How Should it End? (OtherCoraline)

but should they be?

wait, you punch them insted of grabing and holding until they calm down? cringe

3 Likes

I think they should be tertiary Hivecanon but not core Hivecanon, and not as common as depicted. It should be fairly rare for violence force to occur, it should indicate very poor rearing, and for most of them they should have extreme shame and guilt bordering on Wan Die once the afterglow fades.

True Hellgremlin rapists should be a threat among ferals, the same as any aggressive animal. I’d say Tazzies should be part of their genetic makeup after all. But it should be more animal, just the need to breed, rather than the outright villainy they exhibit.

Many writers have them driven by a need to dominate and orgasm. They usually kill their partners too, and destroy their offspring.

1 Like

like when the desire to breed overcomes the desire to be good?

this is just a writing crutch to divert attention from humans, the real evil of fluffy universe

5 Likes

@OtherCoraline how long is the poll gonna be open? Is there an end date or number?

4 Likes

It’s the conditioning of children/fluffies with a reward system to hurt (mentally and physically) without leaving noticeable marks (no child protective services if there’s no broken bones or visible bruising) that makes you a sociopath.

And here we arrive at the crux of the issue. You’re discussing how to help Lil Champ with @Dhylec with solutions that apply to your headcannon. Which is stupid. Lil Champ is in my headcannon. A headcannon where smarties are mild and extremely rare, and hellgremlins non-existent.

I realize there are no “wrong” headcannons, but imma gonna be straight with you. It’s really annoying how you jump into the comment threads of comics/stories and offer solutions/criticism that require your headcannon to be gospel. Your discussion on how to prevent Daycare Rape is stupid and unnecessary for a headcannon where Daycare Rape doesn’t occur. Your “solutions” for what will rehabilitate Lil Champ rely on how fluffies behave in your headcannon, not mine. And I honestly can’t tell if you are just completely ignorant of my headcannon or are actively disregarding it so you can be “correct” whenever you chime in, because a lot of the things you say are not applicable/would not work in my headcannon.

/rant

6 Likes

Like the poll has any effect on the ending. Did you really think I’d go hugbox because the majority voted that? :wink:

All the poll has done is inform me that 72% of people won’t get the ending they want :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

ooooooooooooooo you devilish unprincipled bastard :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

If you look back the conversation was between me and Dhylec on the viability of alternatives to euthanasia, specifically wheelchairs. Not even necessarily about your character, just in general.

The references to Smarties, rape, and such were an expansion of the conversation to broader topics than just your poll.

I thought it goes without saying that suggesting alternatives, or other ideas, was not an attempt to rewrite your story. I was referencing broader terms.

Like, you think I’m saying daycares shouldn’t be in stories? Or trying to convince you to not write something involving one at some point?
I’m speaking from the perspective of how in-universe characters should make choices for positive outcomes.

Me popping in and talking about breeding better Fluffies, sparing earthtone colors, and asking about how authors treat Cleveland isn’t different from folks popping in to say “I put my stomping boots on” or “Don’t do that, it ruins the meat” or “Can they be reset with a taser?

1 Like

“Come into MY comment section,
disrespect MY headcanon,
call ME CRINGE!!!”
–OtherCoraline, or maybe me making up her quotes i am not sure

4 Likes

So I could get a dies but hugbox/sadbox ending after all?

Owner sees all the problems and struggles Lil Champ has… Physical, mental, and emotional.

“Lil Champ, I don’t know if I did the right thing.”

“Wub Yu daddeh.”

“Do you want to see your mama and brothers and sisters?”

“Gasp! For realsies…?”

“Yep. Let me feed you some special skettis and tell you about skettiland…”

10 Likes

Hm. Interesting experiment in futility.

Someone clever could probably set up an elaborate meta story AR game by fucking with people’s expectations and making them feel the same emotional rollercoaster as characters in the story.

Its beyond my interest and likely ability in doing, but still an idea.

3 Likes

The only one that’s applicable is the middle one.

