Carpe Diem (Artist: Carpdime) (Fluffybooru id: 27689)

73 Likes

@Chikahiro’s comments on his recent entry prompted me to re-upload what I consider to be one of @Carpdime’s most timeless pieces. It was one of the many influences on my story of Milk, and it is one of my favourite references when it comes the lifecycle of the average domestic fluffy.

As Carp would say: Carpe Diem.

12 Likes

Wow, good for Jasper!

1 Like

This is probably my favorite piece out of the ones I’ve done.

It was heavily inspired by a similar piece done by another artist from the Booru, I think it was by someone called Monmon and featured a fluffy named Rico.

13 Likes

In this case that life may be very fleeting indeed.

3 Likes

All Life is fleeting in the grand scheme of things. Its why Life should be cherished and valued.

6 Likes

Ultimate hugbox. The best any of us can hope for.

5 Likes

Thank you. Your art had really helped draw me into fluffies once the initial fascination wore off.

4 Likes

I love this one too.

4 Likes

“Exigua est vitae pars quam nos vivimus”
Seneca

3 Likes

The worst phase is between the last two stages, where every week some organ/bone breaks down and you have to decide if you want to pay the medical bill for yet another $70 or put it down. And this goes on for months.

1 Like

It’s sad how you have to experience the accelerating time yourself before you really get to believe that life will actually end.

2 Likes

Who’s cutting onions here?

2 Likes

stops cutting and starts cutting fluffies

2 Likes
1 Like

Wait a second…the hooves develop over time?

Its a canon Ive seen Carp adopt - the hooves of foals are soft, but get harder over time

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining. I’m trying to build my own headcanon and I want it to be as precise as possible. Carpdiem’s lifecycle pictures are a great inspiration for the development of different features like the tail and mane. But when I noticed the hooves I looked up some of their other pictures and saw that they also feature foals with hooves and adults without hooves, which means those might be older pictures.

Carp will sometimes play around with the depiction. He ahs drawn foals with hooves before, but his soft hoof foals are usually seen as “cuter”