Aww Staw Supah Fwuff - Part 4 (Author:Oculus)

Aww Staw Supah Fwuff

A story in seven parts

By Oculus

Adapted from “All-Star Superman” by Grant Morrison, and based off “Supe’ Fwuff" by KMEB

Cover art by WetFluff aka KilledbyCreatures

~

Part 4: Diametrically Opposite

continued from Part 3

Antartica.

The coldest continent, the nadir of the known world. Except that, this isn’t the Antarctica that Supah Fwuff knows. Even though the continent is in the exact spot, its shape is a bit different, like as though it’s a mirror image of the Antartica he has been to so many times before.

Navigating through various caverns deep underground, Supah Fwuff sees a gigantic door, one that has a handprint engraved on it, as opposed to a hoof print. This had to be the spot. Even though the door was locked, the nature of this door was that it was never locked, but was so unbelievably heavy that only certain individualw could open it.

Placing his hoof on the engraving, Supah Fwuff pushes the door with ease, and enters his “speshul home”. Well, it is not exactly the special home he knows. Silently hovering into the abode, he contemplates on the events that led to all this.

~

Two months ago

Deep space.

Somewhere around the Kuiper Belt, Supah Fwuff is hovering around a tiny object that is no bigger than an orange. Mistah Adams and Robot-dummeh had told him “not to touch it”. Rather, and because Supah Fwuff has developed the ability to create “speshul zappies”, Supah Fwuff has to use his zappies to “cover” the smaww dawkie thingie, and pull at it

As he does this, “Robot-dummeh” is watching him, along with some other robots.

“The Nibiru Entity is currently covered in the bio-electric field created by Clark.”

Other than hearing his name, Supah Fwuff has no idea what Robot-Dummeh is talking about.

“Alright Clark, remember what we told you. Don’t touch the black ball thingy, but use your “zappies” to bring it home.”

“Otay, mistah dummeh Wobot!”

Supah Fwuff nonchalantly says this as he moves the dark ball with his bio-electric field. However, he senses that it is very heavy. So heavy even for him to manage. But, and after a while, he gets a hang of the weight, especially since he’s using a zappy power to manage it, and not his actual body.

The journey took over a week, during which they have to feed him a speshul kibble, and a lot of sketties. But finally, Supah Fwuff had managed to bring the dark baww to Eawf.

Mistah Adams and Robot-Dummeh had asked Supah Fwuff to gently place the dark ball thingy in the centre of a huge, glass ball that both of them had created.

“Careful, Clar…. You’re doing good!

There we go!”

Supah Fwuff manages to place the dark ball thingy in the centre of the glass ball and Robot-Dummeh switches on some thingamajig that Supah Fwuff can’t understand.

The sphere of glass flashes brilliant, as the dark ball rages. But after a while it stops.

“Beautiful, just beautiful.”

The following day, Robot-Man and Samuel Adams are marvelling at the object that, while supposedly and completely black, is also emitting a great and brilliant light. A light so bright, that the sphere has to place certain barriers in order to limit the radiation it emits.

“A black hole. An actual black hole on Earth. I still can’t believe it.”

“I was concerned that the excess amount of stellar radiation might exacerbate Clark’s condition, but his bio-electric field was able to keep the radiation away from him.”

~

A month had passed.

Robot-man is currently eyeing the black hole powering his immense factory. Based off technology he had managed to acquire from the previous defeat of the Herd from the Other World, he has built a miniature Dyson sphere around this black hole. He currently plans to make a larger version of this Dyson sphere in time, and build it around the Sun, much like how the alien herd had attempted to all those years ago. Creating a Dyson Sphere would elevate Humanity to a Class Two on the Kardashev scale, and could lead to further contact with alien civilizations within the galaxy.

But Robot-man has been noticing an absurd build-up of tachyons around his lab. The black hole was also emitting tachyons, since physics would work differently around a black hole, but Robot-man noticed that the tachyons in his lab had arrived before the black hole was housed here, indicating that a separate phenomena was about to happen. After some calculations he predicted that a visitor would arrive in his lab within a specific time frame.

