Working Mare [Part 9] By: Capgunboy

Working Mare

Part 9: Jasper

Be Blossom, a dandelion yellow fluffy mare that is nearing a year of age, and you have never been so scared in your whole life. You’ve been cornered by the meanest looking meowsy monster you’ve ever seen. Though you realize that this is the first one you’ve encountered in real life and not just on fluffy TV, it still does not lessen the gravity of the situation. You are flat on your back from tripping over a root in the beautiful, huge, maze-like garden that gramma made. You see the meowsy monster slowly approaching you and your instincts are screaming at you to do several different things at once. One part of you wants to run and climb the nearest tree, while another part of you wants to find your herd to be safe with their numbers, and another part is begging you to spread your wings and fly away! But that makes no sense as you were never a wingy fluffy and it just confuses you more! These conflicting emotions just cause you to freeze up and shake uncontrollably as your body automatically urinates in sheer terror. The meowsy monster inches closer to you until its face is right in front of your own, its unclouded eye’s piercing gaze locked onto you. Your breathing becomes frantic and your vision begins to tunnel as you start to feel faint.

“Jasper!” A voice calls out. The meowsy monster turns it head to face the source of the noise and meows in a gravelly voice. “What do you think you’re doing scaring the bajeezus out of poor Blossom?” you crane your neck to see Mommy Cheryl looking down at the meowsy monster with her hands on her hips and an angry look on her face.

“Mummah Shewyw!” you shout, tears of relief forming on your face your voice cracking from the flood of relief “pwease saf Bwossom fwom the meowsy munsta!” Mommy Cheryl frowns and walks over past the meowsy monster and picks you up, hugging you tightly. Being embraced and having her familiar smell wash over you slowly causes your breathing to calm and your heart to relax. You look up at Mommy Cheryl and say with your face still wet from tears “Mummah Shewyw! Bwossom was so scawed! Meowsy munsta was gonna give huwties to Bwossom!”

“Oh Blossom, I doubt that Jasper was gonna hurt you.” She replies, “Sure he’s a scary old cat but he’s rather nice when you get to know him” Mommy Cheryl then places you down on your hooves facing towards jasper, then she leans down and pets the meowsy monster on the head. Jasper rubbed his head on Mommy Cheryl’s hand and emitted a noise that reminded you of a buzzing bee.

“Mummah Shewyw, what noise is J-jaspah making?”

Mommy Cheryl smiled and said “He’s purring, it’s what cats do when they are happy”

“Jaspah is… happy?” you say cocking your head, Mommy Cheryl beckons you over and you slowly approach. Jasper spots you and stares with his one good eye, then moves towards you and rubs his cheek against yours. You can feel the vibrations of his purring and you giggle as his whiskers tickle your face.

“See?” Mommy Cheryl says, “nothing to fear from him, in fact I think he likes you!” she says with a cheery smile.

You smile and rub your own face up against Jasper’s giggling again at his whiskers. “Jaspah is good meowsy mun-!” you catch yourself about to call him a monster again and you quickly say “Jaspah is good kitteh!”

Mommy Cheryl takes some Kleenex out of her pocket and cleans the urine out of your fluff as best she can then picks you and Jasper up awkwardly, each of you wrapped in one of her arms leaving your legs dangling. “Let’s get you two back to the house so I can get you cleaned up a bit better, and I don’t know about you, but I’m getting a bit hungry,” Mommy Cheryl then begins to walk down the garden path.

“OH!” you exclaim, remembering why you were out in the garden searching for Mommy Cheryl. “Gwamma is making w-wasawn-ya for nummies and wanted Bwossom to teww Mumma shewyw!”

“Oooh that sounds tasty doesn’t it! You might like it even better than spaghetti!”

Your eyes light up and your mouth waters at the prospect and mystery this lasagna holds. Jasper in the meantime appears to have gotten tired of being held the way he is and wriggles up out of Mommy Cheryl’s arm and climbs up to rest across her shoulders. Mommy Cheryl then takes her now free arm and gives your legs much needed support as they were starting to get a bit tingly. You reach your head up and rub your cheek on Mommy Cheryl’s like you did with Jasper and you both giggle.

After a short walk your back at the housie and Mommy Cheryl takes you inside. The inside is brightly colored with many small rooms. Jasper jumps down off Mommy Cheryl’s shoulders and runs off further inside. In the next room from the entrance was the kitchen where gramma was puttering around and humming to herself she spots you and Mommy Cheryl and smiles, “I was wondering what was taking you so long. Have any trouble there Blossom?”

