"The Biggest Litterbox" (Author: RQ) {FB ID: 37950}

Nothing like a good story about hoarders to get you to clean your room, right?

4 Likes

Or not. Saying “well at least my home isn’t /that/ bad” can help us relax. You’ve got a mountain of soda pop cans? Well at least it’s not used diapers, amirite?

3 Likes

Heh, I guess some people work differently

2 Likes

love this story, love how long is was, I wish he got out tho :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Goddamn this was a good read. Excellent description of the horrendous living conditions and fresh take on how the life just drains from the domestic fluffies face when he realizes what a terrible mistake he made. God. The smell. The unnecessary pain and suffering. I know hoarders are mentally-ill, but some people really don’t deserve the right to own animals if they can’t even take care of themselves and consistently put others in harm’s way because they’re too lazy to clean.

5 Likes

IKR that story is the story of the ages.

5 Likes

This is fantastic. The mental illness of horders is on full display here with tragic consequences for everyone and everything involved. There’s people who live like this everywhere in the country and it’s always awful.

1 Like

I used to think this story was too extreme but about a year ago I found out some chick I knew from highschool went full-cat lady and was living in a similar way. Its like she just gave up or something.

Anyway, wish somebody would make a full comic with this story but afaik the only thing we have its a small strip from twistee and only with the final scene

4 Likes

Oh I would looove to adapt this but it would need to be something like a full album… 30+ pages. I am way too slow to make that work in my spare time ;_;

3 Likes

Still my favorite quote from RQ. I quote that often

When I first read this story on the Booru, it was so vivid and emotional that it hung around in my head for a week after. Really good writing. shudders

My first thought was an ad for bacon bits… Mmm yummy!

1 Like

I dont think anyone could put that much detail, even that comic I mentioned was black&white when the author almost always did full color strips

2 Likes

Oh God what the fuck. Too real. RQ why?

Excellent story btw.

1 Like

By the gods thats was the most harrowing fluffy story I’ve ever read. You monsters <3

3 Likes

Man… the buddhists were right.

1 Like

Will keep that in mind next time someone attempts to castrate me, or I “choose” to become mentally ill :wink:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BestofRedditorUpdates/comments/zqr97h/oops_wife_is_an_extreme_pet_hoarder_and_craves_a/

This is the most wonderfully hopeless story ever and I love it.

1 Like

Today I learned what celerity means.

Fantastic story. I loved how the situation was more nuanced and complicated than most, but the fluffy’s black and white worldview lead to it being unable to comprehend it. I wonder if fluffy pony vasectomies are a thing for owners who don’t want to remove their balls entirely. Very sad and I’m certain there’s a lot of lonely old people out there who would make unhealthy decisions related to fluffies if they were real. The situation reminds me a bit of Chris-chan, or perhaps Nurgle worshipers.

Spay and neuter your pets, people. Always. Keep your environment clean, too, it helps so much.