Fluffies and Spaghetti.

If that’s what you like.
Remember that the ultimate decider on how it works in your medium is you.

4 Likes

I mean a lot of the sketties I’ve read about and seen had some kind of mincemeat sauce or meatballs. I don’t know about the psychological bit, whether they recognize that the mincemeat/meatballs is from an actual animal or not. A few of them were even sketties from “foal for sketties” machine and the foals were chopped up for the sauce and the fluffies unknowingly ate their dead foals/bwuddas/sissies.

I guess it depends on head-canon.

2 Likes

It is common to portray fluffies as able to eat meat. They eat garbage a lot. And fluffies eating their babies during starvation is a common trope.

6 Likes

Hm. I imagine fluffies as omnivores, so yes, meat would definetely be on their menu, especially in the wild.

However, I’d expect that if such matter were to be brought to their attention, they’d express some discomfort at the idea of hurting something else, with reactions ranging from the more callous ferals feeling a mere twinge of regret, to a pampered domestic asking their owner not to give more hurties to moo/oink-friends, preferring the blander kibble to tastier meat-based food.

Example (and shameless plugin of my first story):

A mixture of sadness and joy washed over the foal. Sure, he and his family needed the nummies, sure the creature was a monster… But he had just killed another living being, and hated himself for that. Lowering his head, he softly sobbed to himself.

"Huu huu… fwuffy nu wan’ gib owwies an’ foweba sweepies… fwuffies am fo’ huggies an’ wub!”

In short, I reckon they would eat meat especially in the wild but would feel bad if they thought about it hard.

2 Likes

I’ve always treated the subject of fluffies as being Opportunistic Omnivores
Sure they’re not going to be able to kill and eat nearly anything living.
But if it’s already dead, I could see a fluffy eating meat, bugs, et cetera. With potentially hilarious results.

5 Likes

Yeah, they can usually eat meat. In interociter’s stories they had some digestive problems with it, mostly gas, but that never made sense to me.

Fluffies aren’t horses. They’re a mishmash of innumerable different genes, that allow a small mammal to grow hooves and horns and wings and thick fluff and speak something that can arguably pass as english. Yes, they can usually digest grass, but Ive also seen them show a preference for human food or kibble. Why bother with trash if they can eat grass just as easily? Also, they can vomit, while real horses cannot. So their digestive tracts have definitely been modified, but to what degree and exactly what kind of diets that allows are up to you.

4 Likes

Hrm. I feel like they might not eat it if they knew it was meat. They’d have to be straight up told, though. Fluffies seem to largely be weird and stupid. You could probably tell one that ground beef in a rich meat sauce were flavour crystals and they’d buy it. How they process it would be a different matter altogether.

1 Like

You mean something like this?

4 Likes

Opportunistic omnivores is how I see them.

I tend to think Fluffies generally don’t have the intelligence to connect living things and forever sleepies with meat unless they’re witness to the whole process, personally. If it happens in front of them, or they’re trapped with no other option and have to eat something they know was alive like them (especially if it was another fluffy), which usually has a bit of existential horror involved or reluctance or guilt… but I also think they’d kind of move on pretty quickly as they have their tummies filled.

I do like to think the ‘sketties’ they’re programmed to eat are a specific thing that’s made by Hbio and other similar competitors and actually has (commonly fluffy) meat in it, with the noodles being a specially formulated kibble type thing anyway as opposed to human sketties. But I kinda think they’ll feel an urge to eat just about anything that is sketti-like, like string or even entrails.

Kinda pairs in with ideas like the turn in a foal/dead fluff for sketties machines/chutes you sometimes see, too. I like those.

3 Likes

Domestic fluffs may not know grass is edible, grass in urban areas is often covered in pesticides ( perhaps even fluffspecific ones ), &, well, belongs to others, it is not energy efficient for some fluffs, & / or it can give them constipation, which, along with the usual tribulations, means they cannot sowwy-poopie.
Er, in a lot of headcanons, that is.

One can imagine a fluff befriending a bowl of pasta. Perhaps getting the various subtleties of excitement confused, & special-befriending it.
A true tragedy for the ages.

My thinking has always been that fluffies are technically omnivores but their digestive system is far more suited for eating plants. So while they can eat meat and survive off it, they can’t process it very well and that is actually one of the main things that give them the diarrhea fluffies are o so well known for. This is why fluffies with good owners who give them a balanced diet or fluffies survivng in nature are more often described as having more regular, less offensive bowel movements. Conversely, street fluffies or fluffies with owners that constantly give them spaghetti, have the liquid shits.

1 Like

If it doesn’t look like a living thing and they don’t know it used to be a living thing, a fluffy would probably eat it. So meat balls and meat sauce would be fine; even if you told the fluffy “this is meat from a pig”, it would be like “but nu wooks wike piggy?” and you have to explain the whole meatball-creating process for the fluffy to go “but dat’s howwibew! Nu wan piggy meaties nu mowe!”

Kinda like how some kids love eating hot dogs/chicken nuggets until they watch a show on how said foods are made. I can imagine a fluffy accidentally seeing a show about meatballs and then suddenly crying when you give it spaghetti.

2 Likes

Somethings are best left not known
Ignorance is bliss after all.

1 Like

I think it would be a lot like how it is with kids. You’d have to be specific about the connection between meat = ‘friendly big animal I learned about’, and without the context of having a positive connection between itself and the animal or otherwise thinking the animal is cool/understanding that the process of getting the meat involves the animal being dead, it might not care still.

So in fluffy terms, it would probably have an objection to meat if you took it to a farm to meet a big friendly cow before telling it, and you’d have a traumatized vegetarian fluffy if you had it witness a slaughtering/the whole process from animal to plate. Otherwise standard fluffy education doesn’t seem to include animal identification, so they have zero context and don’t really care.

I’ve always viewed Fluffies as omnivores, able to eat many of the same foods humans enjoy, but with some exceptions due to their canine and feline DNA and their bizarrely engineered digestive system ( the thing that allows them to shit so much).

2 Likes

And I don’t think Fluffies are smart enough to identify meat with animals–they seem to be okay with eating Fluffy kibble made of foal meat lol. I don’t think they’d understand how a giant cow could be turned into a meatball, and if they are ferals, they will not care since they’d be lucky to find something as nice as beef lying around.

fluffies eat each other often? why wouldnt they eat meat?
ofc it always depends on canon.
do what you want for your canon, everyone is gonna have different answers about these topics

Precisely. Delivery through song optional, but far more entertaining.

1 Like

While I can’t cite the exact stories, I know I have read about fluffies eating sketties and meat balls. Also they sometimes willingly become cannibals. I have seen fluffy stories where mothers ate the poopie babbeh to make milkies for the bestest babbeh.

1 Like