6th of December by:Foxhoarder

Since there are always so many pictures celebrating 4th of July, I decided to make one for Finnish independence day too.

For those who didn’t know, “Tulta Munille!” is the Finnish battlecry, meaning “Fire at their balls!”

79 Likes

This explains some things…

4 Likes

And this lil one literally. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was gonna say that too.

So from what country did Finland gain it’s independence ?

3 Likes

Soviet Union.

4 Likes

Figures it would be them.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Wasn’t it Russian empire?

3 Likes

The banner may change, but the balls of the enemy are all the same. May they never breed again.

7 Likes

Don’t fire til you see the whites of their eyes and can hear their balls crack lads !

2 Likes

There is a difference. USSR was the first who recognized Finnland as an independent country. The winter war is an unrelated story

3 Likes

Oh now i’m interested.
Always liked history I did.

1 Like

So, basically, in 1917 Nikolai II, the emperor of the Russian empire, abdicated the throne. Because of this, Russian Provisional Government, took over the country. The status of the subjects of Russian empire at that moment caused confusion even in the subjects themselves and overall was unresolved. That includes Finnland. The Provisional Government gave Finnland more autonomy, but it still treated it as if it was still a subject of the empire. When the Civil War between the future USSR and the loyalists happened. At that moment newly formed Finnish parliament decided that if there is a time to declare independence, it is now. The ussr cheared them on. The Provisional Government couldn’t do jack shit about it because 1)civil war and 2) they were on the eastern front of that civil war. I think you know the rest

8 Likes

Make funnies abd learn history, that’s how we do it here

5 Likes

Shooting a fluffy in the balls with a BB: funny
Shooting a fluffy in the balls with 7.62x54mm and the resulting spray of blood and gore: fucking hilarious

2 Likes

Kind of ironic that the USSR under Lenin would recognize Finland as a sovereign nation only for Stalin to conquer it during the Winter Wars.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Finns would tell you the Soviets were worse than the Russian Empire.

I mean, it was so bad that the Finns allied with Nazi Germany to try to fight off the USSR. (The Finns wanted to ally with the U.S. and Britain, but under the circumstances that wasn’t an option.)

On a different note, apropos to the picture, I believe the fluffy’s reaction is best summed up as “perkele!”

4 Likes

Funny story is how Stalin didn’t conquer Finland. Though he won control over lake Ladoga and Karelia as part of the truce, if memory serves.

3 Likes

it took me too long to find this joke about fluffies and the finnish language that i accidentally made a while ago.

if you know finnish, you get the joke.

3 Likes

I think conquer would be an apt description for the USSR did establish Finland as a satellite state after overthrowing the “Facist” government that aided with German during WW2. I recall a Communist government was forced on Finland after the Winter Wars*

\

*I attempt that I am not well versed in the history of these conflict, so my info may be a bit off