“Bwossom was scawed by Jaspah! But Jaspah an Bwossom fwends now!”

“Well that’s wonderful to hear Blossom! My other cats are around the house if you want to meet them” she said smiling.

You clap your front hooves together in excitement then mommy Cheryl hoists you up readjusting her grip and says “Not before we get you cleaned up little missy,” Mommy Cheryl takes you into the next room with a big table in it, then through to the next room where there is a small TV with funny metal thingies coming out of the top. Carol was also in this room, sitting on a couch and playing with her phone; periodically lifting it up in the sky waving it around and scoffing. She spots you in Mommy Cheryl’s arms and gives you a nasty look before going back to her phone and complaining about something called ‘whyfie.’

Mommy Cheryl takes you around a corner into another room that you recognize as a bathroom. She takes you to the sink, which is large and has two spigots, and cleans you off as best she can with a warm washcloth around your hind quarters. After drying you off mommy Cheryl says “Oh! I have an idea!” and runs out of the room quick leaving you in the sink. Thankfully she returns quickly with a small bottle that has a pink ball attached to it by a string. “I’m sure Grandma won’t mind if I use some of her perfume on you, it will make you smell wonderful!” you look up at her with a confused look, but before you can ask what perfume is she squeezes the pink ball attached to the bottle and a spray comes out and hits you in the face, with your eyes open….

“SEE PWACES HAF BUWNIES!” you shout rubbing your face with your forelegs, tears once again forming on your face.

“Oh geez!” Mommy Cheryl starts, getting the warm washcloth again and trying to rub your eyes in between you rubbing them with your legs. “I’m so sorry Blossom! I should have told you to close your eyes!”

After a few minutes of her struggling to clean your eyes and you huu-huuing, the burnies finally begin to leave you see places. You look up at mommy Cheryl sniffing with red raw eyes, she was looking down at you with a frown on her face. She hugs you again and apologizes profusely, you hug her back and say “it otay mummah Shewyw, Bwossom sowwy too.”

Mommy Cheryl releases you and says “well at least you smell good again.”

You sniff around and indeed you smell a very pleasant scent “Bwossom smeww pwetty!”

Mommy Cheryl smiles and pets your head, then lifts you out of the sink and takes you back into the room with the TV and Carol. She sets you down on the floor and says “I’m gonna go find dad ok? You stay here and play nice with Grandma’s cats ok?”

You, not confidently, turn to look at Carol, normally when you see her at home you run and hide from her, but it must be ok for you to be around her today, since you are at gramma’s place. Carol looks away from her phone at you and suddenly bursts out laughing. You recoil in fear at the sudden outburst and look around for a place to hide from her.

“What’s so funny?” Mommy Cheryl asks.

In-between her laughing and snorting Carol manages to say “S-she, she totally looks high! snort what did you do in there give her a joint?”

Mommy Cheryl crosses her arms and frowns at Carol, who only laughs louder at Mommy Cheryl’s reaction. You frown as well and turn away from Carol as Mommy Cheryl throws up her arms and walks away. You move to hide behind an arm chair at the other end of the room, intending to remain there until gramma says it’s time for lunch, but you see that your potential safe place is already occupied by two kittehs. These kittehs were brown and tan striped with piercing green eyes that snapped towards you as soon as you moved into their range of vision.

A tense stillness fell over the situation, the kittehs remaning absolutely still while you awkwardly shuffled on your hooves. You took a step towards them hoping that they were going to be as friendly as Jasper; but as soon as you did the two cats bolted from cover, away from you. Maybe the kittehs wanted to play the chasey game? You gasp in joy as you have never had the chance to play the chasey game! You’d only ever seen other fluffies play it on fluff-TV. You excitedly run after the fleeing kittehs who had ducked under the large dining room table through a forest of chair and table legs.

You chase the Kittehs all over the house, from one end to the other and back again. Each time they duck into cover you stomp your hoves and blow playful raspberries at them causing them to jump and scurry for another piece of cover. You’re having so much fun playing the chasey game with the kittehs you forget that Carol is even in the room.

