Fluffies and anime are the same change my mind By ArisenLeaf

lmao
tenor

3 Likes

I kind of dispute your argument, but I get where you’re coming from.

There’s actually a plot point of Chapter 3 of Aww Staw Supah Fwuff, which I wrote as a tribute to the artist KMEB as it was based off his concept.

I feel this way of thinking was what doomed the booru, and at times, the fandom. The idea that “its terrible, and thats what matters”, “as long as its horrible” and “BFYTW”. I think the fiction can strive to be a lot more then that. Yes, I do agree that industrial sadbox/abuse is important to understanding fluffies. But I defy this idea that fluffies, collectively, are hopeless and its “forever” terrible for them.

I think the genre can aspire to be more than just that.

2 Likes

Yes and no.

Its the power to alter the world, or survive situations. To have importance.

But often superheroes, especially in Marvel, are very powerless in their civilian lives. They find momentary happiness but are often slaves to the constant misery they fight, make frequent sacrifices to continue to try and improve the world, are not given time to stop and actually live, or find that any sense of peace and happiness is just the setup for a splash page and a story arc.

When you crunch the timeframe things are happening at, you realize things like Peter Parker not having eaten or slept in days while tracking a superpowered serial killer after a fight with MJ and having to deal with Wolverine and Punisher suddenly showing up and having a battle in the middle of the street where Aunt May is on a date with Vulture.

A superfluff can defeat a villain, but they still have to be a Fluffy again and worry about friend and family Fluffs in a world full of insanity.

humans are, essentially, superheroes (or more often super villians) to fluffies.

Plus you have the edgy magic OCs, mad scientists, and meta-aware characters who are like the Kirby cosmic stuff.

The reason industrial abuse is such a thing in this community is that the biggest impact possible comes only at the sheer volume of cruelty and indifference to such suffering. That quantity of maliciousness shows just how cruel we can be. Introducing super heroes into that does nothing for it. What’s The Fluffy Lantern going to do? Free all the pillowed fluffies? Beat up the foreman and wreck the factory? For what? There’s no gain at scale for fluffies, which is the point of the fluffy genre. Individuals might prosper and succeed, but as a species, they’re hopeless. They’re hopeless, and it’s terrible for them, forever.

That’s literally just Genosha.

3 Likes

Is that from X-men? which one?

Is it Possibl that you like Omni Mann? Because i do.

Now I want to see a Yandere GF Anthro-fluffy…:smirk:

This is pretty accurate

20220406_100113
ILL FUCKIN- SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP