A Better Life For The Babbehs Ch. 2 [END] [By BFM101]

Zach stepped through the open gates of Mulberry Mansion and looked about the place, whatever fortune Charles had he certainly used it well but not to the extent of feeling like he was showing off. The house was impressive sure, but the Mansion name was ironic, it looked like a regular modern two story house with a sleek designer finish.

Well, as regular as you could get buying a house for just under a million.

To Zach it was a remarkable if somewhat subdued depiction of Charles wealth, to the Fluffies it might as well have been Skettiland.

“Dis homesis am INCWEDIBEW!” Dandy gazed up at the smooth stone finish with partial wood panelling across the entrance, each piece varnished to a near mirror shine.

“Yep.” Zach said, adjusting the carrier cage in his arms. “Sasha’s daddy is very rich so he can afford to buy bigger homes for them. I hope none of you start wishing for a bigger home than the one we have.”

“Owange nu suwe on big homesie, wemind hew of twee pwace.” Orange said with a tremble, the memories of her harsh youth still hurting her after so long.

Snowdrop and Dandy cuddled Orange, letting her feel a little better, whilst Apple stayed at the front, keenly watching around for dangers.

“Daddeh twust Sah-sha daddeh?” She asked Zach.

“Miranda vouches for him, and Sasha seems like she’s happy. I’ll play nice but you keep an eye out for any trouble, ok?”

Apple nodded and put on her best serious face, giving Zach a good chuckle just as he knocked on the door. A moment later and it opened, to Zach’s surprise it was Charles on the other side and not a butler, giving the riches Charles seemed to have Zach half-expected the place to be swarming with staff, but Charles was – as far as Zach could tell – alone.

And as ever, impeccably dressed, this time wearing a black shirt and a shining dark-blue waistcoat under a purple coat with a black and yellow chequered pattern and a feather collar.

Once again Zach wondered how Charles was pulling it off so damn well.

“Zachariah, you made it. Fabulous, come in, come in. Would you like a drink?”

“I’m good for the moment thanks, I gotta admit, I was expecting a doorman or someone like that, you caught me off-guard when I saw you.”

Charles waved away the ridiculousness of Zach’s statement and led him down the hallway.

“Oh nonsense Zachariah, I don’t go in for that kind of slave labour. I have a small security detail here for my safety and the safety of my Fluffies, had one of my breeder friends April pay a good amount for an Alicorn colt from a farmer couple out in the countryside, the farm was attacked by junkie scum, burned the house and killed most of the colt’s family.”

“Jesus.”

“Yep, the couple lived although they never financially recovered from the whole thing. Never did find the colt’s body, or his sister, but the point is darling, people will do crazy things when it comes to designer Fluffies, they think Fluffies are dime-a-dozen pests, so when they hear that same pest with a 10 Grand price-tag they’ll try something BECAUSE it’s just a pest. My guards are well-aware that my Fluffies come first and I have zero tolerance for any lax behaviour, they get paid well enough to take the job seriously. Other than that I share the home with three of my closest friends but they’re all upstairs, we won’t be seeing them today, instead we’re here to see this little lady.”

Charles opened one of the door in the hallway and presented Zach and the Fluffies with the biggest playroom any of them had ever seen, Zach briefly wondered if the room alone was bigger than his house.

“WOWSIES!”

Zach placed the carrier on the ground and opened the door, the Fluffies stepped out and gazed around them, a lilac carpet, as thick and fluffy as the warmest mummah led into walls painted with playing, smiling Fluffy families and their human owners, going to the park, to the funfair, to the circus. And the toys, so many balls and blocks and stuffy-friends, more than any of them could even count.

And then one real friend, Sasha came bounding up to the family, beaming wide.

“YU CAME! Sah-sha hab biggesh heawt-happies tu see nyu fwiends gain.”

Sasha went up and hugged each of them, going from Snowdrop to Orange, to Apple and Dandy last, both Zach and Charles noted that Dandy’s hug lasted noticeably longer than the other three.

Charles knelt down and stroked Sasha’s mane. “Ok Sasha, daddeh and mister Zach have to go talk about human things for a moment, why don’t you show your new friends where everything is and we’ll be back shortly.”

“Ok daddeh, dis way fwiends, Sah-sha show yu whewe tu make gud-poopies fiwst.”

As Sasha led the family to the litterbox, Charles led Zach out of the room.

“You sure it’s safe leaving them in there alone?”

“They’ll be fine Zachariah, you worry too much darling. It’s a safe-room for a reason and I have security cameras linked to my phone, see.”

Charles pulled out his phone and showed Zach the app that let him view the inside of the safe-room, in crisp HD, Zach was able to see Sasha pointing out the litterbox to the others and then leading them to the corner with the ballpit.

Charles put his phone away. “They’re safe Zachariah, I promise you. Besides, we have some important humans things to discuss.”

“I had a feeling that this wasn’t meant to be a social visit.”

Charles laughed and kept walking, taking Zach into a very large and very fancy kitchen. There was a man already inside wearing a suit and sunglasses, he spoke into the earpiece on the side of his head and nodded at Charles.

“Afternoon Mr Mulberry.”

“Afternoon Taggart, all’s well I hope.”

“Indeed sir, nothing to report.”

“Excellent, take five minutes, I have some business to discuss with Zachariah.”

“Of course sir, I’ll do a perimeter check.”

“Fabulous.”

Taggart left his post, leaving Zach and Charles alone in the kitchen, Charles opened the fridge and pulled out a jug of water, then took two glasses from the cupboard and placed all three on the countertop.

“Sure I can’t interest you in a drink?”

“Um… sure, seems we might be here a while.”

“Au contraire Zachariah, I believe our business to be rather brisk and breezy. But before we talk professional, let us talk personally, I trust you have several questions about me.”

Zach took a drink of his water and nodded. “Yeah, I guess I do.”

“Ask away, anything you like.”

“Ok, I guess I’ll start with… why did you invite me here?”

Charles softly sipped his glass and smiled. “How much did Miranda tell you about me?”

“Not much, said you sold designer Fluffies and were stupid rich but nothing much else.”

“Well she’s right, I do sell designer Fluffies and have been for many years, but most of what I do is pageantry work, I breed and raise Fluffies to be… well I guess show-ponies would be apt. I got quite good at it too, first prize at the Bad-Roomie’s Best In Show Bonanza three years in a row, made most of my money selling out my prized Fluffies for studding and breeding. And before you judge me, I always let my Fluffies stay with their families, you get the best results from good Fluffies raising good Fluffies and being allowed to relax and have children without having to worry for three months out of the year is the best way to reward your Fluffies for a job well-done. Pretty can only get you so far, any random Fluffy can be pretty through their weird genetics, they’re also judged on personality, intelligence and friendliness. Something that a lot of breeders tend to forget, had one of my competitors, man called James Dobbs, his know-how of Fluffy genes was second-to-none, always brought forth the prettiest, shiniest Fluffies you’ve ever seen, but he spoiled them rotten, turned each and every one of them into bitch-mares and Smarties, poor moron never learned.”

“Sounds like a class act.”

“He was a fiend, but he’s been fired and hasn’t found work again in six months so mores the pity. I tend to keep my breeding couples in house during the off-season, but we’re about to hit the Summer Season so I’ve moved all my prized Fluffies upstate to their Pageant Home while I take some much needed time off to look after Sasha, she’s…”

Charles paused and took another drink from his glass, Zach noticed that his face got a lot more serious once he put the glass down.

“Sasha’s mother June was one of my best mares, friendly, polite, clever, and absolutely beautiful. Sasha was part of her first litter, and someone made the mistake of mentioning that Sasha was easily the best looking of the five foals. We left her for, no more than 15 minutes, and we came back to find June had stomped Sasha’s four brothers and sisters to death, leaving Sasha crying in a pool of blood.”

“Jesus.”

“Precisely, it turned out that one of my trainers had pulled a Dobbs, broke it into June’s mind that anything less than cold, clinical perfection was unacceptable, poor June thought was she doing the right thing by taking away her ‘not-perfect babbehs’ so she could focus on Sasha. Naturally we couldn’t undo that damage so June was retired… not killed, God we’re not monsters, no we took her to a sanctuary and let her relax without the pressures of perfection. Gave her one of our gelded stallions for a companion, she’ll still ask about having foals but not as much as some of the other mares, I think she’s still a little scared of hurting her children again.”

“You still haven’t answered my question.”

Charles laughed and finished his water. “No I guess I haven’t. Sasha hasn’t been put forward into pageantry work because I couldn’t risk her like that, on some level she recognised what her mother did to her siblings, even as a blind chirpy she FELT that, it’s why she’s never seen June since that day and why I’ve raised her ever since. But I want to take the chance on her children someday, see if they can fill the gap left by June, continue her legacy as a prized mare, not a foal killer. And I think Dandy is perfect mate for her.”

“You want Dandy to stud for Sasha?”

“No Zachariah, I want Dandy to be Sasha’s permanent mate. From a business standpoint he’s perfect, polite, kind, sincere, and his colours are fantastic.”

“Yellow is fantastic?”

“Not just yellow, monochrome yellow, the monochrome gene has phased out over generation so it’s rarity is valuable, the fact that Dandy and Orange are both monochrome tells me they have a good chance to have a strong gene in them. More to the point, Dandy clearly likes Sasha, and Sasha clearly likes Dandy, that alone is a great first step to a happy family.”

