Fluffies and anime are the same change my mind By ArisenLeaf

Fluffys truly are a mastery of all art forms.

8 Likes

Don’t tell me what not to eat

6 Likes

Now I’m oddly curious of a fluffy version of Omni-man/Invincible. I would imagine that they would actually cause mortal harm to a human.

4 Likes

You might have given me an idea

4 Likes

Oh no, I’m late for Anime School!

~runs off with a DVD in his mouth~

5 Likes

If you want superhero fluffies, you should read my stories, because there’s tons. [/shamelessplug]

5 Likes

Thinking more of the personalities, if I were to compare the abuse content we’d have to bring up Guro.

4 Likes

I FUCKING WHEEZED OUT LOUD

5 Likes

I know thats supposed to be Invincible, but Freddy from Chromartie High School is all I see.

3 Likes

And I hate both of them. Man they really are the same.

2 Likes

Fluffy super heroes don’t work because fluffies are helpless and the superhero genre is a power fantasy. They’re diametrically opposed in tone and theme because humans are, essentially, superheroes (or more often super villians) to fluffies. A normal person can feed them, house them and make their lives enjoyable, or can dominate them, destroy them, and keep them suffering indefinitely. Super powered humans wouldn’t have any trouble with even thousands of fluffies in either direction.

Fluffies don’t even have enough power to regulate what goes into or what comes out of them, let alone have agency over their lives. Without such power, fluffies are unable to affect the world on an individual level, which is the capacity needed for superhero stories. Fluffy stories don’t have world spanning scopes because the individual accomplishments of the fluffy or persons related to the story are so very small.

The reason industrial abuse is such a thing in this community is that the biggest impact possible comes only at the sheer volume of cruelty and indifference to such suffering. That quantity of maliciousness shows just how cruel we can be. Introducing super heroes into that does nothing for it. What’s The Fluffy Lantern going to do? Free all the pillowed fluffies? Beat up the foreman and wreck the factory? For what? There’s no gain at scale for fluffies, which is the point of the fluffy genre. Individuals might prosper and succeed, but as a species, they’re hopeless. They’re hopeless, and it’s terrible for them, forever.

It’s terrible and that’s what matters.

2 Likes

I think fluffy superheroes work well, because despite having superhuman powers, they’re still just fluffies. Faster than a speeding bullet but clumsier than a toddler. Strong like superman but afraid of Lex Luthor putting on a scary face. Powerful enough to move planets yet too dumb to think its way out of a cardboard box, and so on.

Enlisting the help of a fluffy superhero would be like releasing a runaway train at a problem - hoping against hope that it gets the job done before causing too much collateral damage and/or destroying itself in the process.

4 Likes

lmao
tenor

3 Likes

I kind of dispute your argument, but I get where you’re coming from.

There’s actually a plot point of Chapter 3 of Aww Staw Supah Fwuff, which I wrote as a tribute to the artist KMEB as it was based off his concept.

I feel this way of thinking was what doomed the booru, and at times, the fandom. The idea that “its terrible, and thats what matters”, “as long as its horrible” and “BFYTW”. I think the fiction can strive to be a lot more then that. Yes, I do agree that industrial sadbox/abuse is important to understanding fluffies. But I defy this idea that fluffies, collectively, are hopeless and its “forever” terrible for them.

I think the genre can aspire to be more than just that.

2 Likes

Yes and no.

Its the power to alter the world, or survive situations. To have importance.

But often superheroes, especially in Marvel, are very powerless in their civilian lives. They find momentary happiness but are often slaves to the constant misery they fight, make frequent sacrifices to continue to try and improve the world, are not given time to stop and actually live, or find that any sense of peace and happiness is just the setup for a splash page and a story arc.

When you crunch the timeframe things are happening at, you realize things like Peter Parker not having eaten or slept in days while tracking a superpowered serial killer after a fight with MJ and having to deal with Wolverine and Punisher suddenly showing up and having a battle in the middle of the street where Aunt May is on a date with Vulture.

A superfluff can defeat a villain, but they still have to be a Fluffy again and worry about friend and family Fluffs in a world full of insanity.

humans are, essentially, superheroes (or more often super villians) to fluffies.

Plus you have the edgy magic OCs, mad scientists, and meta-aware characters who are like the Kirby cosmic stuff.

The reason industrial abuse is such a thing in this community is that the biggest impact possible comes only at the sheer volume of cruelty and indifference to such suffering. That quantity of maliciousness shows just how cruel we can be. Introducing super heroes into that does nothing for it. What’s The Fluffy Lantern going to do? Free all the pillowed fluffies? Beat up the foreman and wreck the factory? For what? There’s no gain at scale for fluffies, which is the point of the fluffy genre. Individuals might prosper and succeed, but as a species, they’re hopeless. They’re hopeless, and it’s terrible for them, forever.

That’s literally just Genosha.

3 Likes

Is that from X-men? which one?

Is it Possibl that you like Omni Mann? Because i do.

Now I want to see a Yandere GF Anthro-fluffy…:smirk:

This is pretty accurate

20220406_100113
ILL FUCKIN- SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP