheddar) and Lavender fluff with Purple mane and feathers (Lilac)

Temperament: Serious and Cautious yet Friendly to those that are known (Cheddar). Motherly and Kind but Protective of foals (Lilac).

Background: Cheddar was formerly a smarty-friend of a herd that was destroyed by the actions of his nephew Eggplant (See A Yard Attack and a Truth Revealed for details) and Lilac is his mate. They were taken in temporarily due to Lilac’s pregnancy (gave birth back in the end of July/beginning of August. )

Children: 1 Litter full parentage (Ember being among them), 1 Litter from Cheddar with a different mare.(Arabica among them.)

Current Status: Alive (Released back in mid-September after being assured that Ember would be safe with his half-sister.)

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t know that her name would be confusing. Are there other characters named Storm? Of so I could get another fluffy

1 Like