Looking for new fluffy breeds/subspecies ideas

Since theirs already subspecies for the earth and sea, how about bird fluffies?
Maybe a Hummingbird Fluffy?

2 Likes

I did a marsupial micro fluff once.
Howbowt more along that line?

1 Like

How plausible are you looking? Something totally domestic? Or can live in the wild?

A “probably domestic only” would be a line based on mythology. A fluffy centaur for instance. Its actually a regular looking fluffy with extra legs and the top stays upright. No hands, though. Still widdwe hoovesies.

1 Like

Awww a little micro fluff bird! I love the concept!

1 Like

Totally domestic. Fluffies can’t survive well in the wild anyways

Fwuffy Fawms Cweamawy has all your four titted fluffy needs.

2 Likes

Some of the variants I’ve used in my stories:

Clydesdale: a specially bred earthie fluffy that is bigger and stronger than a normal fluffy, with short fluff (except for a bib on their chest and little poofy bits above their hooves) and a calm, even temperament. They aren’t any smarter than a regular fluffy, but they tend to behave more maturely.

Designer fluffies: a specially bred fluffy with short, stubby legs and extra poofy fluff, especially the bib on their chest and their mane and tail. Sort of the fluffy equivalent of a dachshund or one of those little designer dogs that women carry around in their purses. Behavior and intelligence is normal for fluffies, and while any variety of fluffy (earthy, pegasus, unicorn) can be a designer fluffy, they’re usually earthies or less commonly unicorns; designer pegasuses seem to be much rarer. I’ve been out of the fluffy culture for 5 years now, I have no idea if designer fluffies are still a thing.

Greek/Trojan: a specially bred fluffy originating in Japan, made to look like a war horse from ancient Greek artwork. They tend to be bigger and stronger than typical fluffies, have shorter fluff, and their manes are short and stiff, resembling a mohawk. Colors tend to be muted compared to normal fluffies, with examples that appeared in my stories being brick red with brown manes and tails, and another being black with black-and-white striped mane and tail. Unbeknownst to many, this breed of fluffy is extremely intelligent (for a fluffy; if the average fluffy is about as smart as a human 3 year old, a Trojan is about as smart as a 10 year old) and they can even speak like a normal human, rather than in fluff speak, when they put their mind to it (it takes conscious effort for them not to lapse into baby talk and to pronounce their R’s and L’s correctly, but they can do it, whereas the overwhelming majority of fluffies are utterly incapable of talking normally.); some even learn to read on a basic level. These specially bred fluffies are EXTREMELY expensive and tend to win fluffy shows and competitions easily. The main character of my story Just Trying To Make It is one of these fluffies, and he insists on being called “herd leader” rather than “smarty” because he doesn’t behave like a smarty and is insulted when other fluffies refer to him as one. The only ones seen in any of my stories are unicorns, but when other authors have asked to include this breed in their story, I always mention that they can be any type of fluffy, not just unicorns.

Unknown designer breed: A specially bred designer fluffy with a small body, but long, gangly legs. Because of the shape of the body and legs, and their often having dappled fluff like an Appaloosa horse, with earth tones being the most common colors, they tend to resemble baby deer or Appaloosa colts in appearance. They tend to be slightly more clever than the average fluffy, but they’re still not that bright. Applefluff from my Bad Nummies series is one of these.

Non-fluffies:

I had one story where a Hasbio employee kept several other biotoys that never made it to market after PETA released fluffies into the wild and caused a disaster, including a wooly mammoth the size of a dog, a triceratops also the size of a dog, and a couple of Barbie-sized ‘fairies’ who were exclusively female (to prevent them from breeding). The mammoth and triceratops never made it to market because of Hasbio getting in legal and financial trouble, and the fairies were never released because Hasbio took one look at all the fluffy abusers and said “fuck no, we’re not giving them tiny women to do whatever they want to”. None of them were as intelligent as fluffies or capable of speech, with the fairies living in a hamster cage and engaging in similar behavior. The story isn’t ‘canon’ as far as I’m concerned, just a fun ‘what if’ scenario, but feel free to use whatever you want from me.

3 Likes

“Hey Mike Rowe, you wanna watch fluffies fuck?!”

Seriously though, neat story. I liked the methane fuel concept. I remember that from Beyond Thunderdome and thought it would work really well with fluffies.

3 Likes

Want some reading on poopie-power?

2 Likes

Day 1: “This is great! It’s like birds singing in my house.”

Day 87: screaming/ crying while holding the fluffy at eye level “SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!”

2 Likes

1 Like

God i love all of those concepts! Do you mind if I draw them? I’ll credit you for the concept

2 Likes

Go for it.

1 Like

Axolotl fluffs

1 Like

Though it’s a more abuser prone variety I’d think, with their programming being all manner of screwy seeing as axolotls are just overgrown babies, and foals avoid “special Huggies”
Just what came to my head so feel free to expand lmao

1 Like

I’m not a fan of litter pals but the thought came into my head of a subspecies of sea fluffs that are bred for that purpose. So similar to a loach or catfish to keep the fish tank clean. Whether they’re totally normalized to it, love/hate it, or somewhere in between I think it would make sense (more then actual litter pals).

As a sidenote ironically they would probably survive way better in the wild then any sea fluff would.

3 Likes

Cold-adapted fluffies, fractal fluffies, super tall but otherwise proportional fluffies, super long but otherwise proportional fluffies, fluffies that can breath fire, fluffless fluffies, elephant fluffies, giant fluffies, fluffies covered in spikes, or fluffies that can regenerate like salamanders.

1 Like

I, on the other hand, have gone in a much more strange direction. I’ve gone so fantastic, you might as well call me Reed Richards.

Lemme see if I can remember all of them off the top of my head:

Superpowered fluffies, demon fluffies, robot fluffies (well, a robot fluffy), a zombie fluffy, vampire fluffies, a nephilim fluffy (a nephilim being a mortal with angelic power), plus I’ve done my own takes on garden, sea and micro fluffies.

And I’m always working on new ideas, both fantastic and (relatively) mundane.

So I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread.

A young intusiastic scientist enters the stage, he clears his throat briefly. "
Ladies and Gentlemen and Persons of unspecified Gender, my name is Otto von Vitckenstein and I am here to talk to you about a problem that has affected many of us." He takes a dramatic pause.
“Home invasions and garden raids have already become a problem for many of us, I know what you think, there are the usual traps like Fluff be gone, but what if you can’t use them because you are a loving Fluffy owner yourself.” “Here I present you the solution.” He reaches behind and heaves a cage on the podium with a huge black fluffy stallion." The Guardian Fluffy is bred for harder hooves, more size and strength, as well as a pronounced protective instinct, and for all of you that have littel children no fear he would rather die than let anithing happen to them ."

1 Like

Also you can by him with and without Cannibal gene crossed in