A dime a dozen by(that1hugboxer)

This is a continuation of operation shattered mirror by(that1hugboxer)

“Nu!!! Bad upsie !!!”

“How dare you do that to Mirage!”
You say hoisting the bratty mare in front of your face.

You are Glitter , you just caught Daisy the fluffy that Mirage adopted. Giving Mirage sorry peepees because she didn’t like the size of the slice of pineapple Mirage gave her as a treat.

“It’s fluffies like you that give all us bio toys a bad name!”

“ Now you are going to apologize to Mirage!”

Daisy shrieks

“Nu wan’ mummah she nu tawkie!Daisy nu say sowwy tu dummeh mummah!”

You stop dead in your tracks.

“What the fuck did you just say, you little shit rag?!!!”

Daisy gasps .

“'ou said bad wowds!”

You resist the urge to kill daisy in front of Mirage and instead take her to the crop field and place her down gently.

Daisy looks around in horror at the fluffies working.

“D…Daisy am mummah’s pwincess! daisy nu am wowkin’ fwuffie !”

You smirk.

“You know the rules Daisy. If a fluffy doesn’t have a mummah or daddeh then they have to work for their food and lodging.”

Daisy processes what you said for a moment before her expression changes to one of Dread.

“N…Nu faiw… NU FAIW!!! “

You exchange Daisy for a desert camouflage colored talkie baby.

You return to Mirage and give her the foal.

“I’m sorry that happened Mirage. Some fluffies really are rotten to the core.”

Mirage looks at the little foal.

“Bowie…”

The foal chirps with happiness.

“Fank ‘ou mummah! bowie wub new name. Bowie pwomise to be gud fwuffie fo’ mumma!”

You head off to inform Rameses about the incident.

You find him running pistol drills and target practice with his high point
JPX 10mm pistol.

Rameses drops the magazine,clears the chamber and locks back the slide before removing his hearing protection.

You explain the situation.

Rameses looks at you.

“Thanks for taking care of that for me Glitter.”

“No problem….I still don’t know why you got her a fluffy.”

“I didn’t get her anything. She asked if she could keep the fluffy and I said ok. It was entirely her choice.”

You rub the back of your neck.

“ I get that you want to be a good dad to her but… is she really emotionally mature enough for the responsibility?”

Rameses smiles Then loads his pistol.

“Glitter come here for a moment.”

“Ok.”

“Rameses hands you the high point JPX 10mm pistol.”

The weight catches you off guard.

“Good Lord Rameses I will never understand why you carry this instead of a Glock.”

“It most certainly would be more advantageous from your perspective but let me show you something.”

Rameses takes back the pistol and attaches a silencer to the end of the barrel.

“Now do the same thing with your Glock.”

You attached a silencer to your Glock.

“Now look down the sights and tell me what you see.”

“It’s hard to see with the silencer in the way.”

“Why don’t you try looking down the sights of my high point?”

“The slide on the high point is so bulky that the sights on top actually clear the silencer entirely, it’s as if it’s not even there.”

Rameses chuckles.

“The high point is heavier, holds less rounds and is comparably much more difficult to field strip. But the greater weight reduces recoil, the higher slide means aiming with a silencer is easier and the overall bulkiness means that it can be used as a bludgeon. The Glock 20 is lighter, slimmer, holds more rounds and is far easier to field strip. But when shooting with a silencer it is very difficult to aim and the lighter design makes recoil a little harsher .

Both fire the 10mm round . So it comes down to practicality.

For regular soldiers who have to carry 80+ pounds of gear the Glock 20 would be the superior option.

As a C.O.B.R.A mercenary I get to choose how I dedicate that 80+ pounds of weight. I choose to carry a heavier pistol and several extra pistol magazines instead of more rifle magazines. I carry the same amount of weight and the extra pistol magazines equal out to a greater overall ammunition capacity than if I carried a Glock 20. I mostly fight in close quarters where a rifle would be more difficult to maneuver and because of my shaky hands a lighter pistol would be harder to keep on target. The ability to aim with a suppressor makes my job a lot easier as well.”

You look at Rameses confused

“What does this have to do with Mirage?”

Rameses smiles.

“Sometimes what appears to be a sub optimal choice is actually a tactical decision. Mirage has a lot she’s carrying. The fluffy may be a lot of work for her but it helps keep her mind off of everything else she’s carrying. You know as well as I do that no therapist is going to treat a bio toy with any kind of dignity .”

“So until I can get her the fake human ID, social security number, birth certificate etcetera. She’s using what coping mechanism she has available to sustain herself.”

4 Likes

Good Rameses. It’s hard to be a kid with a crushing load. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I know you didn’t mean it like that but “good Rameses” means me think you are talking about a dog instead of a dude :rofl: “who’s a good boy ? Is it you Rameses?”

“HOOZA GOOBOY? HOOZAT? RAMESES IZZA GOOBOY! Wanna bone, gooboy? Iz from your sister!”

1 Like