Fidget Toy (By: PeppermintParchment)

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I really wanted to play with the idea of fluffies-as-toys here, because I tend to lean more towards the idea that fluffies are more akin to animals than toys. That’s a huge part of the appeal for fluffies for me, they walk a fine line between a living being and a high-tech toy.
Trisha never refers to Fidget Toy by name, nor does she ever refer to him by any pronoun except “it”. She does not entertain the idea of Fidget Toy being alive or having any sort of autonomy. He’s simply a possession to her, a toy that serves its function.

4 Likes

@anon76434124 Thank you very much! Oddly enough, Trisha’s parents didn’t seem to have any problems with medication when it was used to help get rid of their daughter’s scars! I’m very pleased that my writing inspired you, and that you keep coming back to re-read. Hopefully I can put out something else you’ll enjoy soon, as well.

@Malkavian Thank you! At the beginning of this story, Fidget Toy was actually a full sized pegasus named Terracotta, I even had a separate cover art for this story. I decided to scrap Terracotta and replaced her with a microfluffy named Fidget Toy. I’m glad you enjoyed the story.

@Ariaschama Yes indeed! I greatly enjoy writing about people who are hurting in some way turning their hurt onto fluffies. They are creatures that cannot fight back, and I think that makes them good mirrors for the harm that humans inflict upon ourselves and each other.

9 Likes

It’s always a pleasure to read your comments under my stuff, haha. It’s a ton of fun to constantly bounce between two or more points of views in a story, especially when the characters are as opposite from each other as Fidget Toy and Trisha are. I have to be “heavy” in my other writings outside of FC, so it’s good for me to be able to turn that off and see the world through the trusting, naive eyes of a fluffy pony.
I’m very happy you enjoyed it, and thank you for the wonderful praise, it really keeps my motivation to keep creating up. I’m not as good at comics as I am writing, but maybe one day I’ll be as good as you, haha. I still rank Star as one of my favorite fluffy works ever :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For being a mentally ill child with shitty parents who found solace in fucking up what she assumed was just a toy?
That’s a pretty disgusting thing to say, honestly.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I always wanted to be on the Featured page, and now I finally am :smiley: I didn’t think this would be the work that got me there, but I am extremely happy that it did! Thank you again, and for your nice compliments, it means so much.

6 Likes

I disagree. She’s a mentally ill third-grader. No child deserves to be bullied for something they can’t help.

Her parents, on the other hand? They deserve to be chewed out.

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Nah it’s the blaming her victim for continuing to live with the consequences of what she did to it and having no empathy. Toy or not normal children don’t harm without remorse or accountability.

She’s like 8-9 years old. They don’t think about the big picture.

And besides, no child deserves to have what you suggested be done to them. That’s flat-out cruelty.

While this case is obviously fictional, you imply that you’d be fine with a real child being abused for having untreated mental health issues if they liked to burn ants with a magnifying glass or even just torturing sims.

4 Likes

While that’s true, she still doesn’t deserve to be bullied. That would only make her problems worse anyway.

EDIT: And if anyone deserves to be bullied in this story, it’s Angela. Angela is a bully herself, after all.

4 Likes

Doesn’t need to be big picture just “I hurt my toy. My toy being hurt is my fault. I should try to help my toy feel better”

Also what I suggested is the gold standard for mental health treatment.

Involuntarily commiting a young child and putting them into a borderline vegetative state? That’s pure evil.

If that’s the “gold standard”, I assume the categories under that include lobotomies and other sorts of abhorrent acts of torture.

A real child with issues like Trisha’s would only need to be prescribed a small daily dose of medication and weekly therapy sessions.

4 Likes

The ice pick is illegal they use antidepressants now

And being prescribed antidepressants doesn’t involve being involuntarily commited and pumped with a multitude of other, completely unnecessary drugs.

Also, lobotomies were a bullshit “treatment” for all sorts of things, including simply having a personality that your abusive parent(s) didn’t like. Rosemary Kennedy was a sad example of the latter.

3 Likes

Same effect though.

Agreed. Now realize the same is true of many practices still in effect.

No, it’s not the same effect at all.

Why are you so keen on advocating for abusive treatment towards the mentally ill?

Unless someone is a definite danger to society, they should not be involuntarily committed.
A little girl who mistreats her toys isn’t a danger to society at all.

4 Likes

The term usually used is a danger to SELF or others. Considering she just got rid of the only “treatment” to hand I expect a relapse

As for advocacy I’m not a fan just listing a karmically satisfying end that’s likely to cross paths with this character

I wasn’t talking about the term usually used or what is currently done. I was talking about what should be done.
I don’t agree with people being involuntarily committed for harming themselves. The only thing that does is traumatize them and make the ones who want to die want to die even more.
Plus, they also get slapped with bills they can’t pay for “treatment” that was forced on them, which also makes suicidal people want to die more.

Disproportionate retribution aside, why would it be likely? Unless Pep’s universe in this story is bleakbox including humans as well as fluffies, I seriously doubt that would happen.

3 Likes

Her therapist might be able to withhold reports of self harm to protect her but considering she was instantly sent home the other child likely made an issue of it. An issue that if escalated to the police will result in a report.

But the other child didn’t see her harming herself; she saw the scabbed up fluffy.

Given fluffies in this story’s setting are seen as toys, there’d be no cause for police to look into.

And also, Trisha was officially diagnosed with Trichotillomania. That would be taken into account if there somehow was an investigation.
Trichotillomania sufferers thankfully aren’t involuntarily committed for their disorder or the injuries resulting from it.

3 Likes