A Death in Wilmington [Story by DeathProofPony, Art by ShadySmarty]

187 Likes

Reposted by @FenFey

7 Likes

This one has to be my favorite in the whole community

11 Likes

This post was what introduced me to the “backstory” of fluffies. I’m still very fond of it.

11 Likes

Same here actually

4 Likes

Its sad and informative, a good story but sad nevertheless. Man the boom of them in the city is really freaky, cars always gets fluffy squash on their car and constant washing every day.

6 Likes

Damn, this art’s amazing. Really love that panel of the shadowy human figure looming over the blue foal. One thing that’s never really addressed is the sheer size difference between small fluffies and humans.

3 Likes

We are Shadow of the Colossus compared to them.

2 Likes

I love it

1 Like

Just stopping by years after the fact to say I’m glad the author chose to make the lady in red heels so THICC.

4 Likes

One of my all-time favorite comics, and a perfect explanation of the humans attitude toward fluffies. And all shown from the point of view of fluffies, who’ll never understand why the humans they’re born to love treat them like like trash. :blush:

7 Likes

thanks for bumping this awesome one to the front again. good lord I loathe fluffies…

But I adore the loathing of fluffies.

She had had it coming…damn shit rat

2 Likes

For me, its the pathos of it all. She tried so hard only to see her children die. And the fluffy expressions are heartrending. That last foal sees death coming and doesn’t even try to get out of the way, because what’s the point?

And none of it was the result of calculated malice, just casual cruelty and bad luck.

Its an exquisite sadness, which we can indulge because these aren’t real creatures.

2 Likes

The first comic about fluffies i found two years ago… I love it so much

3 Likes

God, the way the last foal is weeping and desperately forcing a smile like if it just believes hard enough and hugs hard enough, it really will make everything better.

1 Like

Life is hard, so who cares what happens with this shitrats.

2 Likes

I consider this one of the first bleakbox stories: the humans here don’t act out of malice, they don’t openly abuse the fluffies, they are just tired and consider them pests so they are uncaring and indifferent to the suffering of these biotoys.

It also explains why fluffies’ lives are both miserable and meaningless: it was born as a product but has become a product almost nobody wants anymore.

8 Likes

Existential flip: humans wonder why God treats them like disposable pests.

#EmpathyBox

1 Like

id slaughter these things if they were real. their existence is an affront to nature.

1 Like