Opinion time: Mares are the best

So I’m sexist for slightly preferring one type of pet over the other?

2 Likes

No of course not. It just didn’t sound right in my brain, that’s it

3 Likes

That’s one reason it makes being a mare owner a bit more difficult. Stallions have their own issues too but they won’t be stomping babies to death because one of them needed to feed and is an ugly color…Unless the stallion/colt is a smarty. The begging for babies and a special friend is also something that would worry me since I could see my mare (that i bought to be a pet not a breeder) badgering me for babies and running off to go find some despite being fixed. It’d be the Candy situation all over again.
Irl i would breed my mare if i didnt buy her spayed but i would buy an unspayed mare for the sole reason of breeding her.

3 Likes

Oh. My apologies then.

1 Like

There is no need in apologizing for how my brain processes information. Don’t worry about it

1 Like

I imagine the fluffy breeding industry would be a lot like the chicken breeding industry.
Males would be far less important than females.
In fact I’m finishing up I just posted a story about that.

7 Likes

Ooooooh, sounds interesting

2 Likes

I was going to say stallions, but your argument has me thinking a mare would be fun, especially a social soon mummah.

2 Likes

I’d say foals and colts.

2 Likes

While mares are certainly sweet, I’m going to say stallions. I know some people find it annoying/punchable, but I think their whole tough guy schtick is actually adorable.

Reminds me of those tiny dogs who try to act huge, except less yappy.

Like, if a tiny, plush, pastel colored, squishy-marshmallow pig-horse tried to intimidate me, I’d just boop his nose, roll him over, and give him a belly rub while he yelled squeaky threats at me.

5 Likes

For me, I love foals the most. Since I’m raising baby chickens rn, the chirping is making me think of how adorable it would be to have a foal snuggle up to my hand when I try to pet it. They’re also optimal for singing lullabies to.

But cranky pregnant mares are adorable too, it’d be so cute to gently boop their lil nose and watch them pout about it. (As someone who likes to cuddle broody hens just to make em mad cause they cute, I can totally envision this.)

5 Likes

Right? I don’t think I’d get pissed off at a smarty at all. I’d just scoop him up and tame him with snuggles.

3 Likes

Right!! I don’t know if you ever go on the subreddit, but there’s a contributor there (who I’ve never seen here) called Stwumpo who has a whole series of stories about a dude who adopts and sort of “tames” a smarty named Baxter.

It’s very cute, and I highly recommend it.

1 Like

Awww, that sounds so cute! I better go check it out.

2 Likes

Geldings, are so cute to me, none of the problems you have with mares or stallions, and all of the enjoyment. Least likely to develop smarty syndrome. They do go into the want babies stage but that only for a short time. They do get confused about their sex though, just keep telling them they are a gelding if they ask.

“Just, males are freaking violent predators and rapist pedo where females are not, in most of stories.”

And mares will murder their own babies if they’re ugly.

But then again both of these behaviours are only really in hellgremlin stories anyway.

2 Likes

I always imagine the mares and stallions to pretty much have the same personality anyway. You could do all these things with them since they’re probably too stupid to understand they’re considered girly things anyway.

I also have to agree with the other commenters, that foals are the cutest by far.

Of course, from a story standpoint, if you like doing soon-mummah stories, it makes sense you prefer mares.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s more of a pointlessly gendered thing that Hasbio programmed into their fluffies to reinforce gender roles. Kind of like the boys like trucks and girls like dolls set of bullshit standards some people have (I used to be this way too sadly.)
I have some trans fluffies that defy this. Both mtf and ftm.
I remember seeing one pic of a fluffy owner forcing her stallion to play dress up and have a tea party with her and he’s just pouting in his dress and pretty sun hat with his hooves crossed saying,
“Nu am mare,” with his cheeks puffed. So some stallions just DO NOT like doing things like this.

Also, I adore smarties. As long as they aren’t shitting on me, trying to kill me and my other pets or demanding i give him food, then he’s just a cute little tough guy wannabe. I find female smarties to be super 'dorbs. Cheek puffing, snorting, stomping/tapping hooves while doing a war dance and shaking her tubby butt will make me scoop her up and give tummy raspberries.

3 Likes

Crunchberry! I’ll see if I can post that comic later in the day. It’s one of my favorites

4 Likes

Basically my grumpass fluffies when they preggo or just gave birth.
“NU HUWT BABBEHS”
That reminds me of this. And when Angelica and Sprinkles get preggo, they would do that if you boop their nose. They’d fluff up and pout over it while glaring up at you.

5 Likes