(Great Breadfluffy Bakeoff) On the origin of penicillin :: CuddilyBloodily

It’s a little known fact that Alexander Fleming had a prototype bread-fluffy named Pennie in the early part of the 20th century.

On a lovely September afternoon, Fleming returned home to find that his sick fluffy was feeling much better, even though that morning a strange green mold had spread over her squishy body. Pennie had eaten more of her yeast-based kibble the day before, more than usual. Fleming had been certain her moldiness had been caused by over consuming the yeasty delight. He’d been certain her doom was imminent, but instead, she was feeling much better!

Fleming then began to experiment with the mold on Pennie, growing layer after layer of the blue-green miracle. It was called Penicillin, and Fleming was later awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine for his contribution to modern antibiotics.

Original art by Dean Fausett Scott, modified by CuddilyBloodily for the bread contest…

30 Likes

I’m laughing but what the fuck?

2 Likes

Lol I know it’s ridick! For the Bread Fluffy Bake-off…probably not what they had in mind, but….

4 Likes

Out of curiosity. Is the mouth sewn shut, thus the thought bubble?

I had a good laugh if only cause me and someone else had been joking that breadfluffies were in an alternate fluffyverse.

2 Likes

penisillin

i apologize, that statement was uncalled for

1 Like

They are in a different universe for me, too…only Fluffies and maybe now a1ua Fluffies that are manatees like the ones @Bad_Roomie posted. No jellenheimers or things like that….I think having a million types dilutes their interesting factor

2 Likes

As long as no one makes a ww1 or 2 joke with fluffies, im good to go with this lore. I learned something new today.

3 Likes

Yknow this makes perfect sense fluffy lore wise penicillin is along with morphine one of the most important medicines ever developed.

It’s only fitting that a fluffy would suffer for humanity to prosper

3 Likes