And true enough that happened. Wearing an outfit that resembled an astronaut’s, but like no astronaut in the known world, the visitor steps out of the wormhole. Robot-man has his back turned to the visitor as he watches his black-hole, but the UI within his helmet allows him to keep an eye on the visitor.

“Judging from the massive amounts of tachyons that my systems had detected, I figured it was either another Flossian attempt at an invasion of our world, or one of you time travellers would show up.”

“We could never hide from you, Robot-Man.”

“Whose “we”?”

The traveller walks up to Robot-man, and he shows the patch on his left shoulder. To the naked eye, it is a minimalist drawing of the fluffy pony biotoy. However, and utilizing his advanced scanners, Robot-man can see that it’s actually a fluffy travelling through a vast plane of space and time. As he once remarked before, it’s a pretty impressive piece of artwork for a mere cloth patch.

“I’m sure you’re familiar with the organization I represent.”

“Indeed I am. But why here and why now?”

“Robot-man, I am certain that you know about the predestination paradox. Thus, as much as I can disclose some discreet information, my organization is of the opinion that too much influence may negatively affect the timelines we visit. Even our presence here, while inevitable, already ‘corrupts’ a timeline.”

“Alright, so. Why exactly are you here, then?”

“I’m here to meet Mark Connors. That’s my real reason for being here.”

“A simple affair. One that can be arranged without my help.”

“And I’m also here to provide a warning.”

“Didn’t you say that you’re not supposed to get involved?”

“Indeed, unless this is a situation where a definite action is going to happen. Let us say a car is going to hit you and I’m standing in front of you 5 seconds before impact. If I say ‘the car is going to hit you’, it will still happen. I could freeze time and prevent it, but it would require an immense amount of energy that may not be really worth the effort.”

“Okay, I get it. So what exactly is this “definite” thing that’s going to happen?”

~

12 hours earlier

Mr Schrieber is currently in his car, heading to work. The morning was always the same, always difficult. His wife never stopped complaining about him, his son never behaves, and his daughter keeps asking him for money. Somehow, the traffic and the rat race were more welcoming than his home situation. Though the situation he was in now was one he’d rather not be in at all.

He could not believe what his eyes are seeing him. It’s a naked man. Completely naked, no clothes whatsoever, showing off his altogether in the bright morning. But, as the naked man approaches him, he sees his own face in the naked man.

“OI! Dis am smawty wand nao! Gib sketties or git sowwy huwties!!!”

The naked man proceeds to keep hitting at his car with his bare hands, curled up in a fist. To the left and right, similar naked people, duplicates of the people within their covers, are hitting at the vehicles to no avail. All speaking in the language of the fluffy pony chimera, all demanding spaghetti.

~

“About a month from now, an aspect of a mirror universe is going to appear in orbit around our sun. This Mirror Earth will be diametrically opposite of the Sun in orbit.”

“Christ, the additional gravitational pull could pose trouble for our Solar System!”

“Precisely. In addition to that, denizens from that world will appear in this one. I am not certain how they appear, but suffice to say is that, whichever the variant, the presence of another gravitational force will be concerning.”

“Can’t it be prevented?”

“I’m afraid the only way it could be prevented was by you not having this Black Hole. Having this Black Hole is precisely the reason why the temporal anomaly is going to happen. Its also one of the reasons why I’m in this timeline.

What you can do, and is my recommendation, is that you requisition forces around the world to first prepare for a minor incursion. Whichever the variant, their natives will most likely be less intelligent than Earths humans.”

“What, are they fluffies?” Robot-man scoffs.

“I refuse to comment.”

“Joking aside, what can be done to deal with the presence of another planet?”

“I’m afraid that’s another thing I can’t provide a solution to. All I can do is give a warning that its going to happen. That said, and judging from your planet’s security forces and its super powered individuals, I believe you’ll be able to handle it safely.”

Robot-man thinks, bringing his hand to the chin of his helmet. There seemed to be a rather simple solution.

“Can’t I just remove this black hole? Place it back where it was previously?”

“I know full well you won’t do that.”

That’s true, thinks Robot Man.

“Luckily for you, the reason why I brought up the car analogy is because the problem is also the fault of the mirror Earth.”

