Report 2: Captivity (Author:Oculus)

To the editor from Bluey, fluffy reporter. Subject: Captivity.

It all started when I had the misfortune of witnessing the kidnapping of a rather beautiful fluffy at Plymouth Market. Just two days after that, a man involved in the kidnapping wanted to come clean on his association, but was gunned down by his accomplices. There seemed to be a larger web of events that were going on, as the man in question had been involved in 5 other fluffy kidnappings within the same year.

So how did I end up in this cage, you may ask?

Well, when I was typing my last report, I heard a ring at the doorbell. The Captain was busy watching a game of football, and I naturally walked up to the entrance. The mailman looked like any other mailman I had seen before, as he was carrying a large brown parchment.

“Hello little fluffy, we just need you to just check this name.”

He then bent down, and passed me a receipt. Though it had a lot of words I had still yet to learn, it had the name of the intended recipient of the package. It clearly read “Jonathan Henderson.”

“Dis nu am wite,” I pointed out, as I said, “fwuffy am sowwy, but dis Mistah nu wib hewe.”

I don’t think the mailman cared, as he grabbed me.

“Oi!” I cried out. Struggling as hard I could, I tried my best to slip away from the man’s grasp. I had been involved in a situation like this, and while humans can easily overpower me, I had managed to wriggle myself out before.

But alas, what was in the parchment was not something intended for the captain. As the brown paper fell off, I saw a cloth, similar to the ones that humans use to wipe up messes. The mailman monster took the cloth and applied it to my mouth.

“Nuu smeww pwetty!” I tried to blurt out. The smell was familiar, as it was the kind that was use to induce a sleepiness. And it didn’t take long for me to blank out.

~
When I woke up, I found myself in a cage. Thankfully I wasn’t bound or gagged, but the holes in the cage were way too small for anything to slip by. My cage was one out of many in the room, and I was placed on the bottom rack, with one cage to the left of me, and four to the right. Almost all the other fluffies around me were still asleep, most likely sedated. It seemed that the worse had indeed come for me – I had gotten involved in a major fluffy kidnapping racket.

Occasionally, the iron door in front of me would open and a human would begin inspecting the captive freight. At some times it was a man wearing a red beanie hat and a green sweater, and at other times it was a dark-skinned woman with a jacket and a multi-colored shirt. The woman seemed familiar, and I felt like I had seen her before. She may have met the Captain before. The humans didn’t talk much, though I remember the man making a passing comment at one.

“Sleep well, you little punks. We’re going to have some fun and games with you when you reach the island.”

Most of the time, I had managed to keep my eyes closed whenever I sensed their presence. That plan worked as, from the looks of it, they had not pricked me with a needle. Sensing that I would not be having a good sleep for the next few hours, this gave me an opportunity to survey my fellow captives. To the right of me was a pink fluffy with a blue mane. Nothing too special. After him was a purple fluffy with a big haircut and shades. Definitely a flair for style, but something about him seemed off. After him, and on the other end was a teal-lish fluffy with a nose ring. They were definitely some colourful fluffies. I couldn’t see all the fluffies place above me, but I could see at least one fluffy that was pure white with a unique eye patch, and a grey fluffy with a blonde mane and a permanently cross-eyed expression. Whoever was collecting these fluffies definitely had an eye for aesthetics and perhaps even the exotic. I managed to catch one thick and very shaggy fluffy located at the very top. It was a bit faint, but I recognize what kind of fluffy it was.

“Fwuffy feew wawm…huu huu… nuu wan be in hot pwace.”

That was an ice fluffy. They usually were found in places closer to the North and South Poles, and they had developed an ability to live in extremely cold. Of course, they were not born to be in such warm places, so the excess fluff he had was most likely making him feel hot.

“Shut up you little brat. You should be lucky that we’re putting you in a nice warm place instead of leaving you in the cold to die!”

I could hear the sarcasm in his voice as the ice fluffy continued to cry.

“Go on, keep snivelling you little wretch!”

The flashlight on his hand then shone on me, as he bent down. Not wanting to attract his attention, I feigned sleep, as I heard his voice.

