Psychopathy - Part 09 - Parasitic Lifestyle - By Hornlarry (Booru ID 39971)

Shouldn’t we? Does he have any redeeming quality that I’m missing? Because otherwise, I feel pretty justified.

I think it’s more of a “this guy might be as human as they come, but he acts in such a heinous way, he might aswell be part of another species entirely”. At some point, the question becomes: “should I do something about it?”
Even more so if someone is suffering because of that person. At least from my own perspective.
Personally, I actively avoid any chance of hurting others (I practiced boxe before the whole corona thing, always refused to do more than practice sparring), unless someone else is being harassed.

Yep. This is my case. Unless an abuse story has great writing behind it, I kind of brush them off as “uninteresting”. Either that or the abused fluffy did something to deserve the abuse (and even then my verdict is usually a quick death).

Tl;dr, I just heavily dislike abuser characters (and by extension, most abuse stories) because most are either schoolyard bullies who randomly turn into butchers of animals or untouchable psychopaths who for ‘x’ reason (usually shonen level plot armor or the evergreen “a toy company paid the entirety of the world to classify a living organism who has every reason to be under the voice animal as biotoy instead”, so that the author doesn’t have to come up with a reason why the abuser is never punched by a neighbor). While I wouldn’t wish death upon a bully, I surely wouldn’t be sad to hear a dude who acts like the series’ protagonist had died.

3 Likes

Holy crap this was insane

1 Like

That was the idea! Psychopathy has been described as the Mask of Sanity

Think you mixed up the two fluffies in the cooking scene, for half of it Brick was being cooked, the other half was Fauntleroy

1 Like

Agree

1 Like

Wow, this has been one fucked up storyline. I thought he was getting his comeuppance, but then he woke up.

Or better yet, after doing all the things you mentioned, he could have his arms and legs removed, and then left to be eaten by feral fluffies. For irony’s sake.

Yeah, see, lacking empathy does not mean you have to be an axe-murdering lunatic. Most people with cluster B disorders or forms of autism which render empathy difficult (I don’t know if I count - I can tell when people feel bad, but can’t pick up subtleties of why without cognitively thinking it through or asking and I don’t tend to feel what they feel) still have sympathy, or at least some recognition that other people are a vital part of society. I know of one person who says they probably would have turned out to be a full-on sociopath if they didn’t have excellent parents; they feel no empathy at all, and use that to run a support group for abused/disabled/otherwise marginalised people because it means they don’t burn out emotionally like a neurotypical person would. People have plenty of empathy for them. This guy is just an entitled rich fuckwit and plenty of those are perfectly neurotypical and still deserve the worst. Jeffrey Epstein was neurotypical, as far as I know, and no one’s crying over him.

1 Like

No, no, no! Why kill him and waste all that effort? Ellie shouldn’t have run away! If she could bear to hammer him, she could bear to hamstring him. Just render him unable to move, keep his hand and eye for opening fingerprint or retina scan locks/bank security, then live it up with his money while keeping him alive at least as long as he kept the fluffies alive. (@Hornlarry, do you mind if I write a followup? I have some characters from my teenage years burning a hole in my Googledocs who would do that.)

1 Like

If you want to write a follow up feel free, although it’d be Inspired By, rather than Canon.

I think you’ve already read the brief follow up I wrote

1 Like

Yeah psychopaths are just people born with ASPD, and sociopaths are just people who acquired ASPD later in life.
Most of them aren’t going around torturing, raping, and/or murdering anyone (whether human or non-human animal).
A lot of them might come off as assholes because they don’t care if they hurt someone’s feelings, but they’re usually smart enough to know that committing violent crimes won’t benefit them. Especially psychopaths, who tend to be calmer than sociopaths. And most crimes commited by sociopaths are spur-of-the-moment rather than premeditated.

What was this person diagnosed with?