What's in it for You? Why do you come back to fluffies?

@PeppermintParchment found the game by Foxhoarder.
I just said it figures that it would be hers.

Yeah I used the email I normally do, I was wondering why this was my name. I think this is what I set it up as originally and then you changed my name? Whatever the other one was, delete it if possible. This one can be Anger3D

I came to the community looking for any news about " Fluffy Runner " and @jberg360. I got really caught up in it and wanted more.

Two years or so later: still lurking and being an ass. This place is the worst habit I’ve ever formed.

I missed seeing all this during the switchover.

@Virgil Thank you for ( gestures to site ) everything. May your enemies find you in a pile of spent brass if they find you at all.

2 Likes

To follow up on a post I made earlier in this thread, I find and notice that a lot of people come to fluffies as a means of catharsis, whether its for some difficulty in their life or they’re in a dark place, or as some form of stress relief due to the pressures of the real world. While I understand the reasoning behind both of those, I feel that there is no staying power in either approach. We have seen examples of people who move out of the dark place, and find that fluffies no longer work as the catharsis for them, with some even wanting to disassociate with some of the dark content they made. The same would apply to the stress relief content, which doesn’t doesn’t really add much to fluffies.

I believe that fluffies can be interesting despite their limitations and flaws. I do think that this is a genre that has a lot of potential, especially since it has in many ways moved on from its MLP origins. Heck, I think that just the prospect of fluffspeak alone is very interesting, since its practically like working with an entirely new language. Yes, I do find fluffies very fun and rewarding, and its a reason why I will still stay (especially since I still have some stories I have to work on)

1 Like

I’m both a hugboxer and an abuse container.
And my approach is a bit different to both streams of content
Un named fluffies get abuse they are throw away characters why bother with developing them ?

While named fluffies get hugbox\sadbox and do get developed in to characters, so that what happens to them hopefully has some meaning from a story point of view.
Though writing stories about fluffies is difficult at times.

I think fluffies are interesting because of their limitations.
That they can endeavor to try and be better or overcome their limitations.
Without their limitations they wouldn’t be fluffies and they would be boring.

You should definitely stay.

1 Like

I keep coming back because good shock art that doesnt rely on isms is hard to find.

Isms ?

Racism, sexism, ect. The elements are present in fluffy art occaisionally, (a multitude of stories by a colourful community leaves this all open) but the main idea is just so joyful and painful. Its such a bright colour for such a twisted pain, very original. Im addicted.

Boredom mostly, with a little bit of practising for writing

Fluffies are like soap operas in a way, each story will take similar elements that are almost consistent across the different genres. Huggies and Wub, addiction to sketti, bitch-mares, poopies babbehs, etc.

That baseline makes the bones of the story easy to start with, coming up with different skins for the story and how to use and not use those tropes which makes things interesting. I could come up with 100 Fluffy stories and some parts will be familiar, but that just makes the unique elements stick out all the more.

Ah, fair enough.
That makes sense.

I honestly find writing fluffies hard, because they are little idiots and you need to move them in such ways that makes the story work.
It’s like writing Beavis and Butthead, which was a chore from what I heard, cause they are so dimwitted.
That being said, while i cant think up 100 fluffy stories, all I need is a single something which can spark off a torrent of ideas.

I really should read more fluffy stories here but the multipart ones are somewhat intimidating.
Rather go for one shots myself.

Sorry I got you into this mess.
Hopefully you saw Fluffy Runner finally got finished.

1 Like

Another familiar name returning.

I chose to be here, no worries. I came for the suffering, and boy oh boy did everyone deliver.

Yup, I read through it. Which reminds me I need to do so again. So thank you for the comic, and for finishing what you started.

1 Like

Fluffies suffer like G did.

1 Like

I remember seeing fluffies back on /b/ and always enjoying those threads. Eventually I stopped going on 4chan (mostly) and they were forgotten. Then I found fluffies again somehow on reddit this year and was amazed that they were still “alive.” It was a blast from my past, so to speak. Amazed how something I never gave another thought to until I was “reunited,” It was kinda like a time machine. I only head about the booru, and never got to experience it, so I’m pretty elated that this community exists. I’m glad this new fluffy community exists, so fluffies don’t have to go extinct. Plus all the new artists rock, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Jaro already responded to you, but I felt like putting in my own 2 cents.

I don’t think you should feel sorry. While I am a hugboxer, and joined the fluffy fandom due to my interest in its hugbox, wierdbox and worldbuilding, my initial exposure to the fluffy fandom was was its sadbox and abuse. Yes, I had to look past the “darker” elements to see the brighter elements, but both are very much a part of this fandom. Furthermore, I believe there is a potential to this fandom that some don’t realize, which is why I don’t regret joining it.

1 Like

Middle school, or so I saw a youtube vid where someone voiced the lines to this comic about a guy finding a Scootaloo colored foal in (a rainy?) street? I found the booru from there. I wonder if that story ever finished. Sad ending I’m guessing.

Scootafluff was never finished but what was made is gold

1 Like

@Shadysmarty mad an appearance recently, and said he’d post what were the pages of scootalfuff he had worked on prior to his disappearance. I do hope he’ll post it soon.

1 Like

I can’t believe i missed this the first time.
But better a late response then never.