Christmas PSAs - RQ

Lmao tis the season for suffering lmao :rofl:

2 Likes

Remember people, pets are a life long responsability, not a present.
Except fluffies, but fluffies are not real in our world so same thing.

It’s also so unfair and real how being born “ugly” can complicate someone’s existense so badly…

3 Likes

If only that fluffy had been drawn by artist that gives foals their tails at birth, none of this would have happened.

2 Likes

So true, what in the panel he can’t breathe in, what is he in?

1 Like

The shelter’s “KWIK-AK-FIXY-8R” fluffy asphyxiation chamber! Makes euthanasia a breeze!

1 Like

This is awesome :heart:
Not sure how I missed it

1 Like

As a reminder, there are many people who treat actual pets like this, and up until a few decades ago, it was perfectly legal. Cockfighting is still legal in a couple of states, IIRC.

And let’s not even talk about how livestock is treated, which exceeds the cruelty of all but the most extreme abuse artists.

Or wild animals, hunted for their parts or simply exterminated.

Fluffy abuse merely reflects the truth of humanity–we are the Sixth Extinction, all other life forms must adapt or die.

Agent Smith wasn’t wrong.

4 Likes

Ignore the title of this video. Its the only version if it I can find and stems from the backlash it got from morons who didn’t get what it was trying to say.

4 Likes

Yeah, I saw this on Chadtronic’s channel recently. He said “uh, most pets given as gifts turn out OK, I thought?” No Chad, just no.

1 Like

why would peta have this as a add irl XD

I would operate it for free as a weekend volunteer.

Hell, just buy some dye if it matters that much! Even if you count fluffies as toys, half the fun most kids have with toys is customising them.

Brown and pink looks great together, someone ought to have snapped that critter up. Lots of chocolate varieties have brown and pink colour schemes, if it’s good enough for candy it should be good enough for cuddly things.

Yeah, I agree, Actual pets, dogs, cats, hamsters and others are not presents. And shouldn’t be gifted at all.

Yet again fluffies would make a good stress reliever present so… I’m good with that.

1 Like

Respectfully disagree, but it should be well known you’re both willing & capable of caring for a pet.
After the dog I grew up with passed (was my dads not mine) i was miserable & wanted another dog that summer, come Christmas after i had helped foster a dog for my aunt, my dad walks in Christmas eve and could not keep this dog a secret.
Named him Duke cuz he acted like his ass was nobility. But still remember that first Christmas morning with him, didn’t even open my own gifts,asked my dad to do it for me so i could sit there letting lil Duke sleep on my lap (cuz his ass was up all night yapping and exploring).
Still miss that lil shit, he would side eye my mom when she stopped scratching his back.

1 Like

another RQ classic

If you specifically asked for a pet and proved you would continue to take care of it when the shine wore off, that’s different, and Duke sounds awesome. I got ferrets for my eighteenth birthday because my parents trusted me to look after them and I’d been asking for them since I was eight, and they didn’t hand me pets in a box, they took me to the shelter and let me pick them for myself. In those circumstances, pets as gifts are okay, but no one should ever give SURPRISE pets.

Yeah surprise pets for folks who have given no inclination that they will care for it always ends badly.