Back to work

I think I found the answer

2 Likes

the owl is just mad because his commi language doesn’t have a translation for mumbo jumbo

1 Like

Ohh ok

1 Like

enfing out of dread for a close death? interesting

1 Like

I read once that the usually live 12-15 years. That seemed realistic.

2 Likes

Ageing and death are linked to the metabolism of a lifeform. A slow metabolism often equals high longevity, and a rapid metabolism equals a short lifespan. There are a lot of different factors though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Fluffies do have a high metabolism, in most headcanons:

• high amounts of food consumed, poop every few hours
  • rapid gestation and growth (around 3 to 6 weeks of pregnancy, four to twenty weeks till adulthood in most headcanons)

So it’s save to say they have a rather short lifespan. But how short exactly?
You don’t find that many headcanons that state the actual life expectancy of fluffies, probably because most creators don’t want to set their “maximum age” in stone, or because they didn’t consider it (depending on which side of the fandom you’re examining, most fluffies won’t reach an old age anyway). But what I’ve seen so far is that fluffies can reach an age of around 6 to 10 years (that would also be my headcanon). That’s also a range prominently featured in the Rosemary series.

4 Likes

Most of them don’t even make it to 1.

4 Likes

it’s not because of age tho

3 Likes

You’re not the only one who can be a clown, y’know.

Honk. Honk.

3 Likes

why those dots between the honks terrify me so much?

3 Likes

I was going for more of a “grumpy birthday party clown who hates what he does for a living” kind of vibe. Y’know, a “yeah yeah, here’s your damn balloon animal, now scram, kid” sort of thing.

Has anyone ever done anything about a clown making balloon fluffies?

3 Likes

no, but you know what’s better? a clown giving balloon animals to fluffies. one second it’s a balloon, and the other it’s a scary barkie munstah

2 Likes

Three words: fluffy birthday party.

4 Likes

If properly cared for

I imagine fluffy ponies have a high mortality rate

4 Likes

How tragic that that’s the best case scenario.

3 Likes

while all that is true fluffies are not a natural occurring animal how much reality you want to bring in to them greatly changes how long they live and age . the example of there gestation and growth is very unrealistic for an animal that his sapiens level of intelligence they would have a very long child hood like humans do and a longish gestation

2 Likes

True. But they were made with the DNA of lots of naturally occurring animals.

So they can probably evolve, just like any other animal.

And hey, look at how long humans can live these days. There was a time when you would have been extremely lucky to make it to 30.

So, my point is that a fluffy’s lifespan can probably be extended too.

2 Likes

Fluffys are to radically different from any animal for simple splicing to work,they would need to completely artificial, humans extend lifespan is more about better living conditions than any sort of evolution fluffys in a human home are all ready living in the most ideal of conditions

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve said before that fluffies definitely fall under science fiction.

But hey, that’s the great thing about fiction, it doesn’t have to be scientifically accurate.

1 Like

Then what are you arguing that you can do what ever you want because lol science fiction so random

2 Likes