“What, they have a localized black hole too?”

“I cannot say, it is too variable. What I can say is that, when the time does come, you’ll have to figure out a way to solve the problem on that end.

Now, is there a phone around here? I need to call Mark Connors.”

~

Robot-Man is currently with the President of the United States within a bunker in the Pentagon. Also present is a few other members of the Band, as well as various generals of the armed forces. The Secretary of Defence is the first to outline the events of past 10 hours.

“We’ve been getting reports of naked people appearing all over the country, materializing out of nowhere. We’re getting similar reports from other world governments about this occurrence. We estimate at least forty thousand cases of attempted violence from these naked individuals, though there have been little to no injuries due to their limited intelligence.”

“What I want to know is,” demands the President, “why are they clones of people? And why are they speaking fluffspeak?”

Seeing this as his moment, Robot-man chimes in.

“A few weeks ago, I was informed that a temporal anomaly would follow the localization of the Black Hole on earth. According to my source, denizens from that world would appear on ours. Judging from what I’m seeing, these humans are an alternate universe variants of actual people of our Earth.”

“Okay, but why are they all speaking fluffspeak, and why are they all naked?”

“Well, if I have to venture a guess, I shall assume this is a world where fluffies are the dominant species, and Humanity was the slave species created by fluffies. Basically, a reverse of our situation.”

“Jesus.”

“But why the hell are they popping up here?!”

“That’s what I’m wondering. My source didn’t provide additional details beyond its occurrence, but I am wagering a guess that the weird physics of the black hole would allow the parallel Earth to interact with us in the manner. Its presence in the solar system is itself an anomaly, not to mention its current orbit.”

“Current orbit?”

Robot-Man materializes a hologram of the solar system from the palm of his hand. As the occupants of the room see a model of the Earth come to life, they notice that a similar model of the Earth, but with the continents reversed, orbiting the same Sun at the same distance. This model of the phantom Earth blinks.

“According to Asteroid Cowboy, the planet appears then disappears at an unsteady rate, meaning that it is blinking in and out of existence, like Schrodinger’s cat. It is the reason why its gravitational pull has not affected our system yet.”

“If you said the black hole caused this, why not just remove the black hole?”

“Well firstly, the black hole we have is an infinite source of energy.”

“Oh yeah, we can’t lose that.”

“Secondly, and according to my source, their world may have a black hole similar to ours, a reason why we have this trouble. If we can find out about the nature of their localized black hole, we might have a solution to our problem.”

“Alright, then how do we get by contacting their planet?”

“Here’s the thing. We have attempted contact with the planet, but there has been no response in the past 24 hours. The only other option we have is to enter the planet and make physical contact.

Problem is, and even with our most advanced technology, we wouldn’t be able to enter the atmosphere at the exact moment. Asteroid Cowboy also doesn’t have the tech. Both Bikini Blur and the Human Meteor have the speed to enter the planet at the exact moment, but are not capable of spaceflight, currently.

As of right now, only one creature can enter the mirror Earth.”

~

Supah Fwuff has been briefed by a general and a representative from Hasbio fluent in fluffspeak.

“Fwuffy undahstan. Supah fwuff wiww fine’ ow dummeh huu am bwinging wierdie hummehs to Earf.”

“We’re counting on you, Clark. Good luck, Supah Fwu-“

Before he can finish his sentence, Supah Fwuff flies out of the hangar. Moving at velocity just a few centimetres short of the speed of light, Supah Fwuff has travelled for about a quarter of an hour.

Supah Fwuff sees the mirror Earth. Its looks just like our world, but the landmasses are reversed. Also, it seems translucent, like as though its not really there.

“Alright supah fwuff. You have to do the impossible now.

You have to go faster.”

Supah Fwuff does not like to go faster than the speed of light. Everything goes black, and things get weird when he does that.

But he does so anyway.

~

At first, there was only silence.

“Come in, Clark. Can you hear us, Supah fwuff?!”

“Fwuffy am on wierdie pwanet.”

A tremendous applause rocks Houston upon hearing a Clark’s voice.

“Alright supah fwuff, we need you to find out where the dawk ball thingy on this planet is.”

