Fluffy House part 1 by Chikahiro

Kyou yawned. It was dark time still, but the brown Uma-Fluffu’s body was telling him it was time to wake up. His bladder at least.

Soft lights along the pen guided him past the fluff-pile to the back and the litter box. It was a bit darker in there, enclosed along three sides and the top. After digging a shallow hole in pine pellet litter the little fluff squat down and relieved himself with a long sigh.

“Awigato,” was whispered with a bow. “T’ank yu wittew box.”

The stallion wandered back to the fluff pile, more awake than he’d like. Soft breathing mixed with dreaming coos and the occasional whimper. Five and three fluffies lay next and on each other, more for comfort than warmth.

There was still time before the the cafe opened. Looking out the window it was still dark, faint moon glow casting upon the buildings outside. Kyou lay down, shimmying next to another fluff, and waited for sleep to return.

Morning sunshine poured in through the fluffy cafe’s windows. The fluffs had been awake for a while now, and Kyou found playing helped keep everyone happy until Daddy Yamakawa came in. When he did come it, the arrival was announced by the ringing of a shiny hanging off the door.

“Daddeh hewe,” Kyou announced, formally. By the time he patted his hoof twice, the other fluffies were grouped together and facing the graying Japanese man.

“Ohayo gozaimasu fluffies,” Mr. Yamakawa said.

“Ohayo gozaimasu!” they replied in chorus.

The door’s bell jingled a second time as two young women entered, bowing politely to Yamakawa and then the fluffies.

“Hanako, Yuki, go get breakfast started,” he said even as the two ladies reached down into the pen, placing small plates around the edges.

“Yes Mr. Yamakawa.”

Each plate was about 12 centimeters in diameter with bright patterns laid atop of a white porcelain coat. The “Fluffu House” logo on the center of them was quickly covered up with a portion of rice, slices of cucumber, carrot, soybeans then finally a small scoop of a kibble cooked in milk, reducing it to a porridge-like consistency.

The brown earthie watched the other fluffies. Most were quite still, but a Blue Roan almost stallion named Kensou was inching forward, salivating.

“Daddeh Yama-ka-wa nebah say fwuffies can num yet,” Kyou said pointedly at Kensou.

“Sowwy,” was meekly offered from the chastised fluff.

Yamakawa sat, watching the clock behind the fluffs. When the seconds hand hit 12 he simply said, “Time to eat.”

The fluffs looked at him, said “itadakimas,” then walked to their meals under his watchful eye. Mai, a pretty Piebald mare, was extra slow when eating her meal. The memory of being put into a sorry box for wolfing her food down too quickly the day before was still in the black-and-white fluff’s mind. It might not have been so bad for her had she not ended up vomiting up her lunch on a customer’s table after eating so excitedly.

As the fluffs ate, Kyou felt his special friend nudge his side with hers. He smiled, looking at the black pegasus, her white mane falling gently over blue eyes. The Silver Dapple ate slowly, crunching the veggies with some relish. A hoof was raised, pointing beside Mr. Yamakawa.

Kyou looked, curious. A bright orange carrier was next to him. It was a somewhat familiar sight as it was what he used to take them to the vet and groomers. But this morning they could see a pair of eyes peering up at them from inside its dark inside.

Yamakawa got up with case as the fluffs finished their breakfasts and “gochisousama-des” was repeated again and again. Hanako and Yuki picked up the plates for washing, making way for their boss to set the carrier into the fluffy pen.

“Has everyone been good, Kyou-chan?”

The brown earthie nodded. “Fwuffies been gud.”

The door rang as Take came in, his hair ruffled, clothes smelling of cigarettes. He grunted a quick “ohayo” at Yamakawa and made his way into the kitchen.

“No wikie buwnie smeww,” came from the carrier.

The other fluffies noticed, turning their heads to see inside.

“Nyu fwen?”

“Nyu fwuffy?”

“Wha’ fwuffy namesie?”

Everything went silent when Mr. Yamakawa cleared his throat. His hand went to the latch, gently unlocking it. As the gate swung open a bright red fluffy came out, its long yellow mane flowing behind.

“Introduce yourself,” Yamakwa said.

The fluffy sat down, very clearly male. It was much larger than the other fluffies; taller, wider, thicker. Blue eyes looked about as his smile grew large.

“Hewwo!” he yelled, waving cheerfully. “Fwuffy namesie am Tewwy!”

“Terry is an American fluffy, and will be joining us starting today.”

Kyou stared at the stallion, feeling a little annoyed at how loud this fluffy was. And bright. His colors were so bright he was a little hard to look at. Watching as Terry ran to the middle of the group, the brown gasped as the newcomer began hugging everyone he could get his legs around.

“Nu fwen? Whu yu? Tewwy wub yu!”

“Wan be Tewwy fwen?”

“Suuuu pwetteh! Tewwy wike pwetteh mawe!”

Had it been Mai or Yuri he might not have cared. But he was hugging and nuzzling Chizuru. And she was blushing as he did so.

“Whu dis dummeh,” Kyou asked aloud.

Part 2 —>

21 Likes

Interesting. So is it that Japanese fluffies are different, or is it that they were raised to be different?

3 Likes

Both. For my head-canon that shouldn’t be taken as canon. I did a big lore in progress dump on @Oculusfluffy and @Booperino a little while ago. Figure it was time to do something with it.

5 Likes

Can you link it? I’m curious.

2 Likes

I can see fluffies being popular in Japan

5 Likes

Ohhhh interesting cafe with fluffies -desu! :blush:

Interesting new story :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

very polite fluffies!

4 Likes

Damned Americans, so loud and disrespectful of other’s ways.

Honestly made me gut chuckle, this should be fun to watch.

3 Likes

Terry is fixed. I have an idea is how he’s there, but it’s not illegally.

1 Like

Looking back: too many intros at once. Especially since they’ve all got horse coloring rather than random RGB colors. I got the idea from @Oculusfluffy’s reposting of Waggytail’s fluffy horse patterns.

2 Likes

I suspect it’s socialization. Fluffies can internalize such things, like they learn language.

Strict upbringing in a culture that’s known for being polite. And having level speak. Fluffies have a distinct place below children. Not sure how they’d rank compared to regular pets. If I knew/remembered my Japanese at all, they’d be using the most formal Japanese they could manage, all upward facing, then using the most humble/depreciating language for themselves.

1 Like