Ruby in Quickhorn style (artist: Carpdime)

rubyq

Picture of Ruby done in Quickhorn’s style. Quickhorn (+Buwwito) had a huge influence on how I saw fluffies stylistically.

This piece is part of the series where I depict the Avocadoverse characters in the style of various creators.

Happy little Buttercup in AlleyBalley style (artist: Carpdime)
Princess Pinky in Avocado Chapter 2 style (Artist: Carpdime)
Blueberry in OtherCoraline style (artist: Carpdime)

41 Likes

Love her calm smile :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Been comparing how you drew Ruby in her main story, as well as the picnic pic. A few things I did notice is the differences in the snout and eyes. The hooves are also slightly different. Still, Quickhorn’s style is very similar to yours @Carpdime :o , and also part of the reason why I consider his fluffy design a Type 1, much like yours.

That’s the calm smile of a fluffy in a low-stress, safe habitat. Healthy hide, just plump enough, perfectly raised. She’ll be great come the Holidays.

2 Likes

I characterize Quickhorns has having a predominantly round head shape (non-prominent cheeks) and a broken line fluff style in their later works. The broken line fluff style was what I think I really “borrowed” from their style.

I think a Quickhorn would look and feel a little like a koosh ball in real life, except the hairs are finer and a little more soft.

1 Like

You mean like this:

1 Like

Or like this: Ask FluffiesAreFood, Vol 1 #42

1 Like

@FluffiesAreFood @FallenAngel007 I’d should point out that this character of Carp’s, that being Ruby, is actually on her last legs. She is a significantly aged fluffy who was abandoned by her previous owner because she was not only too old, but also had a condition. The point of Ruby, in my humble opinion, is about aging gracefully, especially in the face of the twilight years. I get that particular topic you’re talking about seems fun, but I’d like to remind you not to be too keen to see any fluffy as delicacy.

That’s a pretty interesting analogy! I know @babbehteef has thought of the fluffy coat as being rather synthethic-like because of the whole biotoy idea, but I’ve been wondering if fluffy coats are actually more like wool or normal fur. Its definitely one of those ideas that would vary.

2 Likes

My apologies @Oculusfluffy :pensive: didn’t mean to be rude on it.

1 Like