“And look what we have here. Bluey, Bluey, Bluey. Your apparently very expensive for a feral of mixed breeding. If your employer is not going to pay your ransom, we’d love to see whether you could beat our maze. Maybe we might even just take their money and test you anyway. You are so rare for a dirtrat, it’s like a joke.”

So, I’m a hostage, apparently.

~

As the iron door closed, I opened my eyes and sighed.

“Wondahfuww. Wai fwuffy awways git into dis twabbos?”

“Huu huu huu…”

That female voice came to the left of me. It was the one cage I had not looked yet, but the voice seemed familiar. As I turned around, I saw the cyan fluff, the purple mane, and more importantly, those goggles that I had seen purchased at Plymouth market. It was Wind! The beautiful mare who I saw kidnapped all those hours ago.

“Huu huu… fwuffy nu wan be hewe… fwuffy wan mummah…. Fwuffy wan gu home….”

The one girl who I had hoped for her safety was right beside me. But alas, we both faced the same predicament. Not sure what to do at that point, I tapped at her cage.

“Pwez nuu cwy, Wind.”

The mare was a bit surprised as she turned to me. Trying to control her hiccups, she asked, “How nyu fwen knu fwuffy namesie?”

“Fwuffy was at da mawket. Fwuffy saw mummah-ob-Wind buy nice hattie. Fwuffy awso saw meanie hummeh wun away wif Winde. Wowstest, baddest gangsta!”

“Fwuffy memba!”

“An’ Fwuffy mema ‘ou tuu. Fwuffy had biggest happies fwen Wynd nu hab foreba sweepies.”

The tears from Wind’s eyes started to lessen, as she started to calm down.

“Dun wowwy, Wind. Fwuffy wiww twy tuu find a way-”

“Pssst!”

That was a male voice, coming to my right. The pink fluffy was trying to tell us something.

“Gu sweepies! Munstah am comesies!”

The three of us quickly lay down, feigning sleep. I left one eyelid open, just to catch a quick glimpse of who was about to enter.

As the metal door opened, it was opened by a man with a torchlight. But there was something different. Unlike the other men, he had a thick beard, blonde hair, and a prominent Captain’s cap.

It was the Captain!

Against all hope, the Captain had tracked me to this place, wherever it was. As he kneeled down, he proceeded to take out what look like a key, as he unlocked my cage.

Having reunited with one of my best friends, but still fearing for the situation, I whispered, “Captain! Fwuffy am su gwad!”

“Not now, Blue, we’ve got to get out of here. There’s a big thing going on here, and the police didn’t believe my hunch. Looks like I have enough evidence though.”

As he said this, he took out a smartphone. With a few slightly audible clicks, the photos were sent.

“Now lets get out of here, Blue.”

But I tapped at the Captain. Even though he was one man, I was sure he could carry another fluffy by his side.

“Capten, ‘ou and fwuffy hab twy to find Wind. We shud take Wind wif us.”

There was a grudging look on the Captain’s face. But he nodded, as he unlocked Wind’s case.

As that happened, a loud sound came from the purple fluffy with sunglasses, as he puffed up his cheeks.

“Oi! Wet Smawty ow, dummeh!”

As that happened, the pink fluffy who had alerted me earlier was waving his hoof, as he said “Gudbai fwens. Pwez twy to save us when ‘ou can.”

A smirk lit on the Captain’s face. As he bent down, he took the key he had, and opened the cage. Not for the smartie, but for that rather helpful pink fluffy.

“DUMMEH HUMMEH! Smawtie wiww gib ‘ou wowstest huwties!”

With the three of us, the Captain then said, “Alright, lets make a run for the tug-“

As he said that, the metal door opened.

<<Prev | >First< | Next>>

9 Likes

Second part of a story which began here. Turns out what was supposed to be three parts is going to be four, but I might have the third part in a few hours, assuming things go to plan.

I’ll update the info once the third part is up. But I suspect some of you can already guess what this story is based off. More will be added to this post later, but for now, have the following tidbit:

2 Likes

Haven’t started reading yet but think it is suppose to be text, not image.

1 Like

Darn, I was looking forward to seeing the maze and find out more about what is going on. I guess I’ll just have to wait to figure out what else is going on.

2 Likes

really liking it so far!

2 Likes