The silence returns.

“Supah fwuff? Come in, Supah Fwuff.”

Supah Fwuff still does not respond.

“Keep maintaining contact. Right now, Supah Fwuff is our best bet until we can send in a team into the alternate world.”

Under his breath, Robot-man silent says “It’s up to you, Clark.”

~

Supah fwuff is shocked by the world he is seeing. Fluffies dot the streets, and dominate every aspect of life here. However, he notices the lack of humans. And, the few humans that he does see are all naked and heavily restrained. Some crawl on the ground, with a fluffy guiding them on a leash. Another human, a fairly strong one, is carrying a lot of bulk, while listening to the order of his fluffy superior.

“Dis am an opposite wowl” thinks Supah Fwuff.

“Hey, I’m flying here!”

Caught by surprise, Supah Fwuff turns around, and sees a pegasus fluffy fly past him. Looking around, he sees the other pegasi on this world fly, with some form of magic keeping their stubby wings afloat. With his telescopic vision, he can see the unicorns perform various human feats impossible for a fluffy through the use of magic. Supah Fwuff was familiar with magic, as his own homeworld has a few magic-based heroes, but it seemed to be that the entire basis of this fluffy civilization is in the adoption and refinement of magical power, as opposed to science and technology.

Supah Fwuff wants to spend more time in this place, but he has a suspicion that the fluffies here would not understand him. In his usual fluffy manner, Supah Fwuff thinks about the one place where he could start, that place being his secret home.

~

It was as he expected. In this mirror world, dis “opposite wowl”, his special home still existed. But instead of an empty cavern filled with his toys, and a few memorabilia from his many adventures, this cavern is filled with a lot of device and gadgets that Supah Fwuff had not seen before.

Supah Fwuff is taking a risk here. He could have attempted to find the President of the United States of this world. Or the head of its United Nations, if either entity exists. But, and being Supah Fwuff, he felt the the first person he should try to find in a mirror world is someone who is exactly like him. After all, if the special home was here, then there should be a Supah Fwuff.

“I never thought you’d come here. But you did.”

Supah Fwuff’s super hearing picks up a low whisper, intended for his ears. Hovering above the ground, he flies towards the source of the whisper.

Instead of a fluffy, he seems a man, dressed in a costume, operating an elaborate and complicated device. As the man turns around, Clark sees the face of his owner, Mark Connors.

“Hello, father.”

“D-daddeh?”

The Alt-Mark is initially confused. But then he realizes the absurdity of the situation. “Of course, a parallel universe,” the Alt-Mark sighs, with a slight huff at the end in an ironic scoff. “Seems to be that, as opposed to a superhuman, my owner would be the most powerful superhero of his world.”

“Wut am dis, Mawk?”

“This? Well, this devise holds a Gravastar. A special kind of star, much like a Black Hole. Although I know technology, I learnt some magic from the other fluffies, and I utilized their knowledge to create my own Gravastar.”

“Bu’ wai daddeh do aww dis? Bwing aww da wierdie hummehs to fwuffy wowld?”

“I didn’t mean to, Clark! I only wanted to bring myself there. To meet you.”

“But wai?”

The alt-Clark remains silent. He walks towards to a computer, seated on the other end of the room. As Supah Fwuff goes up to it, he sees a grave, much like the one to Oswald. Except that, the inscription is different here.

“Clark, son of Oswald.”

“Oh.”

“All the technology in the world, all the intellect I have, and all my abilities and yet, I was not able to save you,” laments the Alt-Mark. “The truth is I didn’t want to send the people to that world. I wanted to send myself. So I kept working at this machine, to finally get it right.”

“You’ll never get it right.”

Both Supah Fwuff and Alt-Mark look on in amazement, as the Traveller removes his invisibility field, and reveals himself to the both of the,.

“Who, who are you?!” says Alt-Mark, in a threatening voice, demanding, “How did you get here?!!”

“I’m here to tell you that you are NOT supposed to use that machine.”

“But I don’t want to be here anymore! I don’t fit here!”

“You think you will be able to enter the other Earth with this machine. What you’ll really do is collapse this entire planet you’re on into a Black Hole with its continuous use. Believe me, I’ve seen it before.”