“Look, Charles, I’m not great with the whole Fluffy thing, I mean Christ I let my first Fluffy go to baby-fever, but aren’t Dandy and Sasha too young to be breeding right now.”

“They are, it won’t be another 3 to 4 months before we even think about putting them together, but this is where the hard part of our conversation comes into play. With your permission, I would like to adopt Dandy and keep him here to become Sasha’s special-friend.”

Zach was expecting this to come up, but hearing it knocked the wind out of him all the same. “I don’t know, the foals are all so close, giving what happened to them, and Snowdrop adores them, I can’t break up that family, can I?”

“I’m not expecting an answer right now, but I understand where you’re coming from, Miranda filled me in on your story as well. And from what I’ve seen of your foals, I don’t think you have to worry about another Mary situation, here let me show you.”

Charles pulled out his phone and brought up the security app again, inside the safe-room the two men saw Dandy and Sasha building blocks together, Dandy obviously showing off his block-building skills, Snowdrop and Orange rested together off to the side with Orange holding tightly onto one of the stuffed animals, and Apple lay on the carpet, looking between her siblings and closed door.

Charles pointed at Dandy and Sasha first “Look, Dandy is already showing off for Sasha, he’s one good song away from prancing in front of her, he’s not a stallion yet but he’s getting closer everyday and these feelings he has for Sasha will manifest themselves, Fluffies often confuse love and lust but for Dandy, I think both will come for him in time.”

Charles moved the camera to focus on Snowdrop and Orange. “Now Snowdrop I can tell is a good surrogate mummah, she clearly loves the foals and will keep loving them as they go off and become parent themselves. Is she spayed?”

“No, no I was planning on letting her have a family someday, once I got settled with my new promotion.”

“She’ll wait, she’s had the chance to be a mummah, that’ll hold her off for a little while. Orange is similar, she’s so kind and so gentle that she’ll be a great mummah one day, but only when she’s ready, I think Mary’s treatment has made her a little scared and she’ll be a little jittery round foals, especially her own as she might overcompensate to avoid turning into another Mary, but a gentle hand will guide her properly.”

Finally Charles focussed the camera on Apple. “Now… I think Apple is the least of your worries when it comes to foals.” He giggled as he spoke.

“How so?”

“Well just look at what she’s doing, she’s standing guard, keeping watch on both her siblings and the entrance for any potential dangers to come through. Isn’t it obvious, she’s a born toughy.”

“A Toughy? Never seen a female Toughy before.”

“That’s where the next part comes in, Fluffies have a strict view of gender politics, stallions are Smarties, toughies and foragers, mares stay home and look after the foals, it’s just how they were designed. That’s not to say there aren’t cross-overs between the two genders, but it is rare and often results in crossed wires in the Fluffies head. Which is a long-winded way to tell you that Apple is most likely gay.”

“Gay… GAY? You can look at Apple just sitting there and tell me that she’s gay?”

“Well I’m a friend of Dorothy’s myself darling, so my gaydar is a little stronger than yours, plus I’ve been raising Fluffies for almost a decade and I’ve picked up a few thing to look out for. I can’t say with 100% certainty, but I’m more sure than not that Apple will come out when she’s older. But even if she was straight, she would follow her siblings and not fall into the same traps their mother did, they’ll all be good parents someday, but that day will come sooner than you think, and you’ll have to split up the family whether you want to or not. If you agreed to let me take Dandy, then I promise you this won’t be a goodbye, you and I will be business partners, I’ll give you 15% cut of profits made from your Fluffies, you’ll have a key to the house to come and go as you please so you’re never away from Dandy for too long, and if you want to come with us to the pageantries I will provide you with free room and board as my personal Fluffy handler. Plus I’ll even help you find good mates for the others and let you decide if you want to enter them into the pageant world together or not.”

“Can I think it over, you’ve just thrown a lot at me and I need to mull it in my head.”

“Of course, I’d think less of you if you didn’t. Like I said, Dandy and Sasha still have a good few months before we can think of making them special-friends, so take your time and let me know when you’re ready.”

Zach smiled and nodded to show he understood, but internally he was already at odds about what to do.

Back at home that night, Zach watched his Fluffies have their last dinner meal before bedtime, they were all upset to be leaving Sasha’s big home but the promise of being allowed back eased their minds.

As they each finished their bowl of kibble, Zach knelt down to collect the dishes and paused.

“Guys, gathered round I have something to tell you all.”

Snowdrop and the three siblings all sat on the kitchen floor, making a small semi-circle in front of Zach.

