The American Dream (Part 35) by DreamMLP

You followed him over the hill, to where the rest of the herd was. Near a tiny pond was a series of nests constructed with bits of dead leaves, sticks, and human litter. Off the bat you counted five full-grown fluffies, and four babies.

“Wiww gib Dweam chance to join hewd,” The smarty said. “Fo’ few bwight times Dweam wiww be nummie findah. Fin’ gud nummies an’ uo can stay. Nu fin’ gud nummies an’ uo weave.”

You gave him a nod. He began to introduce you to the herd. Starting with a teal green earthie stallion with a blue mane.

“Dis am Tuffie. Smawty’s bwuddah an’ tuffie fwen. Do wha’ smawty teww ‘uo or Tuffie gib huwties.”

Tuffy studied you with violet eyes. Smarty pointed to a dark green pegasus mare with a lime mane and grey eyes. You saw around her neck a faded collar, the type humans would sometimes give.

“Dis am Bwossom, Smawty’s speshaw fwiend.”

She was nursing two foals: one a blue unicorn like Smarty, with a purple mane. The other a yellow earthie with a grassy green mane, and a third was running about when he noticed you. He ran up to you, his body red, his mane light blue with a small horn, and he peered up at you with yellow eyes.

“Nyu fwiend? Wan pway?”

CRUNCH! ‘NUUUUU! BESTEST BABBEH!’

You shook your head, and moved away. Smarty directed you to another mare. She was an orange earthie, with a dark red mane and brown eyes. Her full attention was being given to a purple foal, it still hadn’t opened its eyes, and was probably only a few days old. It sucked from the mare as she sang it her mummah song.

“Sunwy!” Smarty said, “Hab nyu fwuffy, is daddeh fwuffy, hab babbeh wit’ nu mummah. Need miwkies.”

Sunny stopped her singing and perked her head up. “Nyu babbeh fo’ Sunwy? Yay! Wan’ see babbeh!”

You turned your head, picking up your foal in your mouth, and setting him down in front of her. Her smile faded.

“Dat… am poopie babbeh. Poopie babbeh nu can hab miwkies! Am onwy fo’ pwetty babbeh!”

“Is poopie babbeh,” Smarty agreed. “Nu should hab miwkies, buh Dweam say am gud nummie findah, wiww see about dah’ wateh. Buh babbeh nee miwkies fo’ Dweam untiw den, an’ Dweam wiww fin’ extwah nummies fo Sunwy to make mowe miwkies fo babbehs. Nao gib poopie babbeh miwkies.”

Reluctantly, and with some grumbling, Sunny let your babbeh crawl to her and begin suckling. She began to sing again.

“Mummah wub babbeh… babbeh wub mummah… dwink wots ob miwkies…”

She only sang to the one foal, hers. Yet still, you were satisfied that your foal was being fed. Finally, Smarty took you to the last herd member. A unicorn, violet in color, with a red mane and blue eyes. He was sorting through a small pile of berries, leaves, and bits of human trash when you approached.

“Dis am Scowt, am nummie findah.”

Scout circled you, sniffing around and examining you.

“’Ou wiww go wit’ Scout nex’ bwight time to fin’ nummies fo’ hewd,” Smarty said. “Scout wiww see how good Dweam is.”

Scout finished his circling, lifting his eyes to meet yours. “Am smaww fwuffy, smeww wike boo-boo juice, buh nu can see boo-boo juice.”

Smarty turned to you. “Wewcome to Smawty’s hewd.”

Previous Part

Next Part

17 Likes

Whut whut the fuck just happened there?

1 Like

pretty much the same as what happens here

1 Like

Yes I get that it died but who or what did it?

no clue, that sick son of a bitch didn’t leave behind any clues

1 Like

I believe the bit in italics is Dream’s memory intruding, the scene of his special friend’s bestest babbeh being killed.

2 Likes

Hm possible

I was confuse as well was it a flashback for Dream?

@Krieg @ill_do_it_myself @Lupusam @FallenAngel007

The foal reminds him of the one from… earlier

sorry if that wasn’t clear enough

5 Likes

I see that clear things up much better,thanks :+1:

1 Like

Thanks vor the clearance

It was obviously a flashback to him stomping on the red babbeh. The entire story he’s been having flashes back to traumatic moments

1 Like