New industrial abuse

So I’m sick and hopped up on way too many cold meds but I had an idea. I haven’t seen this done before so I wanted to have a bit of fun.

So everyone knows the classic foal-in-a-can topic. Put foal in can, can in vending machine, and buy it for 3 bucks. But I was thinking of those mystery boxes that people love getting. People love the allure of mystery and parents love showing the miracle of life.

So I bring to your attention, Soon-Mummah-Gatchas.

You go to the local fluffy mart and they have a new promotion going on. For $40 you get a soon mummah gatcha. This comes with a poo pad, water and food dish, and a five dollar off coupon on your choice of kibble. These mares come in unique colors and patterns that are eye-catching. They are the latest from Hasbio labs at a discounted rate…

The promotion goes on about how you could get a unique alicorn in your litter. About how the colors and patterns are sure to amaze. Stars, hearts, and other shape patterns as well as dappled flanks and other markings.

With each purchase it also comes with a guide on how to properly milkbag the mare if you get multiple sets and only want the babies.

Im just throwing this idea around but wanted to see what people thought.

28 Likes

As a twist on it: breeder’s betting. Show the mother, show the father, and maybe one generation back. Bet on litter size, colors, and types.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Yes, I like this idea! Seeing what genes come out dominate from the parents and grandparents. Having the chance of breeding some really cool fluffs. I bet this would also start up breeding clubs where they try to combine patterns. Like a star pattern on top of a dappled flank. Even better on a navy colored fluffy that makes it look like the night sky :sparkles:

4 Likes

No good friend! Spend it on the gatcha and get yourself some cool foals!

1 Like

Honestly, I could see a Soon-Mama Gatcha being used by schools, home schoolers, after-school tutors, etc., for teaching biology for younger students. Practical way to illustrate genetics and heredity, Punnett Squares (or whatever is used these days), etc.

Now, what happens AFTER the lessons are done is another question. Undoubtedly full of the normal range of hugbox, sadbox, abuse, bleak, whatever that befalls fluffies.

6 Likes

Lmao imagine a bunch of soon mummahs lying on a stadium and there is like a million of fans watching who will give birth first and the quality of the litter. And no one cares that “big woudies awe bad fo’ babbehs”

7 Likes

That’s why I put this with the abuse tags. The aftermath of students/children/buyers losing interest in the product can go downhill quick. Once the appeal of foals is over and the owners don’t find them cute anymore can lead to many being thrown out, killed, or abandoned. Just like fidget spinners, people buy them up like crazy and then rapidly lose interest in a matter of months.

4 Likes

Honestly, I would watch that. What if they are rated on how well they were delivered, how many good colors, rare genes, and if there was any stillbirths. Earthies, pegasi, unicorns, and alicorns all have a point system too.

3 Likes

One the one hand I think “industrial” implies abuse, but on the other @BFM101 is trying something different with Carter’s Creature Comforts, and I’ve got a spin on it to go after later. So yeah, abuse tags definitely appropriate.

I am wondering if there are folks, besides breeders, who make bets on puppy and kitten births.

1 Like

the idea is cool, I just think it would be kinda hard to have available mares every time someone wants one
probably they’ll have some kind of " soon mumma can season" and stuff

1 Like

I’ve been following along with that story, what is your spin on it?

Also no clue but Im sure it’s out there. People are willing to bet on anything.

1 Like

they’ll probably be limited edition. They come in batches on like the first of the month or something. One they have the craze established a new pattern comes out every 1-2 months.

2 Likes

Carters? I think its great.

My spin? I did a one off, but think I need to continue it. Its called Freeze Dried Fluffy, and I’m still pondering how to do it. Its starting as scifi, but I’m wondering how to bring in the industrial elements as well while keeping the same tone.

Get several soon mummah gachas and keep the best foals for breeding. I could see this being a really good way to get good breeding stock. Though if I know my gachas, you’ll get 1000 earthies and 500 unicorns/Pegasus before you get 1 alicorn

4 Likes

cool :slight_smile:

Are they rolling out a vending machine like regular Gachapons?

Dehorn/de-wing the mares and use forhead/shoulder covers on all mares to hide the mares breed. Dye them all a monochrome beige color so nobody knows can try to game the system by buying only good colored unicorns/pegasi.

Great idea. Could totally see shops using the Gatcha craze to get rid of excess stock

1 Like

The only wait time would be the first batches gestation period. Impregnate X amount of mares per day and once the first batch is ready to pop, you’ll have X amount of mares reliably available every day. Pretty much like a breeding facility, but the mares are sold when they are ready to give birth, rather than retained and reused

1 Like