“Sasha’s daddy asked me something today, he asked me if he could adopt Dandy and become his daddy so that Dandy and Sasha could… become best friends someday.” Zach chose he words carefully, not wanting to blind Dandy with the thought of enfies.

“Dan-dee hab nyu daddeh?” Apple questioned Zach. “Bu wha Appew an famiw du den?”

“Well, you’d all stay here with me, we’d still see Dandy almost every day and maybe even meet more of Sasha’s friends sometimes. Now we don’t have to say yes, if we say no then Dandy will stay here and we’ll still be friends with Sasha and her daddy, but if we say yes, then Dandy won’t live here anymore, but he’ll have a new home and a chance to grow closer to Sasha.”

“Nu wun bwudda tu gu.” Orange sobbed out, blubbering out tears.

“What about Dandy, what do you think?”

“Dan-dee nu suwe, wan be bestesh fwiends wiv Sah-sha, wan shawe homesie wiv hew, bu nu wan weave sissies an mummah. Dan-dee finkie-pwaces hab huwties.”

At that moment, Snowdrop gathered all three of the foals and turned them to face. “Snowdwop undastan wha daddeh am saying, he nu wan babbehs tu gu tuu, bu he knyo dat babbehs becom big Fwuffies soon, an babbehs wan hab famiwy sumtime. Dis am gud homesie, bu nu am big enuff fow aww babbehs famiwies, daddeh wan Dan-dee hab chance tu be Sah-sha famiwy, gib woom fow Owange an Appew tu hab own famiwies if dey wan. Dan-dee nu wive hewe, bu Dan-dee am stiww pawt of dis famiwy.”

The three foals sniffled and reach in to cuddle Snowdrop together, Snowdrop hugged them all back at once.

“Wub yu mummah.” Orange peeped out.

After a moment, Dandy turned back to face Zach. “Daddeh pwomise Dan-dee see sissies an mummah gain?”

“I promise, almost every day if I can manage it.”

“Den Dan-dee be ok habben Sah-sha daddeh be nyu daddeh, wan famiwy hab biggesh heawt-happies, eben if nu together.”

Zach smiled and pulled out his phone as all four of his Fluffies starting hugging each other.

“Charles, it’s Zach. I think I have an answer for you.”

I went a little deeper into Charles’ backstory than I planned to, almost decided to add in a third chapter but I thought ending things here would be fine. The point of this series was to round things out for Zach’s foals in a happier light and this is the first step to that happy ending they deserve.

Obvious it won’t be all sunshine and rainbows, as evidenced by Dandy having to leave his sisters and mother behind, but none of them will ever be cold or lonely or hungry ever again and they will still see each other as often as they can.

If people want, I can do a little more further down the line, I have some small ideas I can branch out, but for the moment, this is where the foals are and it’s a damn sight better than where they were.

48 Likes

Hahahaha omg :smiling_face_with_tear: The economy of yesteryear…

12 Likes

Absolutely, I love this little group and want to hear more about their overall happy experiences.

10 Likes

Ahh i get it!!

6 Likes

I really enjoyed this story. I’d like to read about what happened to Mary and Forrest, see how their miserable lives came to an end.

6 Likes

I love it, finally Dandy can be closer to Sasha and something he will forever cherish and as well having a good adoptive mother and his siblings will be in better hands.

Zach is a good owner as well as Charles hope to see some shorts of their slice of life.

Hilarious cameo mentioning ol James Dobbs the idiot! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Yeah he maybe out of a job but he forever constantly messing the town and fluffy owners bout their pets and ended up getting arrested for kidnapping, illegal entry and stupidity.

6 Likes

I’m quite happy where they are, thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love how one of the tags is literally just
L E S B I A N

4 Likes

Dang, I was really hoping for more of this! Poor babies deserve all the love they can get!

Shit… am I still an abuser?

Your story is good but I consider that with this new character who happens to be someone rich and with a big business it was too much, that is to say how much % of this happening is possible, the truth is another point that I notice that you repeat the theme many times either with rich mysterious character or strong mysterious character who uses magic

I’ve had a few crossover characters with FallenAngel’s headcanon, I have tried to keep them somewhat in keeping with the more realistic tones of my universe - and with the benefit of hindsight maybe I went too far with Caesar in Requiem For A Doctor - but I wouldn’t say I use magic that often.

As for this story, well it was just a quick little wrap-up for the surviving foals without too much thought put into it. Is Charles too convenient? Yeah probably, but I wanted to give them a good ending and capitalist scum that I am, money seemed the best way to give it to them.

2 Likes

Lesbian Fluffies are the best Fluffies. They rarely go Bitch due to the fact they do not experience Hormonal rush during their young adult stage thus they kept their original disposition.

2 Likes

this is awesome! i can’t wait to possibly see more in the future if you have more planned out