Sadbox vs. Bleakbox

I didn’t say anything “requires” anything. I like the idea of subgenre and cross-genre boxes, and I will use labels for them if I want to.

If you don’t like them, that’s fine, but that doesn’t mean I’ll stop using them or that I need to.
Last I checked, using additional box labels isn’t against the rules, and I’m not petitioning for Bittersweetbox to be added as an official tag or category.

You use the word “usually” twice and still act like you’re stating facts.

No one ever told you you couldn’t use them. But just like you’re allowed to share your thoughts, so are we. That’s the cool thing about having opinions.

1 Like

Says the guy who’s stating his own opinions like they’re facts.
Kinda hypocritical.

You mean like you did here, like half an hour before my first reply?

Like I’ve said before, Retarddit permabanned me because they shit their pants over me calling retards “retards”.

1 Like

“U DID IT FURST”

So you admit that we’re both in the wrong, then?

And if I were to edit my comment to rephrase it more like an opinion, I bet you’d whine about that too.

PS: Btw, I don’t give a shit if you’re a mod now. I’ll still call you out for being a condescending dick. I’ve been treated like shit too many times to bother walking on eggshells again.

Oh and you forgot to quote this part by the way.

If you didn’t call me out because I’m a mod, I’d be upset. I don’t care if I’m the King of fuckin England, if you wanna cook me feel free to try.

1 Like

I dunno, that’s like saying sadness and depression are the same thing.

The real question is: does the box get its name from the perspective of the reader, or the subject? Reader perspective, I’d argue that bleakbox is its own thing, since it’s meant to induce helplessness at best. Subject perspective, accelerated sadbox works, since its aim is to sadden the reader.

I love genre discussion. :slight_smile: It’s so complex.

3 Likes

Well I’m glad you’re humble in this way at least.

I’ve dealt with my fair share of shit from people in various positions of power, from basically nothing like game mods to actual real life school teachers, so I’m always a bit on edge nowadays.

I look at it like this: I’m not right because I’m a mod, I’m right because I’m absolutely unfathomably fucking based

2 Likes

It feels a bit like you’re projecting - either your insecurity or your past negative experiences. We all state our opinions like they’re facts. Nobody bothers with a shaky “um, well, it’s just my opinion, uhh, but you know, I think that, but of course feel free to disagree, but…”

It’s whether we allow our opinions to be contended or not, that shows what they truly are.

And this really sounds like an opinion. But also, sometimes, some opinions are wrong, don’t forget about that.

1 Like

Well, I can’t argue with that.

But if I did try to cook you, wouldn’t you burn? ;p

Don’t turn my cheese brown. I’ll have to commit hara-kiri based on the internet racist by-laws.

1 Like

I’m not insecure about myself, but I have had negative experiences as I said.

I do jump the gun a lot if it seems like someone is talking down to me or accusing me of something I didn’t do (which I didn’t think Za did, but it’s happened before so I thought to mention it), even if they’re actually not.

I present here, what IMO is the penultimate Bleakbox that I know of.
I find it beyond Sadbox specifically because it could so easily have been a real animal and not just something that haooens to fluffies.

3 Likes

They are fun anyway.

Yeah, that note absolutely makes it bleakbox. Mind, Joyce(?) wasn’t very smart, not checking to see if the place was even open. Guess she was distracted.

You are not right because there are only two boxes: Hugbox and Sadbox.

Abuse is just a “flavor” (good way of putting it.)

And Weird is just an artist venting or autism, usually autism.

1 Like

I think that the full range of sub-boxes is best shown on a 4 quadrant graph.

The X axis would be “Plebian to Patrician”

The Y axis would be “Autistic to Erudite”

Clockwise from top-left would be Abuse, Sadbox, Hugbox, Weirdbox.

All others would be somewhere on this graph.