The realization as to who the man is hits the alt-Mark.

“You’re a time traveller! You’re one of Them, aren’t you?”

“You said it yourself. I know it is tempting to want to go to the other side, and I know you tried flying there.”

“I tried, but it didn’t work. And it seemed to make more sense for me to teleport myself there, and leave this curse world of mine to its fate.”

“And I’m just here to give you the warning. You can just ignore me and do it. I’m not stopping you.”

Supah Hummeh hand hovers around the button. He wants to press the button again, like he has done so many times, in the hopes that his makeshift teleporter would teleport him to the world of Supah Fwuff.

“You’re right. I shouldn’t.”

The Alt-Mark falls to knees, and starts sobbing.

“I could never fit in this society. My fellows humans, they, they are all so incredibly stupid! And the fluffies, they torture us! Abuse us! Demean us! You say that so many of my kind have teleported there, but the fluffies here, they don’t care. We humans are just cheap disposable pets to them! They don’t even notice that so many thousands of us are missing!

Oh, how I envy you, Clark. How you’re able to fit into your society, and how you’re able to make yourself special there.”

“Mawk see fwuffy?” asks Clark, a little confused.

“Yes. The visuals are not perfect, but I see you on your Earth. Working as Superfluffy, saving both fluffies and humans alike. And most of all, you’re still with me, your ‘daddy’ as you call him.”

Clark doesn’t know what to tell his counterpart. But he can only tell him what is in his heart.

“Fwuffy am sowwy dat fwuffy nu can hewp ‘ou. It am hawd being nu wike uddas.

But, fwuffy knu dat Mawk twy his bestest. Fwuffy tuu do am bestest.”

Flying up to alt-Mark’s side, Clark places his hoof on the man, as he says, ‘Fwuffy knu wut it wike to feew awone. Some bwight times, some dawk times, fwuffy feew wike nu udda fwuffy in wowl am wike Supah Fwuff.

Bu, fwuffy hab fwens! Even wit’ nu mummah, an’ no famiwy, fwuffy wearn to hab fwens. And wif fwens, fwuffy neba feew awone.”

It may seem obvious to any human. But for the Humans of this alternate world, that are the magical homunculi created by the superior fluffy pony species, the human biotoys of this world do not have access to an extensive education like ours. In addition, and because of their limited intelligence, the human biotoys often forget some of Life’s most important lessons, something that Alt-Mark himself realizes.

“You’re right. All this time I wasted, trying to get to another world, trying to be close to you, when I could have spent that bettering my own world.”

“It’s not too late, Mark,” says the Traveller, “You can still fix this.”

“What can I do?”

“Fortunately for you, my ship is powered by miniature black holes and similar miniature stellar entities. It allows me to achieve the interdimensional travel needed. If you pass me your gravastar, the presence of your world should no longer affect this Clark’s, and everything will go back to normal.”

The Alt-Mark ponders for a moment.

“Sure. I’ll do it.

I just ask for one thing in return.”

~

Supah Fwuff never felt this way before. On his homeworld, Mark had cooked spaghetti for him, but it was mostly as a treat for good behaviour. But here, it was very different. The Alt-Mark was cooking and serving him spaghetti the way a servant would for his master.

“How does it taste, father?”

“Dis am bestest sketti! What am in dis sketti?”

“Its your favourite, dad. Parmesan and feta!”

And for the next few hours, Clark and the Alt-Mark talked. The Alt-Mark told him about his world, about how the alt-Clark bought him from him a pet store, and raised him well. In reponse, Clark told the alt-Mark about all his adventures on his own Earth, and how he had made a name for himself as Supah Fwuff.

“You truly are a super fluffy. I should do more for my world. For the humans on it, and even the fluffies. I so badly wanted wanted to go to your world, but I never the thought I could do more on mine.”

As he said this, the Traveller comes up to the two of them.

“Clark, its time.”

Close to tears, the Alt-Mark bends down, and lets Supah Fwuff hug him.

“Clark, before you go, let me give you this.”

As he says this, the Alt-Mark touches Supah Fwuff on the forehead. Deep under the visor, the Traveller raises an eyebrow. While partially expected, the exchange was slightly unusual.

