Stuff, Boil, Serve (Artist:Carpdime) (Fluffybooru id: 31941)

69 Likes

One of the latter images Carp uploaded prior to his first main hiatus. Fluffy and foal stuffed, boiled and served.

This was used as an illustration for “The last fluffy meat farms in America.”

5 Likes

Its a little surreal to see this given Carpdime is one of the artists I most associate with hugbox. Granted, I’m a new comer, so I’ve only seen a small portion of his work.

Fun fact: every year for the past… 10? I’ve been trying to get the family to let me try making a turducken for Thanksgiving here in the USA. Keep getting shot down every time :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Carpdime’s art is actually mostly neutralbox in its totality. Granted his content has seemed a bit “softer” recently, his original content oscillated between abuse and hugbox. In addition, I would add that this image is more “neutralbox” than “abuse” because it shows how a fluffy is being cooked, and doesn’t actually show its death/abuse, kind of like showing an already “prepared” chicken.

5 Likes

I think the idea of eating something that can talk to me hits a note that isn’t neutral, but isn’t abuse. I’d have to ponder that. Be like me going to someplace that served cat or dog as food - its less an intellectual thing and more emotional.

3 Likes

Nice love this Carpdime.

3 Likes

Oh, yeah! Sorry. Yes, this is very good work @Carpdime! I would certainly try it if put in front of me.

(and clear across the country my ethical-vegan friend’s head has just exploded, I’m sure)

3 Likes

You can tell that this was one of the many inspirations for my recent story, though the idea of workers having to wear special voice modulators to rear fluffies was the bigger idea in my head.

And yes, I would agree with you actually. I can get a detach myself from a pig, but its harder with a dog or cat, and even much harder with a parrot, dolphin and raven, which are not to be even more intelligent. Its why I wouldn’t eat a fluffy

3 Likes

Pigs are pretty smart. I think the main difference is less “which is smarter” and more “which is a pet.” Which varies considerably from culture to culture. Hell, what is food versus a pest varies. There’s a growing effort to get USA citizens to start at least consider eating insects (something I think over half the world does already?).

I’ve heard a few conversations about dolphins are actually bastards, so… I don’t think eating one would bother me.

3 Likes

Would you believe that I did my research into pig intelligence while working on said story? Pigs have also been known to demonstrate tool usage. And yet, I still can’t see myself “not” eating a pig unless I kept one as a pet, or it could “talk”. I think thats another thing that bugs me about fluffies in an industrial setting - it works as a good metaphor for the cruelty of industralizing animals, but the approach seems lost on people.

3 Likes

I tend to equate it with puppy mills and such. Hadn’t thought to apply the thinking to industrialized livestock like pigs or chickens. And egad, chicken houses. They were unpleasant to live around. Stank the whole area up, even worse during the summer.

I could see a fluffy mill being absolutely unbearable to be around during a humid Georgia summer, then even worse for those living inside.

3 Likes

Uuuu! Gonna be using this trick!

1 Like

Get a sous vide set up. Y’all thank me later

1 Like

I prefer grilled onions and asparagus with my stuffed foals with a nice red wine

2 Likes

Doesn’t this mean we could use fluffy meat to end world hunger?

1 Like

Nah man. World hunger is a problem of supply chains

1 Like

Y yes we could it cheap plentiful and they breed like rabbits on steroids so meat is never in short demand

1 Like

@StahlherzSuccubus @XNIGHTX

No. Even if that is the case, meat doesn’t last. There’s a reason why tonnes of potatoes was thrown away last year.

Its all about supply chains. Its why logistics and transport is so important. World hunger happens because food doesn’t reach certain places. Even if meat is large supply in one place, it takes logicstics and laws for said food to reach another country.

Just to drive the point a bit more:

2 Likes

But both the parent and Foal are alive in the stuffing portion, presumably boiled alive as well. That’d be Abuse.

1 Like

Its hard to know. For all you know the fluffy may have already been dead but had the eye “exposed” prior to stuffing. It is possible it could be force fed but, and if I were preparing a animal for cooking, I’d have be already dead (and its innards removed) as I dont want it to be digesting its stuffing (if you get what I mean)

2 Likes