Fluffy aging/stages of life/reproduction/life expectancy?

Just a general set of questions. I can guess it depends on everyones individual headcanon. But curious is there is a consensus.
Question 1: how quickly do fluffies age?
Question 2: what are the stages of life? Example of baby, child, teen, adult.
Question 3: how quickly can fluffies reproduce? I assume they breed like rabbits with a short gestation time.
Question 4: life expectancy? I guess this could also tie into question 1 or 2. But with how short most fluffies last in the wild or in the home I wonder if there is a kind of firm number how long they can live.

Thanks everyone for the help. I will use this information to just help myself and others if they wonder the same thing.

2 Likes
  1. Fluffies are at full capacity for learning, thinking, and physical prowess at 3 years old.
  2. Chirpy, talkie, colt/filly, mare/stallion.
  3. Full sexual maturity at 4 months, which is way, way, to soon to be having babies. Reproducing at that age reduces lifespan and quality of life for mares and babies.
  4. 12 years for domestics, 8 for ferals. Micros max out at 8.
3 Likes

Thanks for the help. Just one tiny thing. How long does it take for a fluffy to become pregnant to then have babies?

2 Likes

Mares are usually fertile year round, so they can start reproducing as soon as they’re sexually mature. Gestation is 4-8 weeks, depending on who you ask. I say 6. Mares instinctively know they’re pregnant at week 2.

2 Likes

Are you looking for “the canon” answer? Because so far as I know there isn’t one. Or rather, isn’t just one.

I like to use this by @KerosineCannibal : Info sheet (KerosineCannibal)

Not because it’s the best or was recommended or whatever, but because I liked it. I know @anon68543914 has some really detailed Word document on the topic, bit I don’t know if that’s their head-canon bible currently or not.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that info sheet too but forgot who posted it. Thanks for linking it. That’s what made me want to ask this question.

1 Like

Fluffies can fuck until they dead as a duck that’s what I’m saying for real

From what i’ve seen and my headcannon fluffies age faster than cats or dogs. From insemination to sexual maturity isn’t even a full year so i’d say up to twice as fast as cats or dogs.

As others have mentioned the four stages are:

• chirpie(eyes shut, unable to speak or walk)
    [about the size of a golf ball at most, very basic instinctual behaviour INCREDIBLY fragile however their body is at its strongest and can heal best at this age]

• walkie/talkie/splorin babeh (eyes are open, usually fully capable of fluffy speech tho in my head it takes a week or two, able to walk and run which means they spent most of their time exploring their surroundings [no larger than a salt shaker. Not as sturdy as teens but not as able to recover as newborns]

*foal colt/filly (fluffies are nearly completely grown. Most of their personality is already ingrained and their brain has made the biggest development. Apart from the full growth of adulthood this is as smart as they’ll get. These fluffies are sexually mature and may even begin engaging in such behaviour however pregnancies on mares that are nor at least a few years old usually turns out poorly) [about the size of a kitten or puppy, breed traits come in, wing and horns. At this age fluffies should be completely weaned and able to eat slightly soggy kibble]

*Adult Stallion/Mare (final development stage of the fluffies bar variations they will cease to grow at this point. However their mental development is in full swing at this point. While their early age and foalhood began to shape them as individuals, their first two or three years of adulthood are the most crucial to raising a well behaved fluffy though this applies more to bitch mare syndrome rather than going smarty out of nowhere [no bigger than an average cat, should easily fit in a cereal box. Fluffies are now at their strongest, their bones are hardening and their muscles only need to grow in mass rather than volume as in during development]

bit of a mouthful but I hope this helps. This isn’t as much my own cannon as it is what i’ve observed in many comics and stories

3 Likes

sounds close to what i go for my headcanon, only dif being the sexual maturity taking longer (around 1 to a year and a half in my headcanon)

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed analysis. So am I to assume talking/walking babies still are primarily drinking milk at this age?

1 Like

Yup from the second they are born to the mid end of the teenage period they can pretty much only drink milk. Even soft foods may be painful for the weak, fragile teeth of the fluffy who have yet to fully fuse to the jaw.

It has been depicted at least once that they are physically capable of chewing grass despite their teeth not being fully grown, however foals will pretty much never due that due to the taste and being used to milk or formula

I made this a while back on my headcanon.

2 Likes

These are the numbers from when I started on Fluffy Breeder:

Lifespan 7-12 years
Gestation: 18-23 days
4-5 weeks to fully wean a foal
Can breed starting between weeks 36-47

Don’t have any notes ATM on age categories, as I was in the middle of reworking those when I stopped focus on the project.

In general I used data for cat ages as a guide, since they are about the same size in general.

2 Likes

My headcanon:

Gestation: 24 days
Chirpy: 0 - 8 days +/- 2 days
Babbeh: 8 days - 28 days +/- 5 days
Weanling: 1 month - 2 months +/- 1 week
Colt/Filly: 2 months - 6 months +/- 1 month
Adult: 6 months +

Average life expectancy: 6 years
Longest recorded life duration: 12 years (domestic male fluffy)

2 Likes

Dang those are small babies and foals. You sure you’re not describing micros? I imagine that newborns would be roughly apple sized and foals about grapefruit to cantaloupe sized.
I’m unsure why I’m comparing them to fruit but hey, the comparison works.

1 Like