What is a Sensitive Baby?

I personally like to think of them as the shitty, throwaway crap that a place made.

I say rather that sensitive baby syndrome is mor3 like the fluffy version of autsim

I generally see it as something more comparable to down’s syndrome. More perhaps something entirely unique to fluffies given their screwy, artificial genetic code.

More like a permanent brain fog which due to too much milk, like i think their not fully brain dead but they should be.

Sensitib OP

1 Like

Ah! You took the words right outta my mouth, reading others description of sbs.

Low funtioning autism if rainman was high functioning autism

OP, it’s a pretty new concept, but so far it looks like hivecanon is going the “it’s an actual disability/developmental disorder” route.

I personally prefer to think it’s the incompetence of the mother stunting the foal’s growth, sparked by the mare enthusiastically interpreting a single interaction when the foal appeared more distressed than the others. Because that’s hilarious to me, idk.

Then again, I can be sensitib!! (lol) to my disability being portrayed this way in my funsies place when it happens way too much in real life. For my personal preference, and it is just my preference, I’d say keep writing SBS however you like, but keep mah tism out of yer mouth.

3 Likes

Oh i was feeling the same way i just didnt want to go against the grain.

I get ya. I would mind less if people would stop talking about disability as if it was the foal’s fault. Doesn’t give me high hopes for how they treat humans with disabilities, and we get enough of that IRL anyway.

3 Likes

Eh 'tism is a hell of a wide range of experiences. Some do well enough to live alone and you’d be surprised to hear they had it. Some would be lucky if they can walk on two legs. Some aren’t that lucky.

1 Like

That’s just a pillowed, derped retard.

A sensitive baby is basically an ultra-autistic snowflake babbeh that drinks milk constantly and acts like a chirpy even after it’s supposed to be talking and walking around. The mother, usually an overbred breeder who’s had to see a lot of babbehs grow up and go away, enables this behavior because she wants a forever-babbeh.

So you have a parasitic relationship where babbeh wants to be a widdwe babbeh forever, and mummah wants babbeh to be a widdwe babbeh forever. Babbeh just lays there chirping at the top of its lungs and sucking down mummah’s miwkies nonstop for the rest of its life, growing obese, and never doing anything useful or really doing anything for itself period. Mummah even cleans it’s shitty ass for the rest of its life after it craps where it sits. If it’s denied something, it will scream until mummah gives it what it wants.

There’s probably a neurological component to all of this, but fuck me I just hate sensitive babbehs so much. They make me absolutely homicidal.

2 Likes

Thank you for perfectly illustrating my point.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m glad you noticed that I went out of my way to say that it’s partly the mother’s fault and that there’s likely a neurological issue. Realistically, of course these creatures shouldn’t be blamed for being the way they are. It’s not their fault they were born with a brain that wouldn’t develop correctly.

But fluffies aren’t real. They’re whatever we want to make of them. Some of us think it’s funny when they’re stupid, self-defeating assholes that are also cute and clueless and undeserving of their torment. Me saying a fluffy makes me homicidal means I want to see it suffer, not that I want to hurt real people, which should be obvious… Are we really having this discussion?

And I don’t understand the comparison to real-world disabled people. Disabled people are people, not fluffies. Just because I think fluffies should be tortured doesn’t mean I want to torture disabled people… Or even that I think of disabled people when I think of fluffies. Like, again, are we really having this conversation?

2 Likes

The thing i find infuriating is that everyone points at No Miwkies as an example that a mummah will ignore her other foals in favor of a Sensitibe Babbeh.

But the foals in the story and comic are healthy, loved, and hitting development milestones. The only harm comes due to the intervention of the human in the story, and his viewpoint is not objective or unbiased.

Is the sensitibe babbeh healthy? No. But it’s not some parasite leading to the imminent death of its family.

Hell, the sbs pegasus even alerts when it needs to go to the litterbox. While that’s not as good as going independently, it’s better than the behavior of “normal” foals at that age range in most work.

2 Likes

It literally is a parasite but maybe not a debilitating one

Autism fluffy

1 Like

Rainman and its consequences have been a disaster for the autistic community

2 Likes

Wasn’t rainman just a prodigy with fast eyes who could count cards?

Nah he was severely autistic too, a classic depiction of an “idiot savant”

2 Likes