Battlefluffs: Ultimate Power v2 vs Kevin (Fluffus)

That is lovely to hear. Thank you.

1 Like

I still think Kevin should have at least picked up Dave’s pot or something along the way. I mean, if he can’t seem to get out of competing, he might as well maximize his chances of survival.

He doesn’t seem so stupid as to believe that his cardboard sword will do anything.

4 Likes

Kevin certainly has his work cut out for him. Great work as always. I’m in love with panel 15.

2 Likes

LETS GOOOO KEVIN!! COME ON KEVIEEEEE YOU GOT THIS BABYYYYY!!

3 Likes

Heh, yeah that one is melodramatic. It felt like the comic could use a little humor at some point ^^

3 Likes

@Eded_ted @SqueakyFriend is this familiar relation “canon” now? Does UPv2 change fluffies each round or was it always kevins dad?

4 Likes

Oh I am definitely up for making it canon.

4 Likes

It is definitely cannon now.

4 Likes

A timely reminder: even if you put a fluffy in a futuristic cyber tank, it is still a fluffy.

2 Likes

What a tragic story that Kevin has to kill his dad with ligma.

2 Likes

BABE, WAKE UP!
EPISODE 6: RETURN OF THE KEVIN JUST DROPPED

3 Likes

The one and only weakness of that design. The designer tried to mitigate by including a super computer.

2 Likes

Oh boy, a Fluffus post AND it is a STAR WARS reference. It’s a great day to be alive.

1 Like

And a pot for a helmet would be how effective against UPv2?

The thing is designed to survive atmospheric re-entry, comes with an onboard super computer, and is crawling with horrifying and deadly weapons.

1 Like

No more effective than a cardboard sword was against Spin to Win, I would guess.

But that cardboard sword was the deciding factor against Spin-to-Win. Because Spin-to-Win was built on a shoestring budget by a sadist, not a multi-million budget by an engineer.

1 Like

So this comic took 7h 20 min from first sketch to final export. If you are interested here’s a snapshot of what I had at the 2h 30m mark, at the end of ideation but before edit and render. At this stage it had more of a horror tone, but it was too many panels and was diffucult to read unambiguously.

I also felt that it focused too much on Kevin’s dad’s struggle against the suit’s super computer and didn’t give Kevin an equal part in the story.

4 Likes

Okay! Kevin won!

He goes to the final battle!

1 Like

Yes, sure, but at what cost?

1 Like

Necroposting a bit but…IS THAT A STAR TREK REFERENCE?

J/k

2 Likes