Rosemary - Part Eleven (by Jim Profit)

The sad part her mother raised her as a “bestesh” baby too, but due to John’s loving care it didn’t go over…but now as a mother that idea came back at her.:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

In my headcanon, these concepts are taught. Either directly or indirectly. Her remembering her own mother and then mimicking that is exactly what I make part of my universe. I won’t get into the details too much, but seeing this made me think about it.

3 Likes

The other real option is to get rid of Rosemary and Fred and just keep the others, they are an awesome little bunch.

2 Likes

But its worrying em kids would cry for their mummah…

1 Like

Rosemary will probably be fine. The fact she showed contrition about what she did at all means that there’s a part of her that wants to be better; she was clearly taken aback by Fred’s behavior and at least tried to reprimand him in her own way. The real question will be how she reacts to John physically hitting her in the near future.

4 Likes

Yeah, everyone in this is a victim to some degree. No one will be walking away from his undamaged.

3 Likes

When fred start saying dummeh to John its almost a reaction for me John would have slap the foal then hittin him with a sorry stick.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed in people that person experience, tradition, and anecdotal information have more power than advice from others and unknown experts. Rosemary’s experience beating out daddy and television isn’t surprising.

Her not wanting to admit to her lie AND mistake isn’t either.

If anything, this is VERY human like behavior. And if hated one does have to ask if a severe reaction to it has roots in how people act but don’t get called on

4 Likes

Try to make him a Smarty-friend? He’ll be aggressive, but it can be channeled for good.

Actually, a “scared straight” Fluffy camp to train Hellgremlins using Smarty-friends and Toughies isn’t a bad idea.

Also, if only you could do that punishment with humans.

Summary

Fluffies have the minds of children.
Some just become teenagers.

At least Fluffies are cheaper.

2 Likes

What good mother would turn in her kid to the cops for acting up? Outside Florida anyway.

I did that in my story. Mother realizes she birthed a Smarty and kept it secret while teaching him to not be a little shit, since as an older Alicorn from a mill who was raised on movies and cartoons she had an awareness of brat tropes and Smarty fates. I kind of touched on it in the part of the prologue I put out but will explore it in detail later.

1 Like

tabasco “milk”, anal plug with tabasco,
sorry box with shit and 10h of horror sound recording,

2 Likes

I don’t think smarties can be fixed once they manifest the syndrome. They’re mentally broken at that point. Instead of the sorry box, Rosemary should just see her foal die and be told this is what happens to bestest babbehs and lying to daddy about it. If she goes into ‘wan die’ mode, then milkbag her to feed the remaining foals. Once they are weaned, get rid of her.

3 Likes

Different from what I would have done. First, I would make Rosemary admit her crimes giving her a hit from the sorry stick until she does, the have her tell Fred she was wrong, he was never the bestest babbeh, and now he’s a bad babbeh because of it. Then give her the sorry stick jr. And make her give him the first swot. Have a mirror there for him to see who did it. Then the rest.

3 Likes

Depends on the canon.

Genetic Smarties came after the lore that a Smarty is just the leader, usually a traumatized survivor. Spoiled Bestest was used as the reason why so many Smarties are terrible and dumb.

Hellgremlin Smarties who are permanently broken little sociopaths because they got told they were the favorite for the month that encompasses their entire childhood came after that.

Smarties were supposed to be as rare as Alicorns, now they are basically one for every litter and basically anything approaching self-esteem can turn a Fluffy into one.

Smarty-friends are making a comeback though I think. Just like having a swoll Fluffy or a Splorin, you recognize their personality and talents then cultivate it.

I don’t have a problem with good ‘herd leader’ types. It’s the arrogant, bullying, entitled, selfish, foal-raping a-hole ones that I can’t stand.

This foal is heading down that bad road fast, and Rosemary is mostly to blame for spoiling him.

4 Likes

As I’ve written more about fluffies, I’ve built a headcanon where most fluffies are decent or at least pretty well-meaning, and aren’t really bad or malicious. They fuck things up because they’re dumb and pathetic and not great at survival. I feel like smarties are pretty rare, and “smarty friends” are way more common, especially in the wild. I feel like most smarties are actually just slightly smarter fluffies who have had a leadership role forced on them, and they just do what they can to help their herds survive.

Maybe in the future I’ll explore smarty friends a bit and show that they’re not ALL pieces of shit.

Fred’s a fucking dick, though.

7 Likes

This ought be interesting then. It is nice to know where you’re coming from as well.

3 Likes