Biotoy Hybrids In My Headcanon (by Pushka)

Although very rare, hybridization between fluffies and other types of biotoys (both fluffy variants and non-fluffy biotoys) is possible.

Fluffy x Donkeyfluffy (“Mulefluffies”/“Fluffy Mules”) - The most common of the hybrids.
Unlike real mules, mulefluffies are typically fertile.

Bowlfluffy x Seafluffy - Though the second most common of the hybrids (and despite these both belonging to the same biotoy species), these are still rare for anatomical reasons.
When they do occur, they often resemble a bowlfluffy with the flippers of a seafluffy.

Fluffy x Seafluffy - Despite these both belonging to the same biotoy species, their differing anatomy makes hybridization difficult.
When the offspring do survive, they typically appear with limbs intermediate between land fluffy legs and seafluffy flippers.
Unfortunately, this often causes the offspring to have difficulty moving in either environment, leading to low lifespans.
Additionally, living offspring can typically only be produced from crosses involving sirenian-like seafluffies or pinniped-like seafluffies. Fishfluffies and dolphin seafluffies are too different in anatomy to allow for successful hybridization, and any offspring of this pairing to somehow beat the odds and survive birth would most likely be deformed.

Fluffy x Bowlfluffy - Although they have a higher chance of successful hybridization than bowlfluffy/seafluffy hybrids do, they are rarer due to land fluffies’ inherent fear of water.
The offspring, assuming they survive, typically have an appearance intermediate between the land fluffy and bowlfluffy.
Unfortunately, due to this they are not as suited to either of their parents’ environments, leading to low lifespans in ferals.

Batfluffy x Goatfluffy (“Demonfluffies”) - Despite the name, demonfluffies are really just a designer hybrid between a fruit batfluffy and a goatfluffy. They typically resemble a fruit batfluffy with goatfluffy horns.
Due to the differing circadian rhythms of the parents, demonfluffies can be diurnal, nocturnal, crepuscular, or even cathemeral.

Fluffy x Fuzzy - Though scarcely if ever seen in domestics, hybrids between feral fluffies and feral fuzzies have been reported.
These offspring typically speak in a mix of fluffspeak and fuzzspeak, and can inherit any number of flaws from both parents.

Fluffy x Puffy (“Hippopuffies”) - Due to the puffy’s natural inclination to hunt fluffies, these are extremely rare.
When they do appear, these hybrids possess the front end of a puffy with the back end of a fluffy, making them resemble miniature hippogriffs, earning them the name “hippopuffies”.

Fuzzy x Puffy (“Hippopuffies”) - These are very similar to the above-mentioned fluffy/puffy hybrids, and are even rarer due to a combination of the puffy’s natural hunting inclination and the rarity of feral fuzzies.
When they do appear, these hybrids are virtually indistinguishable from fluffy/puffy hybrids, and have the same moniker.

Furby x Hatchimal - These only occur with bird-like Hatchimals with beaks, as Furbies find these similar enough to themselves to mate with.
The offspring will typically be able to speak Furbish but will have a voice more similar to a Hatchimal.

Puffy x Furby - There are two known types of these. Both of them are capable of speaking Furbish.
The first looks more or less like an owl, since it has the body of a Furby with the wings of a puffy (placed where a real owl’s would be).
The second looks like a puffy with a Furby’s face and ears. Often called Furby Griffins, these are sometimes confused with owl-like puffies.
A third type has been reported but more research is needed into this.

10 Likes

Huh. I never really thought of this kind of thing. Y’know, crossbreeding different kinds of biotoy. I’ve got fluffy hybrids, but they’re all half fluffy/half something not a biotoy.

2 Likes

Puffy x furby sounds absolutely horrifying

3 Likes

Hippofluffies? I want one :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

1 Like

it can be used as an instrument of torture in guantanamo.

1 Like

Well now I might draw a fluffy furby hybrid
God help us

1 Like

TBH I just couldn’t think of any description for it at the time. lol

Hippopuffies, like hippogriffs.

Hippofluffies would be cool too, though. I think Gr1m drew one of those once.

Gods help us all indeed.

1 Like

Update: Added info about Puffy x Furby hybrids. The two main types are pretty normal, but what about this mysterious third?

Added my version of demonfluffies.