Mature News - The Last Fluffy Meat Farms in America (Author:Oculus)

The sheer amount of thought and research put into your stories is honestly staggering. I like the history bit a lot. I don’t know how much of it is intended, but it feels like this is the future after the majority of abuse stories. Another thing I really like is the language stuff. Making fluffies into cattle by excluding all interaction with human culture (including normal fluffies) is such a great concept. The irl language exclusion experiments are also cool info to know.

1 Like

You know, I imagine fluffys in Latin America in poor areas like favelas or shantytowns in microfarms being illegally raised for food.

1 Like

This piece was actually inspired by a Vice video I watched that covered a village in China where dog meat is consumed. There were people who had pet dogs, but they were accustomed to eating dog meat and could get defensive about the practice.

As much as I’m a hugboxer, one of the things I do find fascinating is the relationship between humans and meat animals, especially meat animals that display a high level of affection or intelligence. Pigs are considered one of the more intelligent domesticated animals, and the capybara, while famous for its affection, is also considered a good alternative to beef. For me, I feel one thing that would distinguish a fluffy from the average animal would be its propensity for sapience, due to their ability to have a rational dialogue, albeit limited, with their owner in a way that the average meat animal cannot. but, I do think that, as with dogs and dolphins, a culture of consuming fluffies as meat could exist given certain circumstances.

3 Likes

Your devotion to your own version of fluffy lore is admirable.