Question

I did :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I knew it… bastard… :yum:

4 Likes

It was an evolution. Technically the first as far as anyone knows was Flufflepuff.

Created by Mixermike622 AKA Fluffymixer AKA FluffyTown. Presented as an MLP character with lore and stories, appearing in several animated videos including some voiced ones.

The character started people progressing ideas for OCs until the idea was ponies that were pets of other ponies. Since Flufflepuff was presented as kind of mentally deficient, she looped around as the default pony pet pony.

Artists redesigned the pet pony in their own style and based on lore other people proposed and they liked as it shifted further and further from MLP.

9 Likes

It was a convoluted long mess of people adapting ideas and being inspired by random snippets of MLP art. I don’t think Flufflepuff was the origin of fluffy ponies, but rather an example of divergent evolution from the same concept. The modern fluffy, however, was set in stone with the “Fall of Cleveland” anthology, which provided most of today’s fluffy biology & rules. @Oculusfluffy is the guy you want to ask about this for the big big details.

5 Likes

why ask him if you can just read his long ass manuscript about it?

6 Likes

sigh

@Ethawesome923 I did a whole write-up about this. You can read it here: From MLP to Fluffy Pony or How Fluffy ponies came to be on 4chan's /co/ and /mlp/

@Harmful338 Actually, Mixxwermike posted with a name. He went by “fluffy”. You can see the post on the thread itself from almost ten years ago: /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

This was the first post of a fluffy pony. Ever: https://fluffy-community.com/t/twilight-fluffles-artist-mixermike622-aka-fluffy-possibly-the-first-fluffy-pony-image-ever-created/9235

It should be kept in mind that Mixxermike’s own concept of fluffy pony is “MLP but fluffier”. He wasn’t into the whole Hasbio and genetically-engineered thing.

Of course, there is the possibility that Mixxermiek may have been inspired by an earlier reaction that Megasweet did, which he posted to 4chan: https://fluffy-community.com/t/wtf-man-artist-megasweet-derpibooru-id-213926/9690/

But thing is, and by this point, Megasweet was mostly posting to FiMchan, and with a tripfag. But there is a possibility he may have posted this to 4chan anonymously as well.

@Thk Your info is somewhat correct but not entirely.

The thing about ponies as pets was that it was an idea that predated fluffies. My little Dashie and Cartoonlion’s Futashy were heavily popular in 2011, and theyw ere pet pony concepts. One of the people who had an influence on early fluffy fiction was Gorodetsky, who had the idea that fluffies would be lobotomized or talk in a simialr way, based on a story he wrote previously.

That said, Fluffle Puff IS an evolution of Mixxermike’s original concept. So in that sense, FLuffle Puff is a fluffy pony, but a fluffy pony based on the idea of “fluffies are MLP but fluffier”.

If we’re talking about fluffies as “genetically engineered pets who are a neotenic version of MLP”, the first prson to put more effort into their depiction would be Art-Anon. https://www.reddit.com/r/fluffycommunity/comments/kz3jxl/artanon_the_father_of_fluffies_artistartanon/

If Mixxermike created the general concept, then fluffies as we know them has to be attributed to Art-Anon, as he was the first to draw them playing with building blocks and the like: https://fluffy-community.com/t/earliest-known-image-of-a-fluffy-playing-with-blockies-artist-art-anon-fluffybooru-id-131/9237/

Funniest thing is that its not even the longest thing I’ve written lmao.

While somewhat I’d true, I’d argue that the biology was already determined before the Fall of Cleveland, but what The Fall of Cleveland helped establish was fluffies as an “independent” idea.

Haha very funny claps once

11 Likes

some times its not even posts, just comments

3 Likes

Did A-A’s have a name?
Gotta admit, Flufflepuff is appealing as a named character for the borderline mythological firtborn connotation.

2 Likes

You sound like a bitter Karen whose been told their coupon has expired :joy:

2 Likes

sorry, but he is right. the joke was flat af

4 Likes

Yes, but his response was Karen, while yours is simply informative and correct

2 Likes

says a joke isnt funny
“haha you must be a karen”

3 Likes

Lol. If you’re gonna tell me my lame joke isn’t funny, just call me chud like @Mr_Owl did. Don’t dance around it with equally lame sarcasm

3 Likes

i feel like you might have taken it a little personally

3 Likes

You have to remember that Oculus works alongside me.
So he gets inundated with bad jokes pretty constantly.

7 Likes

the fuck is chud?

3 Likes
Summary

A middleaged chad having a resemblance to President Armstrong.

6 Likes

“Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers”.

It’s basically a different way of calling someone a basement dweller, I think.

3 Likes

played college ball, you know!

3 Likes

I think this is the first time I’ve seen a Wojak on FluffyCommunity.

2 Likes