Annoying when someone spams something like this on every hugbox post they come across, but this is a reaction to the post. If a hellgremlin gets away without karma, it’s an appropriate response. If something triggers your cute aggression, maybe don’t post it under a hugbox picture, but it’s an appropriate response.

It’s fine is someone asks something like “Can they be reset with a taser” because that shows an ignorance of the headcannon and it’s a genuine question. Going in with “tasers fix everything because it’s part of the hivecannon” is as annoying af.

You may have wandered off topic but @Dhylec was obviously referring to Lil Champ in every comment he made. He was keeping the discussion anchored on this headcannon, despite whatever you were doing. Don’t why you thought to bring in Deep Space 9 specific tropes into a discussion about Next Generation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Nah, @Mr_Owl you’re pretty spot on with my tantrum :joy:

3 Likes

Holy eff. Are you always like this? I abanonded the subreddit to get away from people like you.

4 Likes

yes…

4 Likes

Ya know a comments section doesn’t have to stay like 100% on topic, and research on all the nuance and detail of someone’s own body of work plus all the conversations under every comments section isn’t going to be something anyone is gonna bring to almost any comments section, right? Like, look at comments for long series and you’ll see folks going “Nah, that got answered back in part 2” and shit.

Also, bringing up Star Trek discussions as a contrasting example of nerd fights is a bad move. Its like saying “can’t we get along like the Imperial/Imperator class folks?”
Like, people will absolutely 100% fight to the death over Star Trek continuity. Fuck, people will do it over the Pixar Theory and Wes Andersonverse.

1 Like

Did you just take a self-deprecating joke about me saying I’m not good enough to do something elaborate like that and apply it to yourself?

Because, for the record, “someone clever” meant “someone who isn’t me”.

If anything it was a roundabout complement for the troll poll before your preplanned version drops.

2 Likes

There’s no reason a Fluffy with one leg can’t drag itself as well as a kitten with one leg. If it can carry its own weight, it has mobility.

I disagree. It was been stated in pretty much every single cannon that fluffies are weak and frail, a fluffy with a single leg don’t have mobility at all, he is able to drag himself right now because he is a foal, as he reaches adulthood (in a couple of weeks I add) hell be unable to drag himself around in a meaning way, sure he could go from one end of a room to the other in a couple of hours, but that is not helpful at all in any situation. Let’s say he needs to go to the litter box and hers on the far left corner of the room while the litter box is in the far right corner, no fucking way he’ll be able to drag himself to the litterbox in time using his single useless arm.
You are forgetting that fluffies “legs” are stubby little useless things that have almost no muscle behind them.
A kitten with one leg would develop the muscles of that leg to the point it could compensate for the lack of the other three, not only that, all the kitten body structure and near-perfect balance aid it in doing so.
Fluffies are a mess, made only for show, they are designed to be “cute, lovable and huggable” they were done as a product target at kids. They have little stubby legs, big fat bodies (just look at little Champ, he’s already portrayed as a fat foal, the little dude is round!), and a mockery of a tail that doesn’t aid them on balance at all. If the little hits are put on their backs they are unable to roll and get up! Do you think for even a second that if you put a kitten on its back it would be unable to just roll and get up? Little nimble ninja bites you can fight back with its back to the floor! A Fluffy freaks out and starts to cry.
There are all the reasons in the world a one leg fluffy can’t drag itself as well as a kitten with one leg.

The wheels aid rather than hinder the strength deficit.

To most other animals, yes, but we are talking about fluffies. In this special case, about a fluffy with a single stubby short weak leg to try and help him drag all his height PLUS the skate weight around. Unfortunately, it would not work on Little Champion case.
I see your point for a dog, cat, turtle, even a sheep. But it would not work for a fluffy.

But other Fluffies you own should be the ones to give it to them in all cases, so you can screen for personalities and have the authority to correct behavior.