“That is my gift to you, Clark, and my blessing.”

“Tanks, daddeh.”

“Farewell, father.”

“Gudbai, diffwen daddeh.”

~

It is night.

The craft of the Traveller lands on the icy desert of the Antarctic. But this is not the Antarctica of the reverse Earth, this is home.

“And with that, my work in this timeline is done.”

The Traveller escorts Supah Fwuff to the door. As Supah Fwuff lands on the snow below, he turns around, and sees the Shuttle that the Traveller used. Its looks a lot like the Space Shuttles used by NASA.

“Thank ‘ou, nice mistah,” says Supah Fwuff in gratitude.

The Traveller ponders for a moment. He has not rehearsed what he is about to say to Clark. But he knows the gravity of what he says next.

“Clark. In the past few months, you have performed some of your greatest feats as Supah Fwuff. But one more challenge remains for you. And its one that I cannot be involved with.

All I can do is wish you luck. Farewell, Supah Fwuff, and always remember to be a good fwuff.”

“Fwuffy wiww!”

The Traveller closes the door on his shuttle and, within minutes, the craft goes airborned.

“Bye bye, Time Twavew Mistah!” yells out Clark, the Supah Fwuff, as he waves goodbye to the the shuttle. Within moments, it gives off a bright, golden light, and promptly vanishes, leaving behind a golden essence that slowly dissolves into the chilly Antarctic air.

As Clark ponders on the last words of the Traveller, he flies off, to see his father first, and then Houston.

~

In a prison cell located in the middle of the Pacific, a guard is currently pushing a tray filled with the rations for the various occupants. Meals had already been served to most of the highly dangerous criminals on this prison, but one criminal needed him to wear a specialized helmet to prevent potential mind control.

Entering the cell, he punches in a keypad that allows him to dispense the food in a specialized area. As one end closes, the other end opens. Senator Sandworm, temporarily freed from his restraints on his arms, is allowed to consume the chicken pot pie meal.

“Eat up, you punk. You got two months left to live.”

Hearing that, the Senator smiles, as he whispers, “I’m looking forward to it.”

~

TO BE CONTINUED

7 Likes

The fourth part of this series, and by far, the most difficult to write. It was even more difficult to adapt this than Part 3! Part of the reason was because, in the original All-Star Superman, Kal-El had one final excursion in Bizzaro world, which is a world consisting of Bizarro supermen and, by nature, is supposed to be the exact opposite of the normal world, complete with its own complex Bizarrospeak. However, the depiction of Bizarro world itself is confusing and conflictng, a reason why depiction of Bizarro world have been vastly different depending on writer. Thus, and for the sake of this chapter which adapts Chapters 7 and 8 of “All Star Superman”, I decided to go with the Opposite Day world that GRANPA156 depicted in his comic, save that I had the humans be naked and speak only in fluffspeak.

Some notes:

Spoiers below:

Summary
  • the Herd from another world is an alien fluffy pony herd (think a kryptonian or viltrumite fluffy herd). The herd attempted to terraform and colonize Earth, as well as build a Dyson sphere, but they were defeated. I might do a simple story on it, though I doubt anyone would be interested.
  • The Time traveller is similar to the one the protagonist meets in nɘbiɒӘ ƨmɒbA mɒƧ = nediaG smadA maS
  • Chronologically, this is the last time the Traveller will appear in the story. That said, he’ll appear one more time in the narrative, so stay tuned.

Up next will be the most important chapter of Aww Staw Supah Fwuff (and hopefully, it won’t be as complex to write!)

2 Likes

Intriguing story and for someone like me who has never really read much comics, a good intro to the world of super heroes.

I think I can see a ton of references to other works in the story. Be interested to know more about these references like having some sort of companion guide.

3 Likes

I could write out a companion guide for this series once I conclude it. Would detail the past adventures of Supah Fwuff that were merely alluded to in the text. Part of the appeal of All Star Superman is that its a celebration of Superman and his mythos, and yet is approachable enough that people do not need an in-depth familiarity of Superman’s mythos to enjoy the story.

3 Likes