3d artwork questions [by ChungusMyBungus]

I’ve always been a writer, never been any damn good at visual art of any kind, but after seeing all the works people have put together on this site, it’s making me want to try my hand at some basic posing of models to start creating more visual stories.

To that end, does anyone have any recommended programs they use, something simple to learn or at least easy to use?
Are there any existing fluffy pony models that are available to be used for such purposes? Or would I have to bust out the hammer and chisel and start carving out my own?

Thanks in advance, everyone.

5 Likes

I’m probably even worse at art than you are, there’s a reason I stick to writing.

But I think I know a couple of people who can help you with this.

Oi! @Mexi! @FLUFF0! You mind helping this bloke out?

4 Likes

Off the top of my head i think Blender? But i am inexperienced in 3D model stuff so take what i say with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

I’ve always liked Mexi’s stuff, I’d be interested to (for lack of a better term) ‘copy’ their style.

2 Likes

Hopefully, those two will see that I @'ed them before long and they’ll be willing to give you some advice.

2 Likes

Blender n00b myself, excited to learn

4 Likes

I use blender sow as mexi, my inspiration for my models was mexi and from there create mine, i recommend start from scratch that way you can learn about blender and get use to it, and sure from my part would be glad to give advice to help out. (Not a pro but glad to help out whit what I can)

2 Likes

Thanks, I don’t have any massive plans, I’ve just got some ideas for stories that would work better in a visual medium, and I don’t want to go around begging for people to make comics for me. It’d be better to just do it myself, but I am a complete beginner.

3 Likes

If you want to make your own then blender is definitely the best program to start with.
Don’t really know if there’s anything I can say about how to make them that will be too helpful, I just kept making different versions until I was happy.

3 Likes