Again, this is being cruel and egoistic for Little Champion’s profit. You’re not looking at the other fluffies for who they are, you are just looking for a servant for your disabled fluffy.
You want to give a broken fluffy the life every fluffy dreams about but to able to do this you’re condemning other fluffies to a life of servitude to this broken one.
You are even going as far as screening for personality. You wouldn’t even look at a fluffy for who he/she truly is, you would get to the shelter or store with a focused idea “I need a fluffy TO GIVE LITTLE CHAMP the best life possible!”
So if the other fluffy don’t feel like playing with little champ you will just punish them over and over until they learn?
If the other fluffy is a mare and refuses to mate with him, will you punish her and force her to have his offspring because he is such a good and lovely fluffy and he deserves to be happy? What about the mare? Just fuck her she should like him because he is good?
If one of your fluffies looks at him and goes “Damn, I don’t like this broken fluffy, he’s a dummy” you’ll punish him again and again until he’s forced to lie every single day saying “oh yes, I love this broken fluffy that makes me get punished simply by existing”?
Fluffies are not people, but they are not simple animals, they are a flawed product that is complex and hard to deal with.
Do you know how I see this working? Get other foals and raise them with little champ since their birth, without the mother or any other fluffies present, and drill into their mind that little champion is a good fluffy and there’s nothing wrong with him, in reality, he’s special! He’s so special they all need to live just to help him, and they can’t complain about it!
Feed them this lie every single day and every single hour you spend with them and in the end, if you’re lucky, you would get the fluffies you dream of getting to interact with little champ.
Would this make you a major asshole? From my point of view, yes. You’d be brainwashing and denying another fluffy their whole lives just so they could care for your broken one. But hey! The broken foal deserves the perfect life simply because he’s broken!

Our visions on the smarty part don’t align at all.
I wanted to believe you thought a smartie-friend and a smarty were two separated entities, but now I see you believe a smarty, the ultimate hellspawn, the hellgrenlim, the OG justified abuse, can be tamed to not be the sum of all single detestable trait a human/fluffy can have.
From my point of view, and from my cannon development, I don’t see this EVER working with a Smarty. As I said before, a smartie-friend is another story, but a Smarty? Never.

Plus, why would they try to bully them out of the chair? Fluffies like small toys, or big things. The device only slightly bigger than a Fluffy wouldn’t be appealing at all.

Try to picture the scene from a different angle for a moment. Every single fluffy is used to wabble around and play with the same toys they get at home or in the daycare, and then comes around a fluffy that have a magical thing that lets him slide around and move despite being a dummy with a single leg.
Not every single one of them would want to play with that magical toy, sure, but the ones that are curious enough would want to. They could just go away after Little Champ told them he can’t share, or they could be mean about it and try to get the toy by force. We all know this happens, sometimes kids take other toys from kids simple to be little assholes. And I definitely can see this happening among fluffies.
I am not even going to the “they would just because he’s broken, therefore a dummy and don’t deserve ANY toy” route. Because that also would definitelly happen.

Unless they choose to give up, a Hugboxer has no reason to either.

I disagree.
Sometimes shit happens. You lose your job, you lose your house, you lose the love of your life, things get complicated and you could slip into depression. There is an infinite number of possibilities that would push a hugbox owner to the edge of “Jesus I can’t deal with this now”.
Remember that we are dealing with high maintenance fluffy. And I am not only speaking about money since you could take care of him with just instant noodles and water. I am talking about highly EMOTIONAL maintenance.
Sometimes life beat you down so hard and so merciless that you just CAN’T.
That doesn’t make you a shitty person, that doesn’t change who you are at the bottom of your soul, You are going through some really shitty times, and sometimes these shitty times demand everything from you so you can keep YOURSELF alive and sane.
So I disagree. A Hugboxer could have reasons to give up, even if the fluffy don’t. And that’s ok. Because at the end of the day he’s just human, he’s/shes flawed, like all of us.
There are times you have to prioritize yourself. Being a lovely owner or not. Sometimes you just have to give up on that burden because it will only drag you down, maybe to the point you won’t be able to go back to the surface again.

3 Likes

Ohohohohohoh you little devil! You’re making me like you more and more Coraline!

4 Likes

My project Hellgremlin story’s main character’s goal is EXACTLY that and a bit more

2 Likes