Fluffy Breeder WDYD 00 (by Booperino)

I feel like that could get them into bad habits and them expecting to keep one. Though, if successful enough on the first run, keeping a valuable fluffy as an investment might be a good choice. That does lead to other expenses of keeping or finding a new stallion to prevent inbreeding.

If all the original stock comes from nice homes the dams might want their foals to go to humans and the foals would also be excited to have human owners. Complements and celebrations on finding them homes may also help with the separation. The key is not to punish the dam for wanting babies, but to direct her attention on having more good babies.

4 Likes

I equip my wizard hat and staff.

3 Likes

Buy a trained Nurse Fluff and a seemingly reliable Toughie Fluff.

4 Likes

I cast Magic Missile on the darkness!

3 Likes

Use Fluffy propaganda to teach her to not be aggressive.

Remind her to always listen to the nurse Fluff. Use posters of good brown things, and Alicorns playing with other Fluffies.

Hell, gaslight her. Tell her that monsters stay away from Alicorns, she has to love them so they protect her.

2 Likes

Get a mare and then a stallion. Teach both fluffies about Fluffenomics and maybe have them learn about to become a seller.

1 Like

College isn’t a choice here bro.

1 Like

Ok, now that I am properly equipped, I can try to think of a real answer.

The way I see it, the biggest hurdle here is start up capitol. In order to breed fluffies that are worth money, we need fluffies that are worth money. Likely more money than we have. So one way or another, we need to get fluffies that we can’t afford.

The simplest way is brute force fluffy aquisition. Catching ferals and religiously checking shelters hoping we get lucky and find some nice ones. This is a total crapshoot with no guarantees.

My idea: We need to devalue the fluffies we want so we can afford them. So, we will go to a Fluffmart, find a tank of alicorns or designer foals or something else good, and we will injure them with a pair of plyers (stealthily, of course). Do it quick, then get away from the pen. Pretend to look around some more to avoid suspicion, then leave. We come back in a day or two and the crippled foals will be in the discount bin. Bad pets, because they are crippled for life, but their babies will still be fancy.

Stonks!

1 Like

Call me crazy but does Fluffymart not have security cameras, they’d find out that the fluffies were suddenly injured the same day you visited, and even if they don’t wouldn’t the very same fluffies remember you. Still is a great idea if pulled out succesfully.

2 Likes

That sounds … concerning. They are alive, and are gonna be old enough to speak and recognize people - if the expensive stock suddenly starts screeching and crying about hurties, well, it’s a good way to get banned from Fluffmart. (And even if we got away with it, if the foal recognizes us and starts crying about bad hurty-daddeh when we try to buy it, we still have a problem.)

Capitol could be an issue, but we’re not running at a loss yet, so starting with some cheaper stuff to find our footing and do a test run should be fine. If we hit desperate times later on, we can re-visit this idea (or rob the place).

2 Likes

Adopt a cat or a dog from an an animal shelter. They need saving more than a genetically created creature that has no rights.

1 Like

Fluffies may not have rights due to some legal BS, but they are CLEARLY living and feeling animals who are just as deserving as cats or dogs.

1 Like

I would never dream of hurting a living REAL creature, but fluffies are “fictional creatures”

Love them all you want but that’s like,believing the stripper actually likes you :joy:

1 Like

oh yeah how dare people find cute tiny pig horses with baby speech cute and not wanting to see them harmed for edgy reasons :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This fandom is two sides of a coin, if I could find more like minded abusers I would bug them, but
I got you babe, i got you babe , I got youuuuuuuu babe!

1 Like

Speed and stealth will be key.

And fluffies are real dumb. Even if they recognize you the next day, one Plate of sketties and all will be forgiven.

The concern I have with starting cheap is, if these are the kind of fluffies you could just get a shelter, why would anyone pay us for one?

1 Like

Well the thing is we’re trying to become a breeder to get some quick cash, and breeding dogs/cats requires a lot of licensing and a ton more preparation/money, so… Yeah we can’t afford that, it’s fluffies or becoming homeless.

1 Like

Given how prolific fluffies are, look for ads from people wanting to give away unwanted foals or pregnant mares of any color. You can avoid the feral roulette this way, and probably get decent starting stock for free anyway. Look for those that are litter-trained. Try to network with other garage breeders and seek a niche. With as many breeders as there are out there, what makes you worth doing business with?

Maybe instead of a full breeding operation, you only maintain a small herd of good-natured and/or good-colored stallions for studding out and keep a few enfie mares on hand for them. If those have colts of good colors, great. Advertise your services for a low price to build your rep. If you can get one fertile alicorn stallion, he’ll be your main moneymaker.

1 Like

Go hunting for ferals. Adoption probably costs money.
Preferably a mummah with foals, a soon-mummah or a pair of speshul fwens.

1 Like