If Fluffies were real. how would we all react? ( no_sketti_on_tuesdays)

I’m going to own them. And breed them…and take very good care of them.

And seperately I am going torture ferals and any foals I can buy for cheap.

2 Likes

I could see maybe having one or two good ones, though they’d 100% be neutered. For ferals it would mostly be kill on sight, because nobody has fences around here and they’d have free run of the area. Only concern then would be if some kid in the neighborhood had one get loose and it wanders into my yard.

2 Likes

In Texas you can shoot feral hogs for the hell of it. they’re invasive. breed fast and are everywhere down there and murder on a farmer’s fields.

3 Likes

They’ll still have no natural defenses. If fluffies were in real world they’ll get overhunted by other predators in the wild until their localized extinction[s].

Fluffies are also meant to live in domestic setting, so they aren’t that prepared to live in the wild. Spaghetti didn’t sprung out of ground ou there (or here).

Yeah but coyotes are predators. Something that your average fluffies will never be

I’m discounting those cannibal fluffy ocs obviously

Hogs are also tough as shit. Skin, muscle, tusks, and fangs. People dies from them.

1 Like

Depends on the headcannon. If they have no animal rights and are treated as toys, despite being living creatures, with all the fluffy traits except the randome exploding ones, would be very fun. Id love it

1 Like

Never said it was an easy task but I’ve seen vids of hunters flushing them out of cornfields and just taking down dozens of big ass hogs then taking the meat and giving it to shelters to feed the hungry. But they had to use 50 cal assault rifles to do it. Saw another of a winter attack and the hunters nearly got nailed by the hogs. scary shit.

3 Likes

That is all true in terms of their threat vs the threat posed by predators or aggressive animals. I think fluffies are considered invasive often because of their ability to quickly propagate and their devastating potential impact on crops. We don’t consider locusts predators but we take pains to make sure they don’t cause famine.

So perhaps fluffies are more likely to be regarded as an agricultural danger rather than a direct predatory one?

I also have to consider that they would boost predator populations by being so quick to reproduce, quick to grow, and so easy to kill.

Barely contained contempt

1 Like

It really depends on which headcannon you’re in. The fluffy universe is so unpredictable and vast. It could range from a full blown infestation or a carefully controlled series of adorable pets.

It’s like asking what we would do if video games were real. Which video game are you talking about?

4 Likes

As long as their not a nuisance to me, i wouldn’t bother too much, and perhaps even adopt one. Fluffies are quite adorable in general.
If they are a nuisance like yer describing, i would first warn them, vocally, then with a firm touch.
Violence would be the last thing to resort to for me, but when necessary…yes, but before that, i gotta try other stuff:

Fluffies coming in my garden? Fences.
Still coming through? I plant Barberis or barbed wire.
Pegasi and alicorn’s still come flying in? Paintballguns, although my collection of Nerf blasters will do the trick nicely. Led…as a last resort, remember that that one causes a lotta mess to clean up.

Feral dead animals are discharged poorly here in my region, the netherlands, just along with loads of shit and garden waste by waste processors, although real troublesome stuff is processed individually, like the japanese knotweed, i bet the same will happen if ferals, irl and fluffies are treated equally, but i can be mistaken at the moment of writing this comment.

Many things depend on the canon, but…

At their release I would be curious but wouldn’t consider them as their price point would be too high.

Beyond that, is it a world where middle tier fluffies are $50? Depends on if I knew about their potentially horrible behavior.

If a fluffy was $10 then I’d probably breed them with another $10 fluffy to see what happened. They would live in a closet “safe room” and see their “daddy” occasionally.

If fluffies were feral I would grab one on occasion for breeding or entertainment. At the merest hint of bad (or smarty) behavior I would torture them and turn them into a biotoy fleshlight in front of their family.

If they didn’t give birth to good colored foals ($15 max in this canon unless alicorns) I would sell the lot at a $1 a piece and start over.

If a fluffy in any canon was funny and didn’t shit all over the place I would keep it forever, but since I would never have the money to buy and official one that probably would never happen. I would just be cycling through snake food and ferals until I didn’t give a sh*t.

I would be more kind than my stories, I would probably adopt a Stallion or a Mare, not both. I’d treat them with the same care I’d give my dogs, but if all we got were smarties or bitch-mares, I’d probably be on a no-sell list for killing the invasive fucks

Of course not, it grows on trees. Spaghetti-tree hoax - Wikipedia

1 Like

I know me. If they were real and were not seen as soap, I would hate them and not want anything to do with them. If they were seen as soap? Well… we do live in a violent world.

Depends, for me. I’d probably enjoy giving quick and violent deaths to hellgremlins but feel too aware that they’re only going by the shitty programming they can’t help to enjoy torturing them for long, plus I couldn’t tolerate the noise. I’d be happy that nice fluffies existed but probably couldn’t deal with one as a pet, they behave too much like children, which kind of defeats the purpose of a pet IMO.

