Fluffy Jobs #3: Weeding (by Chikahiro)

Love this so much. :yellow_heart:

I have some similar ideas like this for my story so I’m glad to see someone else giving a detailed look into it.

5 Likes

I literally am that Japanese weirdo.

6 Likes

Loving this series. You can really see the scene from a birdseye view of Fluffies scurrying around a field.

7 Likes

Welcome to the rice fields, motherfucker!

6 Likes

Ha! I see what you did there!

3 Likes

Ya know, I never knew what those things are called. When we used to play DOA2 I. The Dreamcast we kept calling it a rice-picking hat.

I don’t think my ancestors got too mad. Might be wrong.

3 Likes

We usually called it sarong hat especially in the province, there are a lot of name per country but same design n purpose, its just a native hat :blush: i prefer the wider brim ones

5 Likes

Another excellent addition to the series.

Other jobs I might suggest:

Crier: the fluffy stands in front of a shop and tries to bring in customers by chanting slogans, etc. The upside is that fluffies are so cute and charming that you’ll bring in plenty of family-friendly customers. The downside is that malicious assholes can and will literally punt the fluffy to death, and then you’ve got to buy and train a new crier.

Recruiter: the fluffy finds abandoned and feral fluffies and brings them to the orphanage/workhouse/fluffy farm for rehabilitation for adoption/work/more nefarious purposes.

Entertainer: fluffies can of course dance, and can be trained to sing too. One imagines they could be trained to do other tricks. Fluffies exactly identical to the entertainer can be sold as pets. For a darker spin on this, said identical fluffies are rotated in to replace entertainers that get old or injured or cop an attitude; the no longer useful entertainers can be repurposed. That could mean as pets, that could mean as meat and fur.

7 Likes

I’m trying to remember how many Lassies there were or Uga’s (UGA’s mascot).

I think the crier would be a good one for the feeling I’m going for here. Honestly, it’d be a good one to combine with entertainer.

Recruiter? That’s got Smarty Friend (versus smarty needs a stompy friend) written all over it. Ugh… I forget whose story it was… There was a fluffy named Red who supervised a lawn care crew.

Hrm… Smarty Friend Fluffy Jobs…

I think I’ll have to break out of the Japan focus for some of these. Thank you!

3 Likes

I mean, if you want a Japan focus: think fluffy idols (フラフィのアイドル), from major corporate acts to really tiny underground acts surviving on cheki sales.

Edit: for a real horror story, consider also a super underground movement of fluffy gravure idols.

3 Likes

This is super cute. Giving fluffies a sense of purpose is actual hugbox.

Unrelated

Guarantee if you posted this to Reddit you’d get called out as a racist for some reason :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Fluffy crier sounds dope. Keeping it on task and not abducted would be a pain. But if you could keep it focused and safe, be a great (and cheap) alternative to sign dancers.

Could also be a good way to spread PSAs (Fwuffy wan wemind ou git ou sickies vaccinashun!!)

6 Likes

So far the response there has been positive.

4 Likes

Honestly I’m surprised. I guess the overlap between r/fluffycommunity and r/politics is smaller than I thought :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Depending on the vaccine rate, this PSA would either be useless (everyone’s already had their shot) or entirely unwelcome (everyone thinks it’s a conspiracy by gay martians to turn everyone into gelatinous anal sex slaves and/or hot lesbians tempting you from Christ). The latter has severe fluffy death potential.

5 Likes

And really r/politics is best avoided at all costs.

5 Likes

Fluffy-fronted false flag operations!!! Use that cute aggression to turn people against a cause you oppose :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Weeding is definitely something fluffies can help with. Reminds me of a story where a man let ferals eat grass at his yard as long as they left it at specific height and didn’t eat any flowers, and the fluffies were so careful about it they didn’t even touch the grass around dandelions. :blush:

4 Likes

I’m guessing this is based on the ducks that are used for weeding/removing pests rice paddies in some places

3 Likes

If fluffies were real id definitely fence in my gardens and just tell them not to eat too much grass in the same place. It’s a big yard so it’s not like there would be a shortage

3 Likes