The Toy Factory by Gardel

I’ve had dog before as part of “street cuisine “

It’s very gamey, I’d rather eat a fluffy

6 Likes

Wuv!

4 Likes

I think it’s extremely hypocritical to believe it’s okay to unnecessarily kill and eat some animals but not others, despite the fact that all animals in question are sentient and capable of feeling emotions.

It’d be one thing to defend the farming of insects and other invertebrates (apart from some exceptions like octopuses, who are extremely intelligent), but all vertebrates are sentient, and there have been countless examples of animals you consider livestock as being just as intelligent (sometimes moreso) and loving as cats and dogs.

No animal deserves to be abused and mistreated, be it a cat, a rabbit, a mouse, a cow, a chicken, or a fish. No animal deserves to be crowded in inhumane conditions just to be killed for greedy individuals who eat things because they want to and not because they need to.

And plus, lab-grown meat is a thing and should be supported so it can replace the current meat industry. Vegetable burgers and similar plant-based food products are also good alternatives. Hell, even the aforementioned farming of invertebrates would be a better alternative to the current meat industry.

And let’s not forget the horrible impact that the current meat industry has on the environment.

PS: And no, before anyone suggests it, I do NOT support PETA. They kidnap pets and murder them, and have paid someone to skin a tanuki alive to try and make a point. They are just as evil as any other animal abuser.

3 Likes

I have to suppose tensions around the world must be running high today, because most of this conversation was not necessary at all. Especially the accusations and name calling.

12 Likes

Bah. All I did was ask him not to necrobump and to leave me alone. He’s the one who flew off the handle. Granted, I should have walked away from the convo the second I smelt rancor but that parts my fault.

3 Likes

Her*

1 Like

Прощай, дурочка :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This was a great read. 9.2/10 for realism.

5 Likes

Those final 4 paragraphs. Damn. Fluffies are so worthless that people prefer imitation fluffies made from real fluffies over the actual thing. Which they could get for free…

I love how people still like fluffies in your headcanon. They buy plushies, after all. But people more love the IDEA of fluffies: bright, happy, cheerful, clean, loving, hopeful creatures. And they love that ideal so much that they willfully ignore the actual imperfect fluffies suffering all around them.

Absolutely amazing story.

12 Likes

Your “whole point” is an opinion. It’s morally wrong to steal someone’s pet, it’s morally wrong to torture an animal.

But it’s not MORE morally wrong to steal someone’s pet dog than it is to steal a pet rat. It’s not more MORALLY wrong to torture a cat to death than it is to torture an opossum to death. You PERSONALLY find it more upsetting, but that’s your own opinion. It’s no more “objective” than any other personal preference.

There is zero moral difference between eating a dog, cat, horse, pig, whatever. If it’s livestock, it’s livestock. It’s what the word “livestock” means, literally living stock. Is it ethically dubious? Why yes. Yes it is.

Newsflash: Eating meat requires the systematic slaughter of other conscious beings, and that might be morally questionable. You’re not better for refusing to eat cats and dogs, those are just your exceptions.

It’s not based on intelligence. Pigs are smarter than dogs, we eat pigs. It’s not based on ability to think abstractly, dogs are particularly shitty at that. Meanwhile, Octopi have SCIENTIFICALLY VERIFIED SENSES OF HUMOR and I can fucking eat them in all fifty states.

TL;DR I necroposted to say “people in glass houses shouldn’t whine about what their neighbors eat”

2 Likes

I did not read the text, because im lazy, but i was dragged here because of the animation!

3 Likes

Do I have to delete my damned comment or something? It’s been almost TWO MONTHS.

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ!

4 Likes

I mean yeah, it was a really dopey hot take. I’d recommend deleting it. Maybe try to remember that your own personal cultural values are neither superior nor universal.

Or you could keep rolling this boulder up the hill. I’m sure you’ll get there soon, champ.

3 Likes

Oh the snark!

I get it now. You’re just trying to rile me up. No more from me.

See you, space cowboy.

2 Likes

Nobody is trying to rile you up. You’re just being pointlessly aggressive about what amounts to a personal preference. We get it. You don’t want to eat dogs. That doesn’t mean that cultures where dogs are raised and slaughtered as livestock are any more wrong than cultures where we do that to cows and pigs.

It’s not that complicated. “It makes me uncomfortable” and “it’s universally morally wrong” are not the same thing, and being a douchebag about it on the internet just makes you look narrow minded and ignorant of other cultures.

3 Likes

Exactly

6 Likes

This is beautiful. The despair is palpable. Well done

3 Likes

Excellent.

2 Likes

Fucking brutal

1 Like