Creators, What is Your Favorite Piece of Yours that Others Don't Like as Much? (OtherCoraline)

Hobestly this is one of my absolute favorites, for all the reasons you describe. Their situation is so tragically solvable, they’re just NOT fucking equipped for even the most basic problem solving.

The hardest and softest trees are equally difficult to chop when you haven’t got an axe.

2 Likes

Oh, probably because it happened during your leave after the whole Hellgremlin Rosetta comic complaint.

A lot of shit happened when this comic was finished, including the banning of Gayroomate.

2 Likes

PS1 PIG

2 Likes

00e8oy1ibhj61

This was one of those pieces I did not feel the need to repost to FC after my ban from Reddit. It was well received at the time of upload and all, but over time I realize the effort would have been better spent on something else.

Why do I feel this way, yet post it as an unsung work of mine? Well, that’s due to the one in question not even acknowledging it. This was soon before her self-destruction, when she was being bombarded by the Reddit hate mob and having her videos falsely struck from YouTube. I made this as a token of solidarity.

However, I should have realized that when I outed myself as an advocate for freedom expression and expressly disagreed with her desire to curate discourse on the subreddit, I would have been among the number that she would have preferred to not to be involved in her ideal community.

LegitimateCircularHornshark-max-1mb

3 Likes

Same here. Check out my Inn Between Worlds stories.

I’ve also done some cameos from other headcanons. Including yours. Your avatar, the turbine-head dude, has gotten a couple of mentions in my stories. Nothing major, just a quick cameo.

4 Likes

Easy peasy. This one:

I made it after the unexpected success of Bagged Goods. I was trying to figure out the most economical way of getting lots of likes. It seemed I had cracked the code: make a one-off (requires minimal reader investment) that tells a clear story (high impact & easy to remember) - then add quite a lot of text (cheap content + clarity bump + added layer of humor/drama/cruelty/etc.).

I had tried this formula out with incrementally better success over a few posts. With this post I added much more rendering. A three point perspective. Clean line work and cross hatching. Sensible light treatment. Humans and fluffies drawn in perspective. Fades/gradients for visual interest.

The thing bombed completely compared not only to the previous post, but to all other posts I had made to date.

My takeaway was that render matters much, much less than subject matter, and that fluffy sex and human commercialization of it was not a popular topic.

After this picture I felt smart and like I had cracked some kind of code. I decided that this is a hobby for me, so I should spend my time working only on whatI enjoy and not chase impact.

Since what I love the most is to make comics that is what I have focused on since then, with one offs only when I happen to feel like making one.

4 Likes

I think “Aquafluff Seaventure” and my “Fluffy-Plant” posts. I did a lot of thinking/researching to make them as plausible as possible, but I think they tanked due to “tl:dr” issues.

2 Likes

I love how you just analytically broke down a fluffy comic like an accountant would a quarterly report :joy:

I still feel bad about stealing your baggie. My excuse (lame one) was I thought you were no longer active in the booru at the time. I should’ve at the very least reached out and given you a few days to respond to confirm you weren’t active on the site. What I really should’ve done is just git gud and draw my own dam baggie :sweat:

3 Likes

PS1 PIG

1 Like

aww thanks :'3 still will try to be more careful tho xD

2 Likes

You have nothing to apologize for. Your comic was perfect. But comments gonna comments I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I think it would be this image…

I recently posted it, in my mind I had the idea: fluffies fuck anything when they are horny including their babies, a leader who is able to slow down a bit and consider his actions is fucking superior. However, fluffies do not think much and are carried away by their emotions, so taking out their fever against fluffies outside their litter is a slight improvement.

I understand the comments focusing on the horrendousness of the situation, it is natural and I expected it, but practically nobody noticed what I wanted to imply. I am not bothered by comments that disagree with me, I like that they make me think about the logic behind each image. But in this case I think I just showed something disgusting … at least it was funny, the “enffie babbehs” make me laugh a lot.

3 Likes

I like what you do. I want to see more of it.

5 Likes

a fucked up logic very often blind people to the fact, that it’s still logic

2 Likes

I remember watching a documentary about serial killers and a profiler was saying an important thing to remember is everyone acts logically. When someone (a psycho) acts ‘illogically’, that simply means they are working off of some different (I.e wrong or faulty) premises. Discover what those fundamental tenets are and you’ll be able to understand the killers pattern.

5 Likes

My community wide tales. No they are not on the website I left them on reddit primarily because tho my stories usually get very few clicks this one got barely any. I think it might’ve failed because people come here to see fluffies suffer or receive the sought after huggies and love, not tales of the void

1 Like

probably my experiments with a new style which aren’t getting the love my older pieces get

2 Likes

Some of my stuff gets an immediate response.
While others sink with out a trace, a bit disheartening to be honest.

2 Likes

I was originally really hard on myself when my story didn’t get much attention or feedback. Took a while for me to realize that most text post stories (excluding a handful of popular established authors) don’t get as much interaction or views as the art, which is understandable. Most drawings and comics are able to be consumed in a matter of a minute or two as opposed to a 6-15 page chapter.

It also took some time to remember that while I hope people read and enjoy my stories that I do it mostly for myself. My stories are a form of therapeutic writing and as long as it accomplishes what I want it to I’m happy, regardless if others don’t like it as much.

2 Likes

I think it will be “Little Know it All”