38 - Foal-In-A-Can by Deliverance

Hello, this is my first post here, don’t have a tablet or anything to draw on at this moment, so I’ll be posting some of my old stuff.

Tech specs in 37 - Foal-In-A-Can Specs by Deliverance.

Full size here.

135 Likes

The cans being recycled is remarkably efficient for the fluffy universe - most of the time it becomes a coffin for the unbought foal. Can see why you’d want to reuse it though, it’s certainly worth more than its contents.

20 Likes

Yes, they won’t loose a high-tech can for some artificial life-form, also made a drawing of the can specs, will post it later.

9 Likes

Thank you for posting <3
You were one of the first artists in this community to make a big impression on me and you still do. I envy how freely and ruthlessly you imagine fluffies.

10 Likes

IRL I’d think these cans would be handled the way beverage bottles used to be handled - the customer basically pays a deposit (or a little extra) for the drink and bottle and is refunded that extra when the bottle is turned in (Coke used to or may still do this).
So in this case, the customer pays for a foal-in-a-can and is refunded a partial amount when the customer later returns the can. Maybe the machine has a deposit slot that scans the can when returned.

8 Likes

A fluffy being born with no fluff? How unusual.

3 Likes

Thanks, I always enjoyed so much your art.

2 Likes

Depends on the headcanon, some people speculate that it takes hours for newly born fluffies to have fur, while some speculate its almost immediately as they’re born.

1 Like

It could also be the case that at the industrial foal-in-a-can factories, the mares have induced labour slightly early / at a specific time so that there is no variability for improved efficiency. If that’s the case, then perhaps the foals are born slightly before fur development, and also slightly before even chirping. It could improve the shelf life by a day or two.

3 Likes

Why are cabbage fluffies the most common for abuse? They are the best

2 Likes

Brown is by default more pitiable since their lot is worse and brown is a humble color.

If I can get a bit out there, the human mind links the color green with feelings of lust and desire (red tends to be passion in general, plus anger). Sex and death are inextricably linked even in the earliest human mythology plus green despite being seen as calming and natural is not a natural color for almost any mammalian fauna (and indeed we tend to instinctively associate creatures that are green with disease, parasites, and venom).
So green is the Fluffy of Enfies, Smarties giving Enfies, suffering, and death. So the abused/defiled (plus slasher movie rules of sex=death), and the source of ideas that are anathema to us.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the primary color Easter pastels, but since Fluffies originate from MLP the pastels must default as the most popular.

4 Likes

Dude I don’t know half of that and just like it cause cabbage colors

1 Like

I take latter because how do mares detect poopie babies without any fur.

2 Likes

Clearly they have to wait a while for the fur to come in.

And then if the babbeh is poopie, the mummah noms it.

(If you think about it, this is the most logical thing for a mummah to do to a babbeh it won’t raise.)

1 Like

I wonder how many foal-in-a-cans they’d make with the hookup method? The most common method I’ve seen from artists is the corked butt method, where they value efficiency and low manufacturing cost, but defects are higher.

1 Like

In my head Canon its due to pheromones. I’m doing a whole faux science article on it on my other account lol.

But I do follow the “born with a thin layer of fluff” philosophy

2 Likes

This is one of my top favorites.
Very glad to have you here, @Deliverance !

2 Likes

Logical, yes.
But its Fluffies.

Poopie babbeh=eating feces. So its a last resort.

1 Like

Awesome info for foal-in-a-can, got home good ideas on my future stories :thinking:

1 Like

I liked “Invited” a lot, can’t wait to see what happens next. :+1:

1 Like