r/fluffycommunity fucking sucks...

I’ve only had one good experience with Reddit and it was that one time I let my boyfriend borrow my copy of Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast and the people who commented on his post said some really nice things about me.
Other than that Reddit is dumb lol

3 Likes

Meh it’s the price of a large user base

2 Likes

being from reddit, that’s a common occurrence, and also considered a selfish and rude act.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s not the only subreddit I’ve seen reposting in so I’m not surprised. It’s usually reposts of popular abuse artwork and a lot of the time people don’t make it clear that it’s not their artwork. So that’s what really irks me. I’ve had my artwork stolen in the past and I’m probably just too sensitive because of that.

3 Likes

I’ve ranted and raved about r/fluffycommunity until I’m (figuratively) blue in the face, so I won’t do it here. Anyway, I agree with your disgust about it. Like you, it’s dead to me now…

2 Likes

That was meant for Stonerouge, BTW

2 Likes

The week leading up to last Xmass was going to be a hugbox mega event, but some folks went ape shit over the idea of not posting abuse for 1 week and harassed people till a bunch of artists just left the whole community.

There were also complaints about mod responses, but I don’t know the details of that.

Basically some hardcore abusers decided to insult/troll/harass hugbox content to the point of breaking the community.

6 Likes

Worse: It wasn’t even a week.
It was three days. Even one of the worst abusers who’s also a toxic person respected that and walked away for three days because there was the fluffy_abuse sub and the site that wasn’t participating.

5 Likes

I’d just avoid the site for the week tbh. I legitimately want to harm nearly every fluffy in a “hugbox” picture I see. That being said I also understand (AND ACCEPT) that people are entitled to their own likes…within reason.

3 Likes

Ohh now you have garnered my interest, who is this abuser? I’d love to see his work.

1 Like

On the one hand I’m glad it exists as it helps archive some classic fluffy content from the likes of Artist-kun and Wolfram, as well as helps generate interest. But yeah, it does churn out some shit content like the one in the OP. There really should be a ban on ‘me and my OC’ type posts - by all means come up with a recurring character but fluffycommunity is about fluffies and what happens to/with them, not your shitty self insert.

1 Like

it’s the-homeless-oreo. He doesn’t have any original work. He just reposts stuff all the time and makes comments that sound like he’s getting off to this stuff (which, totally fair. I’ve seen freakier kinks tbh) in everything that’s not marked hugbox

8 Likes

A lot of the fluffies I’ve seen in the ‘Me and my oc’s’ ARE characters that people have been using in stories though? It’s about fluffies, and it’s a fun and cute way to get to know the actual creator behind the story. After all, without that ‘shitty self insert’, you wouldn’t have the story in the first place.

3 Likes

Are you talking about IRL people, in general, inserting themselves into a story, or are we counting OC/Mascots that represent users, Like MunstahMummah, and Carniviousduck?

1 Like

That guy is like a legitimate child lmao

6 Likes

Finally someone points that out, but I really really believe that he is actually a kid.

5 Likes

Then don’t post it in the first place. Think before you act, sincerely, as just something healthy to consider for the future

1 Like

I’m a creep who’s gone through that dude’s comments and posts after he commented on my artwork before. I’ve almost considered blocking his account so I don’t have to see his reposts anymore.

2 Likes

And even the best text stories get buried almost instantly under images, many of which suck or have been endlessly reposted. On the Booru, this didn’t happen because posts were displayed in chronological order.

4 Likes

I mean, I knew many of the classic artists thanks to reposts and many of the reposted comics are sometimes still new to me, it’s annoying how if gets reposted over and over but I can’t get mad at all.

I also knew the whole hugbox vs abuse was going to be a thing, they’re polar opposites after all and people on the internet always feel like they are better than the ones who oppose them, but kinda agree tho, the situation is out of control in the subreddit compared to here, people is way more respectful and not that edgy.

I don’t mind turning hugbox into abuse or abuse to hugbox as long as you don’t attack someone directly, change the point of view of any situation is always interesting, but do it because “revange” is quite stupid tbh.

3 Likes