Filling the Space Pt. 21 [By MuffinMantis]

Yeah exactly. In that kind of stories, programming is literally applied.

1 Like

Are you aware that said clones had a literal chip implanted in their brain to make sure they’d follow the orders (especially the infamous order 66) regardless of their personal quirks and ideologies?

Most stories about fluffies don’t have such things.

Just saying, eh.

1 Like

No but they came original from one template,
and true being on a natural birth cycle now and most likely inbreeding then the geenpool would be relatively thin they started to diverge. Maybe if you let a herd of feral out in the wild for many generations they could break the template and programing but than the inbreeding would become way worse

Suit yourself, you call that programming, I call it animal instinct and we all go our way to the prom.

1 Like

Yes and the inhibitor ship musted be activated

Okay let’s agree to disagree that is way more civil.

Genetic memory is way too murky of a puddle for me to begin to speculate on it. The electronic-chip method always seemed like a more realistic method for actually programming fluffies to me, but it doesn’t really work in every story. Regardless, I think that every writer has the right to write (no pun intended) the less-defined aspects of fluffies how they see fit, although obviously stuff like making them into miniature dragons with gemstones for eyes or something like that falls outside what I personally would view as a real fluffy.

2 Likes

Let’s be real creating a complete artificial species is at this point way beyond human capabilities so why should genetic programming be of if the Docs at hasbio could create live

Or if you want to get into Resident Evil-level shenanigans, maybe the fluffies are programmed with a parasite that works as an organic control chip and implants itself as the foal develops in the womb. Honestly, it’s fantasy, so anything goes. Call it magic if you want, I don’t have any complaints.

Shit, now I want to write a story where fluffy-control parasites jump the species gap to humans and you have a bunch of people shambling around looking for sketties an’ huggies. Like zombies, but way less dangerous and much more annoying.

3 Likes

But that idea is really cool never thought about that thanks and this talk was not meant as a crittic on your work I really like the story even if I find it personally unfair how you describe Abusers.

1 Like

Perils of writing from a character’s perspective. Personally, I don’t mind abuse stories or anything (I’ve even written a few), but given that it’s written (mostly) from Sam’s perspective, her views of abusers is going to be the main narrative in this particular story.

As a matter of fact, abuse stories were what brought me to the fandom to begin with. Well, that and sadbox, nothing like a gut-wrenching tale of hopelessness to wash down your story of a smarty having its nuts nailed to a fence.

2 Likes

Naturally that makes sense with all she has witnessed. But sometimes I think people don’t give the human mind enough credit when it comes to keeping its on emotions under control. My grade grandfather served in WW2 on the Eastern front and was one of the last that came out of Stalingrad, had to do horrible things and after many years of fighting and losing comrades a lot of hatred against the Russians like they had for Germans but after the end of the war nothing no outbursts or anything live went on so I think that many a fluffy abuser could do this and be in his normal live the nicest person there ever was

Yeah, a lot of it is probably her PTSD talking. Do note that she’s willing to spend time with Mikhael, who is himself an ex-abuser, so she’s not one of the hugbox-radical types, she’s just had really, really bad experiences and can’t move on. She even understands why abusers enjoy it so much, and she enjoyed it herself with a bit of chemical assistance, but that doesn’t mean it’ll ever sit right with her.

2 Likes

What do you mean by “fundamental”? Since when are these “fundamental[s]” existed?

And what do you mean by “from the beginning”?

What “standards”? Who established these “standards”?

1 Like

Its twist and turn no matter what Sam do…I almost feel if they want babbehs cause sunbeam wanted too and cant even understand the problem Sam is having…fine ! Let them go, clear out and dont come back! Come back and and they get spayed and castrated.

1 Like

Is there a lore bible from the IP holder? No? I’m not too worried about it.

There’s a bunch of conventions for fluffies, some contradictory or mutually exclusive so I appreciate the ability to pick and choose based on the needs of the creation. A story, a piece of art, whatever. And from what I’ve gleaned over the past few months there’s trends, debateably eras of how fluffies were or behaved. So time makes them change and evolve.

Can we enjoy the story? Or would making out in the comments be better? :wink:

We needed a few more Slice of Life chapters with the fluffies to develop this more, in-between the chapters with literally no fluffies in them. This is coming out of absolutely nowhere, when a side story showing them formulating this would make this sudden development much more interesting.

You mentioned the foals being told stories about the old herd, SHOW US that, so their dumb logic of “make new herd” can make some sense.