Fluffy Names

so that’s how glue eater actually got his name

1 Like

I wouldnt be surprised
@Tia 's name also floated by.

2 Likes

One of my fluffies is named Rambo, and despite what it may look like he is actually named after an apple cultivar.
There are 4000 apple cultivars,so I may look in to that.

3 Likes

I asked for names by all means keep going.

1 Like

i always thought you named him that because he is red like rambo’s bandana
i learned that he is actually blue just a few days ago

2 Likes

Uh, well he has been blue for a while now Rambo Color (AMDk7)

Originally it was like “hur hurr a fluffy named Rambo” but rambo’s ( Rambo apple - Wikipedia are also apple cultivar’s
David Morelli creator\writer of the Rambo character named him after the apples too.

And then i went well what if Rambo the fluffy really really likes apples, because his owner found him with his tails tangled in a bush.
He was half starved and gave him rambo apples to keep him busy\at ease while untangling his tails.

And that’s why I named him Rambo, because of the apples, and why he loves apples.

( also that comment reminds me of FIRRIB FIRRIB - Transformers Wiki …TF nerds)

3 Likes

got it

1 Like

I tend to just name the fluffy the first thing that comes to mind. Is it a human name? A last name? A random word? Some nonsense phrase that isn’t even a word? Doesn’t matter, that’s the name now. It can help to think about who named the fluffy, too - if it was named by a little kid, it’d definitely get one of those kiddy or generic names like “Bloopy”, while if a fluffy named it complex or human-like names like “Kyle” are unlikely.

Examples of one-shot fluffy names I’ve used:
Bubbles, Jommy, Fergusson, Hemley, Minnow, Parfait, Wayme, Beebee, Merol, Wormy

3 Likes

An easy way is to mash two “cutesy” names together.
Candybell, Skyflower, etc.

You can have it as either the owner gave them that name or fluffy programming makes them give their offspring those names.

2 Likes

I actually like those two names.
I need names for 4 foals 3 of which are girls.
You mind if i use those ?

2 Likes

Go ahead, just say you got them from me.
Here’s some more options, just mash them together.
Puff, blossom, sweet/sweetie, pretty, berry, love, dream, rain, hazel, muffin, fuzz, pie, cookie, raspberry, etc.

So you could have Sweetiefuzz, Dreampuff, Prettypie, etc.

2 Likes

I’m fine with that.
I also uploaded a new character with art.
Poor Gluestick is only meant for hurties and abuse.

2 Likes

Perfect for an abuse story fluffy! XD

2 Likes

Well i did name my newest fluffy Gluestick.

2 Likes

Oh, I know one of those! Ranetka, a Russian crabapple cultivar.

The popular all-girl pop-rock band Ranetki was named after them (“ranetki” is the plural of “ranetka”). Outside of Russia, this band is mostly known for their song “O tebye”, which was featured in GTA IV.

1 Like

Ranetka has an interesting ring to it.

2 Likes

puddy dumplins
grumple wumpkins
woozy hoofie
turnup
smucky
sausauge patty
lumpanoodle
munchkin
putzy
stretchy stroodle
fluffystuff
sour patches
snuggy bumpkin
mr scruffles
moopsy doodle
tickle tum-tum
stacky pluckins
Leopold Twinkletoes
Buddy Cuddlins
prince rubbybelly
pippin lepanto
chutney caboodle
Mean Mr. Mahmood
Puddin’ Pop
nightrose
milkypaws
nightfire
dark orchid
nightwing
King Equinidas
fluff daddy
Fantoma
mayor twiddletoes
Percival derpino

3 Likes

i always end up going by Watsonian rules (ie. IN UNIVERSE who gave this fluffy its name?) fluffies named by humans would usually have more interesting/meaningful names (tho i rarely call my pets by their actual names, it’s always “stinky” , “butthole”, “fart baby”, “problem causer”, “nightmare child”, “fat bubby”, “booba”, “fat boy little head”, etc.)

i imagine fluffies named by other fluffies are usually based on their color/what they look like & are limited to things the namer knows about (colors, foods, plants, objects, etc.)

usually i draw a character & then go with my first instinct when i look at their finished appearance, but i live based on Vibes so yea :shrug:

3 Likes

You could do what I do, and name them after weird place names from you corner of the world. I’ve named fluffies things like; Quispamsis, Oromoncto, Exmoor, Poodiac, Kingsclear, and Peel.

3 Likes

Ok, new day - new names :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tay
Ravi
Nobby
Dumbo (because why the hell not lol)
Bailey
Hun
Farley
Umu
Oscar
Pam