Well, it really depends but the overall reaction would be positive the first year or two, negative for probably the next 5-10 years after that, followed by mostly positive afterwards. The reason I think the amazement and wonder of a talking animal would rapidly decline is based on the following traits:

1. The constant shitting. This is really going to turn off a lot of potential owners and the population at large. The novelty of the talking animal will wear off once words gets around that a fluffy can accidentally, or maliciously, stain the floor and walls of a room with extremely putrescent filth. An animal that literally sprays feces if they hear a loud bang or scare themselves through their own stupidity, that’s going to be a turnoff. Also, if so much as one disease outbreak is linked to fluffy shit, domestics or ferals, expect the populace to switch to panicked hate over night. There will be a lot of euthanized and abandoned fluffy ponies within the first year if that happens

2. Ferals. Continuing on, ferals are another issues. If they can survive in rural areas and negatively affect crops and food production, the culling will begin in earnest. If ferals are hardy enough to survive on garbage and breed exponentially in urban areas, a lot of fluffy hate is gonna be generated from the working/impoverished classes. A loud, clingy, and occasionally nasty, ball of shit and potential disease flooding poor neighborhoods is going to get ugly. It wouldn’t be hard to twist fluffies into living examples of capitalist excess and privilege. “Oh, you can’t feed our children or help out the poor, but you can create and care for racist, talking shit rats!?” Yeah, that’s not a great look. Which leads to my next points.

3. Poopeh babies, bitchmares, smarties, and bestest babbehs. If any of these traits exist, fluffies will be reviled by the majority of the population within a few months. Do you honestly believe anyone with skin color of tan or darker is going to give their child a present that has even the slightest chance it will tell one of its own foals that it’s a piece of shit only good for licking their asshole clean, all because it’s a different color? Even if it’s only one percent of fluffies, that is a PR nightmare that would leave such a foul perception in the general public’s eyes, it would take years to overcome. Same thing with smarties and the like. People buy a pet for companionship and love. The novelty of a talking animal would wear off rather quickly, once it was discovered it’s not difficult for them to turn into little, entitled douchebags. Fluffy abuse would skyrocket and no one outside of PETA would care. Especially if they get declared nuisance animals because of the feral population and growing disgust from the public. For those who don’t know, a nuisance animal is an animal you are allowed to kill the second you see it on your property. Poison, trapping, clubbing, etc are all fair game. I suspect this is would be where you start to see more extreme abuse start to emerge. Sure, you aren’t supposed to engage in purposeful animal cruelty when dealing with nuisance animals, but with limited resources, hiring difficulties, and corruption, do you honestly see the police wasting their time on investigating an online post of fluffy abuse? If a video emerged of someone in a major city pillowing sewer rats, do you honestly expect most police departments to look that hard for the abuser?

However, I put 5-10 years because eventually I think there would be enough positive examples of fluffy ponies that the public perception would swing back around. Provided they can be trained there is a lot of potential as a therapy animal, search and rescue, and even military usage. Especially the therapy animal option, as from my occupation I know quite a few child social workers, youth pastors, and people who specialize in senior care services. They would be all over a creature that, when properly raised, is a living bundle of love. Less good for them but still contributing to their success: replacing dogs and monkeys for animal testing, used as a food source, or simply bred for more genetic engineering experiments.

The poopeh and smarty situation would also be resolved. Because fluffy mills and distributors, once they realize most customers aren’t interested in purchasing a racist brat, will begin measures to make sure any fluffy who exhibits even the potential for these traits are euthanized immediately. Within a decade, they will have done everything in their power to make sure every fluffy that leaves the breeding centers is a loving pet, with immaculate behavior. Illegal breeding would be a major felony as would contributing to the feral population. Hell, I could even see anti smarty laws, with owners being fined and their fluffy removed and euthanized if it’s discovered to have the syndrome.

Eventually, things would settle down and fluffies would win back the public. Within a few decades the magic would wear off and while they would be loved by most, they would be just another aspect of everyday, mundane life

Sorry for the excessively long post but like most of us here, I’ve put waaaayyyy too much thought into fluffies.

2 Likes

Well, I find high pitched noises annoying, and I’ve got a few pets. I would not be able to have a fluffy. It would not survive. I probably wouldn’t see them a lot in my neighborhood since there’s a lot of outside cats and a skunk.

I don’t think I’d abuse the things, but I sure wouldn’t like them. There’s a reason I’m better at writing abuse stories instead of hugbox.

1 Like

I would probably let a few hang out in my yard if they wanted, but otherwise I’d ignore them. I wouldn’t want one as a pet. They’re too much work and I’m lazy

Honestly I’ve thought about the consequences of the poopie babbeh trope if they were real. I mean really though I can already smell the racism lawsuits over that one.

2 Likes

Another thing I can see is people using them for therapy. I mean a sentient animal that doesn’t require the same care as a human child and can talk tou you? I can see all kinds of mental health uses there.

2 Likes