Be Carol, you are getting more and more frustrated with today’s situation. It’s not like you don’t like coming over to grandma’s house, she cooks the best food and has her amazing garden which is even more fantastic this year. She even lets you go through her old wardrobe at times and take some of her vintage dresses. it’s just that having to put up with blossom all day has really been grating on your nerves, first you had to sit in the car for nearly 2 hours listen to it babble along with your sister and saying now and again how it ‘feew sickies’ or however it put it. Second it must have pissed itself outside because you couldn’t help but catch a strong whiff of it when your sister brought her into the bathroom and that just reminded you of the time it pissed itself in your room, ruining one of your pair of shoes and causing you to have to scrub your floor down; though thankfully your expensive platform boots and clothes seemed to weather the piss-storm relatively unscathed. Now the fucking little shitrat is just running around giggling incessantly while it tortures the cats. She doesn’t even seem to understand that when they hiss at her it means they don’t like what you’re doing, she probably just thinks it’s all a fucking game. On top of all this you can’t seem to get any fucking signal for your phone, every now and then you manage to pick up a bar, and of course there is no fucking wifi for goddamned miles around here and you only want to send one fucking text to your friend just to let her know just how much this day fucking sucks but every time you try to send it it just bounces back saying ‘fucking error, message not sent, try again fucking later.’ You feel your eye twitching as your nerves are fraying more and more.

Just then one of the cats being chased by Blossom jumps up onto the couch and ducks behind it trying to escape the little shit-ball, and of course Blossom isn’t far behind it tromping in from the dining room she is smiling and giggling and dosen’t seem to notice that she is heading right toward you until its too late. Her eyes go wide and she attempts to stop in her tracks but she ends up skidding right into your legs.

Blossom meekly inches away from you her lip quivering and sputtering out “S-s-ss-s—owwy M-mm-mu”, she stops herself before she says what you assume to be ‘Mummah.’ She tries again to mutter out an apology “S—sss-sowwy Ca-c-ca” you cut her off before she gets a chance to finish. You give her a single hard kick which sends her flying across the floor and slamming into a potted plant against the far side of the room. You hoped you were careful enough to not actually hurt her, as you know your family would never forgive you, but you never know with these things as you have heard of them almost falling apart from the slightest amount of violence in other instances.

Before you know what’s happening you hear heavy footfalls coming toward you. You look and see grandma heading to you with a look of fury on her face and her hands clenched into fists. You don’t have time to react when she grabs you by the collar with one hand and gives you a broad open handed smack across the face with the other.

22 Likes

This is the last chapter that was posted to the booru, from here on out we are in unfamiliar territory. The side story I am working on, Boutique De Moelleux is a side story that takes place in the same universe as working mare, so if you want to check that one out and see what you think I would greatly appreciate it.

6 Likes

Finally! Carol gets an attitude adjustment!

10 Likes

YAAAASSS
GO GRANY GO!!!

9 Likes

One good thing is that Carol finally gets what she should have a long time ago. Bad thing - Blossom needs medical attention ASAP

6 Likes

Time for grandmas sorry spoon~

4 Likes

I hate that bitch more than any other female abuser ive ever come across. Sure fluffies can be annoying but Blossom was literally not doing a single thing to her. If the cats hated what Blossom was doing they would have scratched her and that would have been the end of it. Lock her in a sorry shed and throw away the key. Fucking bitch.

4 Likes

All she had to do was explain- hey, the cat’s don’t like being played with like that, they might think you are being mean- and Blossom would have fallen over herself to do it right.

4 Likes

Yeah, but even if she did she would be a fucking bitch about it and make Blossom sound like a retard even tho she’s still an animal and doesn’t know any better.

3 Likes

Are you still planning on working on this story?

1 Like

Yes there is more to come, I just don’t have a lot of free time lately and have been wanting to work on other projects. But there is definitely more Blossom shenanigans upcoming.

4 Likes

Masses demand more! But masses also demand that you take care of yourself

5 Likes

Absolutely. I was just wondering is all. I would be dissapointed if a project i enjoy is discontinued but i totally understand that life gets in the way.

3 Likes

I’m an unapologetic cat person, but you’re right. Carol really could (and should) have handled that better.

3 Likes

Yeah, Blossom shouldn’t have chased the cats around the house but she still has the mind of a toddler and doesn’t fully realize what she’s doing. Like Carol said, she probably just thinks it’s a game. If the cats truly had enough they would have bitten or scratched her and that would have been enough to scare her off. Sure she would have needed some bandaids and some consoling from Cheryl, but they would just explain to her that what she was doing was scary to them and that’s why they tried hurting her.

3 Likes

Hell yeah, grandma laying the literal smack down!

I love this story so much. Blossom is a sweetheart and surprisingly clever for a fluffy, plus super adaptable. She’s definitely top tier for fluffies. Thank you so much for writing such a cute and fun story!

4 Likes