The Steady Decline (Opinion Piece by Oculus)

Youre on crack. Where do your statements end and begin

6 Likes

Honestly i fuckin hate the use of jellenheimers as skmething other than horror or weirdbox. People who are like “oh they feed on fluffy suffering” like my god isnt people torturing these things enough lmao

14 Likes

Or if fluffies can fly n shoot fire and stuff. It’s a cute pet not… That?

3 Likes

You know what, maybe im a hypocrite cause im fine with superheroes and fantastical stuff. Its just that the jellenheimer idea seems ridiculously “hot topic” for lack of a better term

5 Likes

I for one am simply uneducated on fluffies
My knowledge is from what stories I’ve read and old abuse comics.
I don’t like the overuse of poopy babies and smarties and especially bitch mare syndrome
these things are great writing elements but I see them a lot

Is there some kind of fluffy bible as it were? or if not…*pulls up chair

“Oculus, can you tell us about the before times? In the long, long ago?”

7 Likes

sigh

You can read about how it all started on 4chan.

@OhNoOhPlsNo also did a very good comic about it

10 Likes

Sorry if that came off annoying. Was going for funny.
I truly agreed with many point you’ve written, despite my lack of knowledge

7 Likes

If anything they’d be angels of mercy given how they kill quickly, even if messily.

I think @Jedan is the only non-cameo Jellens I’m fond of.

I tried writing something horror for them, and it just doesn’t feel like it works. They’re kind of just a visual thing it seems. Or a Doctor Who villain, but I kind of like the more grounded sci fi for Fluffies to be honest. Orphan Black rather than Spiderverse, you know.

8 Likes

d’awww shucks UwU

6 Likes

they can literally just watch.
step 1) sit your ass in a breeding mill/fluff-tv back rooms
step 2) contemplate this shit
step 3) live forever

5 Likes

i am still sad that Kenny died before you found your way into a less narrow-minded place. maybe he was a deformed jellen, but it is what made him special.

6 Likes

There’s degrees. I like mares prioritizing foals based off of colors or other non-important features. Each foal gets fed, gets attention, gets love. But the bestes babbeh is always first and the poor-colored have to wait their turn.

What I don’t like are karen-like bitches who will starve a baby, force it to eat feces, cripple/murder it, or sell it off as a sex slave because of the color of it’s fluff.

Having favorites is a very child-like thing to do (and though they won’t admit it, human parents have favorites amongst their children). Killing children because of some arbitrary color scheme just makes fluffies assholes and gives way to mare hellgremlins.

14 Likes

I’m pretty certain you didn’t actually read the post.

8 Likes

Imagine typing out a wall-o-text like this about imaginary pony toys. lol

j/k. In all seriousness, I appreciate your introspective takes on the fluffy fandom, @Oculusfluffy May not see eye to eye with you on many things, but I really appreciate you archiving the fluffy history and the culture of it’s fandom.

This is a large part of it. And my 2 cents, I think it has something to do with community size. The bigger a community gets, the more anonymous you are as an individual and the easier it is to dehumanize others and be an asshole. You can see the difference between here and the subreddit. There’s a few dozen contributors here and maybe a 100 or so regulars who like to comment and leave feedback. It’s easier to get to know people here. And when you get to know someone you (99% of the time) want to treat them nicely and hope their reciprocate.

On the sub, there’s just too many people. It’s too easy to be an asshat to someone and assume you’ll never see them again. Or create a new account to regain your anonymity. I think the size of the community, the fact that you can’t comment anonymously (like on the booru and reddit), and the inability to downvote has really helped make the FC a better experience than the booru and the sub.

13 Likes

I’m not fond of the syndromes being objective truth.

One of the “rules” is most information on their creation was lost, or at least what would allow you to easily create new kinds.

But somehow its assumed that there’s an inherited Smartiness genetically, despite Smarties being at a severe disadvantage for survival and constantly culled. That just breeding too quickly overwrites both programming and personality. Plus sometimes people editing them and creating new versions, but not actually fixing them or making anything that isn’t a Fluffy. Usually just a cannibal and smarter Fluffy that rides the designated cool character’s shoulder like a parrot.

Not to mention the technology used to make Fluffies apparently just doesn’t exist anymore, Hasbio made it and people have a better chance altering Fluffies than rediscovering it. Magic also seems to not be a thing unlike early stuff, unless shit gets really weird. @FallenAngel007 is the idea I like the most here and kind of want to use, and for my contribution there’s a LOT more modified things, including humans. Fluffy hate for being “unnatural” is cultural hate, and I really want to have a Fluffy that’s got more human DNA than the human torturing him point it out. But I digress.

I can get Poopies, it parodies how MLP has so few naturally colored Ponies and why none are important or marketed characters, ever. I can get Alicorns, it explains why the objectively superior ponies according to MLP logic are not replacing the other breeds or eradicating Smarties. Both is overused, and I’m not super fond of it being universal. But whatever.

There’s also people with a perfect understanding of how breeding works, to say nothing of companies profiting off Hasbio’s intellectual property. If they aren’t animals (though their lineages can be copyrighted too if genetic tests prove unlicensed ancestry).

Also how Foal-In-A-Can cannot possibly make money. I kind of like the idea, but it makes no sense as usually presented.

Its just all very contradictory and it frustrates me when I start to think further into the author’s universe for something to reference or learn from.

I bring up Fluffy durability so much for a reason. For comedy it works, it fails hard for stories where Fluffies can chew cornstalks but annoy a human specifically by them being so pathetic that their full biting force feels like humming. The author is doubly justifying abuse, saying they are dangerous and also so harmless their existence doesn’t matter. The contradiction cancels out both. The rest of the work is severely diminished by it.
I admit I am cheating by using breeds of varying degrees of capability and mentality so I can taste every cake and finish them at will though.

10 Likes

Wait, the Jellen is alive in the last page I saw.

2 Likes

Agreed
I don’t mind seeing them, but I feel like some stories have all of them and in great quantities.
A story about an underdog poopy baby or a loving mare suddenly being mean after littering could be great but all of it together feels like a hat on a hat.

3 Likes

I’d agree based on personal experience.

Though as a teen we often discard, even destroy our things because we no longer care for, or are embarrassed by them.

Plus I recall the guy from the Netflix show talking about how he got a Go-bot instead of a Transformer for his birthday so he chucked it into a fire.

2 Likes

I think even this site has a rule against jellens being the focus of the story, so I think he was doomed from the start. I had an idea revolving around the nature of learning to love again after suffering, but I didn’t know jellens couldn’t be the protagonist

6 Likes

That’s something people complained about?

I swear I read a story with one as the main character figuring out what it is. Like Jellen is Fluffy Limbo.

3 Likes