What is a Sensitive Baby?

So I’m new here and I’m just curious what a Sensitive Baby is. Any answers would help!

4 Likes

From what I understand, it’s a foal that gets more attention not so much because it’s the ‘favorite’ but because despite it aging it does not develop like other fluffies

Their eyes remain closed, teeth do not grow in, and they’re usually fat as hell

5 Likes

Read and educate yourself.

5 Likes

This and the story can give you a clue

Fluffy genetic developmental disorder.
The foal does not develop past the opening of their eyes.
They don’t even peep, using chirps like newborns.
They also get easily distressed and will cry if not near their mother at any moment, the fluffy mother notices how the foal acts and dubs him as being “sensitive”, and receives favorite treatment.

It also get’s fatter due to not exercising like the other foals, who wiggle and play even as newborns.

5 Likes

Sensitive Babies are developmentally stunted so they never grow out of the “newborn” mindset, so they never talk and only drink milk. Since the mom cares extra for her newborns, and a sensitive babbeh is like a permanent newborn, it gets extra attention and care.

I’m not sure that’s helpful, it just looks like a regular pillowed babbeh…

1 Like

I’ve came back after reading to say the same, he confused sentive baby for a derped foal.

It’s actually this one that has in-universe explanation for it explicitly spelled out

2 Likes

It was a sensitive babbeh on that story

I prefer the first one, which simply describes the foal and it’s differences rather than spoon feeding an explanation.
Which is a microcosm for me not wanting to spoon feed OP.

3 Likes

Maybe, but if it’s not recognizable as a sensitive babbeh in the image, then it can give the guy asking the wrong idea. It’s better to go straight to the original Sensitive Babbeh source to avoid a game of telephone, which could lead to an outcome like “all sensitive babbehs can talk, they’re just so dumb they need diapers”.

2 Likes

I think this fandom is already confusing enough, and I wouldn’t call spoonfeeding when you just post a source that answers the question in a clearer manner.

If I had personally interpret SBS, I’d say it’s a fluffy equivalent of ASD. To the point of - depending on headcanon - SBS also being a spectrum. Because I recall some works which had morbidly obese foals who were perfectly capable of formulating demands for miwkies and mother malnourishing other foals because this one is “sensitibe”.

5 Likes

No offense intended.
I simply preferred when it was less common and didn’t require an acronym.
As for the fandom, I find that those that seek their own answers with a gentle nudge tend to fair far better in the long run. The answers to any question anyone might have are all here in countless stories and art. I myself learned by taking in content and have noticed that those that don’t tend to lose interest. But of course, that’s just one dude’s opinion.

5 Likes

I’ve always taken it to be a baby that’s mentally disabled and, as others say, never grows beyond the ‘baby’ stage. It never learns to talk beyond vague grunts and mumbles, it can barely walk, probably can’t see or hear very well, can’t process proper food and requires liquid food (or just milk) for it’s entire life, and is generally a burden on it’s family.

Source: I am a burden on my family.

7 Likes

Its like poetry, it rhymes

1 Like

SBS is the key to all this, if we get SBS working. Cause it’s a funnier concept than we’ve ever had in the booru…

2 Likes

Also some dont develop opening their eyes until like much much later or not at all and they remain closed indefinitely either due to stimuli overload or just stunting. In addition, it gets fatter depending on Headcanon, due to always being near the mare/dam and essentially has its food source right in front of it whenever its needed… its not like Bestest Babbeh favoritism, a bit like an off-branch where a mare may prioritize feeding the SBS foal over the others by simply letting it feed first but will still care for all her foals… its basically the mare’s folley with resource management. Also due to their mass they will consume a good portion of the milk supplies before the rest get a chance to. Thrn as the days or weeks fo by the SBS will gain mass and require more milk and this can lead to the starvation to the other foals.

1 Like

It really depends on the headcanon, but at its most basic, its a fluffy that remains mentally stunted at the chirpy/young foal stage and typically can’t talk.

The rest can differ, with it sometimes affecting the fluffy physically to the point where they never grow in their teeth and manes, in others the fluffy is physically identical to a normal fluffy. In some headcanons its some kind of condition they are born with while it others it’s brought on by being given too much milk. How their mothers treat them can also vary, with some being coddled and becoming obese, while in others they are rejected.

In my headcanon specifically, its a genetic developmental disorder that doesn’t become apparent till the talky baby stage. It runs on a spectrum of high-functioning and low-functioning, with low-functioning being physically stunted into resembling large chirpies their whole lives and unable to care for themselves while high-functioning have normal physical development and can be trained in things like litterbox use and other simple tasks. Low-functioning is more famous among the general public despite being rarer but high-functioning has become more popular with people who don’t usually like fluffies due to their inability to talk and more docile, obedient natures.

2 Likes

Also depends on HC some can be swapped over to drinking formula or transferred to a nursing mare.

Think low functioning autism and you’re pretty much there

5 Likes