Where do feral fluffies sleep?

Not sure if this has been asked before, but where do feral fluffies sleep at night.
They are usually depicted as scared of the dark to a phobic degree. But any place with light would put them in the path of humans. If they made fluff piles on lit sidewalks they’d probably get stomped before morning. But if they pick a back alley it would be to dark.
But, they have to sleep somewhere, so where do they go?

4 Likes

At first yes, they would tend towards the light but after watching their friends get killed they might seek other shelters.

I imagine they like boxes and hidie holes because they use the childish logic of “If I can’t see the scary thing it can’t see me”. I don’t think they ever really overcome their fear of the dark, rather they focus on positives such as their babies or friends. A lone fluff, regardless of age, yeah I can see it heading for the light, unless some great trauma has a hold on it.

6 Likes

Now that you mention it that is kind of paradoxical. In urban settings I see them depicted in alleyways a lot, or in cardboard boxes. Micro fluffies will infest walls, floors, and ceilings so they seem to be built a little different. I also see forest ferals or other “wild” ferals camp in clearings.

5 Likes

I imagine micros actually like smaller areas such as tunnels and walls because of the rodent DNA that is more prevalent. Thus the enjoyment of nutri-gel enclosures. To be fair those always seem to be decently lit.

3 Likes

Or they’d sleep in burrows like rabbits… or hollow trees and sleep on leaves. Also it is funny in Labcoats logic of when they want to hide they cover their eyes and cower with ther hindquarters sticking visibly out

3 Likes

To be fair, alleyways isn’t always black as night, there are buildings with side lighting for legal reasons. Even then, places who have night delivery have a backdoor lit for simple ‘drop the shit here’.

But, I think in big cities, or towns with a night life, the general area is ‘lit’ to a degree to know what’s down the block, but not as bright as day to fend off the darkness for a fluffy.

2 Likes

I mean even humans who are afraid of the dark still go to sleep in it.

My figuring is: fluffies are scared of the dark, yes, because they’ve got the minds of children so if it’s scary to a brain-damaged 3 year old then it’ll be scary to a fluffy pony (because it’s the same thing, mentally speaking).

However the need to sleep and survive overwhelms things like fear, so they’ll just push through it to get some rest where and when they can. As for the specifics of ‘where’, typically stories refer to them as either moving around constantly and just stopping when they find somewhere good (like a person’s yard or something), or having a devoted ‘nest’ of some sort.

Ultimately I think that as long as they feel ‘safe’ enough, they won’t mind the dark so much. After all we don’t get too many stories about fluffies being scared of the dark in homes, which I figure is probably because they’d feel safe enough to not need to worry about anything getting them when they’re nice and cosy in their big soft safe-room.

1 Like
3 Likes

Full on ferals sleep out in the middle of nowhere in repurposed animal burrows, caves, hollow logs hell anywhere that offers shelter for small groups. No idea how huge herds would get on, abandoned houses or scrap yards I guess.

The recently homeless tend to stay near where they were made homeless, back alleyways, random gardens things like that. living in cardboard boxes and whatever else they find.

Its more or less up to the creator of the works

1 Like