Hi Tech Solution to a Low Tech Problem (Fluffus)

can we agree that the blue one struggling to breathe looks nice?

2 Likes

Yeah, that and the foals work. Like the red foal that lands on its head and breaks its neck in the first part, and thus is dead before experiencing the gas in the second. They look interesting to me and they all add to the story.

With the prone adults I was going for a gaseous bloating and distended bodies but it all fell flat and I don’t care for them.

4 Likes

Yes, yes we can.

2 Likes

Roast fluffy with peas actually sounds really good right now.

2 Likes

I really like the art of the aftermath of this mass flufficide. I would be a little sad about those fluffies no longer being fit for human consumption (or indeed anything but incineration), but pest control can indeed be a desperate effort.

1 Like

You hold yourself to very high standards. Surely that’s part of the reason for the quality of your work.

4 Likes

Another excellent piece of fluffy lives ended for pragmatic reasons. This must be some War of the Worlds -style horror for them! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Why does that gas smell familiar? Oh smells like mine… Explains the tube in my colon the other day…

3 Likes

If I were the one operating that drone, I would be blasting Flight of the Valkyries through the speakers at max volume and turn loose the murder gas as dance fluffs gather in the open.

5 Likes

Sounds like someone no-one would pay to operate an extermination drone effectively.

4 Likes

Indeed.

It is in fact quite difficult to operate a remote control with one hand.

5 Likes

One of those tasks will have to be automated, then. Let me suggest that the one we’re not discussing is the easier of the two to automate. You just have to make sure to clean carefully in between gigs.

3 Likes

Ain’t no kill like overkill

4 Likes

Love it! Now you have me thinking about a scenario where a megaherd is dealt with , with an ICBM.

2 Likes

Nukes would be way too messy. Radiation is a real motherfucker. But some practical alternatives exist:

• Powerful conventional explosives such as Daisy Cutters, the MOAB (mother of all bombs), and cluster munitions
  • Biological weapons such as Fluffy COVID
  • Chemical weapons such as napalm or VX gas (not suitable for populated areas)
  • For very high tech timelines, nanomachine agents such as the butcher nanites used in Ask FluffiesAreFood Vol 1 #14

Of course, you could always redomesticate a megaherd to keep as food and fur livestock, but that’s not for every timeline.

3 Likes

Your idea of practical survives only because you qualiied it as “more practical than nukes”. All of this is criminally dangerous to humans, heavily restricted, and forbiddingly cost ineffective.

But they sound exciting!

2 Likes

I’m not so sure that these are dangerous to humans. If the megaherd is away from a populated area, then explosives and napalm should be fine. And the butcher nanites should only work on fluffies if they’re designed right (and if they’re not then it could be absolutely tragic/hilarious).

1 Like

Almost all of what you list was R&D’d to end humans in spite of their best efforts not to get killed. That qualifies as dangerous to humans.

1 Like

@Fluffus does this one
74defec07690c69b0a12b939ed314187956342d0_1
just happening to be looking at the non existent camera or is he being seen in-universe? the others look like terror but i think i see guilt here at getting caught?

It’s not meant to be “looking at the camera “ in the sense of breaking the 4th wall.

More of a nervous, guilty side glance. It’s trying to hold on to that apple, which slows it down has put it at the back of the fleeing herd. At the same time it’s had to make the choice of stopping, to avoid trampling the fallen foals, or to keep running and maybe, against all odds, survive. I made the trampled foal belong to the trampling adult, since the fleeing mare up front is clearly it’s special friend, to bring home the difficulty of the decision. So I guess it was meant to be some sort of complex emotion on its face and in its body language.

Or maybe that fluffy is just Deadpool, I don’t know.